Preview Round 4, 2024: Richmond v St.Kilda - Norwood Oval, Sunday 7th April, 3:20PM AEST *GATHER ROUND*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t get too carried away with PA just yet - agree they have a dynamic midfield that we would die for- but have choked at home big time in the 2021 and 2023 final series and under old Kenny for 12 years have never made a GF.

Let’s see how the year pans out for them
Also Rozee was no more of a mid then Pou, Windy Owens etc at u18 level. He also spent a lot of time on the HFF so it it’s not just that they drafted ‘mids’

Also random thought but I remember there was an article that said that Chris Liberatore wanted Rozee and Lethers overruled him with Ming.

All these excuses already of, it would be nice to be on an oval, the wings are to narrow are just crap.
Both teams have to play on the same ground let’s stop looking for excuses and get the job done.
We have injuries news flash they have more.
Doesn’t matter who’s out, it’s the 22 that take the field that matters.
I'm preparing myself for a disappointing season. Just reading between the lines of what Ross is saying, we're just nowhere near a finished product. There'll be losses and hopefully they become learning opportunities. Would love to beat the Tigers but it looks a 50-50 game to me and can go either way.

All these excuses already of, it would be nice to be on an oval, the wings are to narrow are just crap.
Both teams have to play on the same ground let’s stop looking for excuses and get the job done.
We have injuries news flash they have more.
Doesn’t matter who’s out, it’s the 22 that take the field that matters.
I think that’s pretty much what Ross was saying yesterday.

Don't think the argument about him was skill errors, the problem people saw was decision making. In which case him choosing to kick long to a contest on the wing when there were better options available is the "error", but wouldn't be written down as one.
Yeah so with regards to those specific kicks that were long to a contest, what were his other options in those plays? Like how many times? Most of those looked like he was following coaches instructions because from watching the replays I couldn't see other alternative viable options for most of them other than to kick it to a contest and hope it goes to ground so it could be swarmed.

Has that been said anywhere? Or are people just hoping?
Been suggested by some on here.

Actually I'm not sure where else he can play tomorrow - no mids on the bench and King, Membrey, Sharman and Caminiti all playing as tall(ish) forwards.

Perhaps Ross will go with Sinclair as a full time mid. Still not enough rotations though.

It would make sense structurally.

I think what we need to be prepared for is he won't necessarily go in there and dominate straight away.
We definitely need to temper expectations if he's, or any kid, is in there. There has to be a reason we haven't been already playing him there or that he rarely trains as a mid either.

Been suggested by some on here.

Actually I'm not sure where else he can play tomorrow - no mids on the bench and King, Membrey, Sharman and Caminiti all playing as tall(ish) forwards.

Perhaps Ross will go with Sinclair as a full time mid. Still not enough rotations though.
Another option might be Sharman will play wing or one of the talls is the sub.

I could also see Sinclair being moved to the midfield if things aren't going well. With no wings at the ground, Hill playing more at half back - in replacement of Sinclair - could help him get involved too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may be.

But him earning those games in a side that will benefit himself in the long term is better then throwing him into a side with 2 other small forwards and they are all feasting in the same balls.

You end up like north with not many players contributing if we are just pumping games into the next kid off the ranks without a care for structure and build for the weekend
Im not in a position to say one way or another, and no doubt the coaching staff are way more across it than any of us are... but I just have a feeling like he will flourish if given games, and will give us some much needed added finishing class.. just a gut feel

Playing a KPP on the wing is very Ratten as well.
He looks like he’s been playing both forward and back at times this year so wouldn’t be too much of a change.

Im not in a position to say one way or another, and no doubt the coaching staff are way more across it than any of us are... but I just have a feeling like he will flourish if given games, and will give us some much needed added finishing class.. just a gut feel

I feel the same way. But narrow grounds like Norwood probably don’t give him the best opportunity to work his magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back