10 - Shai Bolton (RICH)
7 - Jack Steele (STK)
4 - Dustin Martin (RICH)
3 - Jack Sinclair (STK)
2 - Josh Battle (STK)
2 - Bradley Hill (STK)
1 - Tim Taranto (RICH)
1 - Callum Wilkie (STK)

Guessing the Richmond coach went very Richmond heavy.

Ross
5 - Bolton
4 - Steele
3 - Sinclair
2 - Hill
1 - Wilkie

Yze
5 - Bolton
4 - Martin
3 - Steele
2 - Battle
1 - Taranto

We spent a decade rebuilding out of finals and this is what we have to show for it?

Mason wood is a devastating loss to our best 22.

Mason Wood.

We are pinning our midfield hopes on Paddy Dow.

Paddy Dow

State Of The Union Republican Response GIF by PBS NewsHour

If one is unhappy for so long at so many things, I can only come to the conclusion that the unhappiness is desired whether consciously or subconsciously.

A couple of years ago I found myself regularly getting mad in an out of control way at the footy, then I decided not to. Yesterday our defence kept us in it, then in the third quarter we played all the best football in the match not directly attributable to Shai Bolton.

I'm not pinning any hopes on Paddy Dow BTW. I hope wins a Brownlow at St Kilda, but I have no expectation of him.

TL;DR: try deciding not to be unhappy about something you have no control over. And Go Saints.

Coaches Votes

10 - Shai Bolton (RICH)
7 - Jack Steele (STK)
4 - Dustin Martin (RICH)
3 - Jack Sinclair (STK)
2 - Josh Battle (STK)
2 - Bradley Hill (STK)
1 - Tim Taranto (RICH)
1 - Callum Wilkie (STK)

Guessing the Richmond coach went very Richmond heavy.

Ross
5 - Bolton
4 - Steele
3 - Sinclair
2 - Hill
1 - Wilkie

Yze
5 - Bolton
4 - Martin
3 - Steele
2 - Battle
1 - Taranto
I think you're probably right. Kudos to Ross for giving full credit to an opposition player in a losing side. Can't say the same for Yze. To award 10 of a possible 15 votes to Richmond in a game where they lost (and on most measures comprehensively outplayed for 3 quarters) is a poor reflection.

Haven’t read the thread so apologies if it’s been mentioned. I know once we get some experience back from a long injury list it will change but can we please stop using 1st/2nd gamers as the sub? Hastie been burnt 2 games in a row to come on in a tight contest late in the game and Collard the same against the cats. Both have had zero impact. They’ve tallied a total of 4 possessions from 3 games.
Are we better off not using it at all?

My 2 cents on the game.
Horrible first half. Obviously copped a bake at half time. Too much left to too few. Skill errors are costing goals. We’d have to be the highest scoring team from turnovers against?
Back to long bombs into the forward line. Geez we look good though when we can run and gun. That goal from Higgins on 3qtr time was beautiful to watch. I’ll give Darcy Wilson a free pass because it was his 4th game and i thought he played very well. But 2 times in a row within 5 mins of each other, forward entry, he kicked it straight to Nank.
We really need to work on IQ not to just plonk it in there for the sake of it.
Thought Sharmo did some nice things, Stocker was solid, Battle was unbelievable, Wilkie lifted when we needed it. Ross was solid but that’s the best we’re going to get from him. Steele tried all day but needs more help. Sinclair very good but hasn’t quite hit his elite status this year yet.
Members had a stinker, Marshall was smacked in the ruck but very solid as usual around their ground. Thought Bonner was much better this week.
The main question I have though - who the 🤬 was meant to be playing on Bolton?

If one is unhappy for so long at so many things, I can only come to the conclusion that the unhappiness is desired whether consciously or subconsciously.

A couple of years ago I found myself regularly getting mad in an out of control way at the footy, then I decided not to. Yesterday our defence kept us in it, then in the third quarter we played all the best football in the match not directly attributable to Shai Bolton.

I'm not pinning any hopes on Paddy Dow BTW. I hope wins a Brownlow at St Kilda, but I have no expectation of him.

TL;DR: try deciding not to be unhappy about something you have no control over. And Go Saints.

Thanks for the good advice- though my personal happiness is totally unaffected by the fortunes of my football team, so it's not of any use to me personally.

Having an opinion that my football teams' list sucks does not necessarily mean that this opinion is making me unhappy.

I'm glad you're dealing with it by ignorning the bad bits and focusing on the good bits (like our excellent defence)- that's certainly one way of dealing with it.

Holding a negative opinion about something, but not letting it affect your personal happiness is another way too.

I had to laugh at the irony of this post coming from you!

I prefer to think of Cairnsman and yourself as contrarians.
Name one player I have singled out to continually bag to bait other posters.

I bet you can't. I know my style of posting can be abrasive,over the years I have tried to modify it not to be so, probably unsuccessfully.
However the definition of a troll is to hit on a subject so as to cause baiting and fishing to get a reaction from posters.

He has done that about Sharman for years. Again name one player I have continually disrespected and constantly critisised just for the purpose of baiting.
I am only defending myself here as I won't fall for the trolls BS, I have him on ignore, unfortunately I see his garbage as others quote him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve noticed Sharman does a lot of ground level things that I didn’t expect from the guy I assumed to be a marking forward. I’m talking about the things like, reaching out on all fours in the heat of the jungle, taps, scrapes, shoves, reaches etc. I think RTB must like that about him. He’s not just a show pony. (We wished he’d nailed a few more of this set shots of course) I think there have been at least four over the last fortnight. But good on him for getting there and plugging away.

Name one player I have singled out to continually bag to bait other posters.

I bet you can't. I know my style of posting can be abrasive,over the years I have tried to modify it not to be so, probably unsuccessfully.
However the definition of a troll is to hit on a subject so as to cause baiting and fishing to get a reaction from posters.

He has done that about Sharman for years. Again name one player I have continually disrespected and constantly critisised just for the purpose of baiting.
I am only defending myself here as I won't fall for the trolls BS, I have him on ignore, unfortunately I see his garbage as others quote him.

Quite right - I was indeed thinking of your general posting style; specifically whenever Adelaide or Perth come up, you delight in talking about what backwaters they both are, even moreso when someone defends them. There are probably other subjects too if I cared enough to reflect.

Not trying to start anything, I don't mind it. I suppose the difference is Cairnsman delights in going against the perceived wisdom on this board, on the subject of Titanic but on other subjects too. I don't mind a little Devil's Advocate personally, but I don't agree with it.

Haven’t read the thread so apologies if it’s been mentioned. I know once we get some experience back from a long injury list it will change but can we please stop using 1st/2nd gamers as the sub? Hastie been burnt 2 games in a row to come on in a tight contest late in the game and Collard the same against the cats. Both have had zero impact. They’ve tallied a total of 4 possessions from 3 games.

My 2 cents on the game.
Horrible first half. Obviously copped a bake at half time. Too much left to too few. Skill errors are costing goals. We’d have to be the highest scoring team from turnovers against?
Back to long bombs into the forward line. Geez we look good though when we can run and gun. That goal from Higgins on 3qtr time was beautiful to watch. I’ll give Darcy Wilson a free pass because it was his 4th game and i thought he played very well. But 2 times in a row within 5 mins of each other, forward entry, he kicked it straight to Nank.
Thought Sharmo did some nice things, Stocker was solid, Battle was unbelievable, Wilkie lifted when we needed it. Ross was solid but that’s the best we’re going to get from him. Steele tried all day but needs more help. Sinclair very good but hasn’t quite hit his elite status this year yet.
Members had a stinker, Marshall was smacked in the ruck but very solid as usual around their ground. Thought Bonner was much better this week.
The main question I have though - who the 🤬 was meant to be playing on Bolton?
The sub thing has been mentioned a bit. I agree, Hastie came on with 4 minutes left. Can’t help but think Ross did not want him on at all. But, as I mentioned above, why replace a best 22 with a best 23, especially with a game in the balance in the last quarter…?

We need to get Jones match fit, he's barely seeing 50% game time atm and his ability to pressure and harass is at an all time low.

When he has the ball though he's doing something for us.
Was mentioned earlier he might have been off for a head knock assessment for a while there after copping that spoil to the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 2 cents on the game.
The main question I have though - who the was meant to be playing on Bolton?
Just on your first point I would say that actually I like this style of using rookies - reminds me of The Swans effortlessly placing new kids in the strong system, get them to get a feel for the game, get some game intelligence without depending on them to do anything special or save the game.

We expect too much of our kids at St Kilda. We expect them to save our club sometimes. Look at how we treated Billings, McCartin, Clark Gresham, the list goes on. From the moment they got in the seniors, they were expected to win games for us off their own talent. Compare that to how we're using rookies now. They're just along for the ride and there to gain experience.

Much more intelligent IMO

Quite right - I was indeed thinking of your general posting style; specifically whenever Adelaide or Perth come up, you delight in talking about what backwaters they both are, even moreso when someone defends them. There are probably other subjects too if I cared enough to reflect.
You are only upset because you are from that Franco backwater ;):D.

Well really? Defending Perth or Adelaide: you want to die on that hill? :D

Quality post :thumbsu:

Yeah agreed. I think his main challenge at the moment is that he’s not quite ready to take tackles, ride through them and give the disposal. He always looks a bit rushed when getting contested footy - one of the hardest things to do in the game. So he gives it off too quickly which is hard for his teammates and easy for opposition. He’ll get there, that needs more experience that’s all.
Agreed, It's what Trac suffered with early on his career which is either rushing or taking too long to make the handball or kick but not making the wrong decision. I have seen him on multiple occasions now at training and in games bust through congestions, so the key is to continue to do it during stoppages. The more times he does the more confident he will become patience.

What’s likely weighing on his mind is he isn’t impacting games like he thinks he should be…he’s a kid in a hurry that hasn’t learned to be patient

Would agree with this. You can almost tell he's a bit more down on himself this year. 2nd year blues hey. Pou's reaction and Windy's pointed encouragement after his long goal against Collingwood (the one where Henry did his hammy I believe) is case in point.

Yeah agreed. I think his main challenge at the moment is that he’s not quite ready to take tackles, ride through them and give the disposal. He always looks a bit rushed when getting contested footy - one of the hardest things to do in the game. So he gives it off too quickly which is hard for his teammates and easy for opposition. He’ll get there, that needs more experience that’s all.

I certainly think there is a bit of this going on as well. Really confident he'll get through it, he's still a teenager!

"regularly getting mad in an out of control way at the footy" had to LOL

Though I couldn't imagine it from the way you post!

Please guys, Pou is 19. It seems unless a players isn't a Cripps or Bont within 10 games as a teenager they are on the scrapheap.
Let the kid mature and develop without undue expectations.
How's Tsatsas, Humphrey, McKenzie, Clark and Gibney going in comparison ( used Tsatsis as that pick 5 shaped the next 5).

Would say Pou has done as well as any on that list and is younger than all of them.

As for Owens being quiet. We may have a problem where he overtrained preseason.

Because of his overtraining, he was put on laps for about 3 week. Sounds strange however I have heard of players overtraining leading to them.not being in peak playing fitness.
May have happened to chito. Caused an interruption to his preseason training loads and build up.

Over training?

My BS meter is red lining

Remove this Banner Ad

Back