Autopsy Round 4, 2024: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we should push Hammer in the direction of ruck/forward. Give him heaps of work in the ruck and on his tank, his forward craft is ok and will get better with more strength. If he can be a serious 2nd ruck - or maybe even 1st! - then he’ll be absolutely invaluable.
Don't think he has the build to consistently ruck - he'd get absolutely ragdolled. The likes of Owens and Battle are stockier and work much better as a second ruck. He's already coming from a way back in terms of conditioning, better to let him work on just his forward craft.

Don't think he has the build to consistently ruck - he'd get absolutely ragdolled. The likes of Owens and Battle are stockier and work much better as a second ruck. He's already coming from a way back in terms of conditioning, better to let him work on just his forward craft.
Jack Hayes is best equipped to handle the 2nd ruck role

Gee the Bombers board would’ve really kicked off that night

At9zOto.jpg

If one is unhappy for so long at so many things, I can only come to the conclusion that the unhappiness is desired whether consciously or subconsciously.

A couple of years ago I found myself regularly getting mad in an out of control way at the footy, then I decided not to. Yesterday our defence kept us in it, then in the third quarter we played all the best football in the match not directly attributable to Shai Bolton.

I'm not pinning any hopes on Paddy Dow BTW. I hope wins a Brownlow at St Kilda, but I have no expectation of him.

TL;DR: try deciding not to be unhappy about something you have no control over. And Go Saints.
River deep: mountain high.
River shallow: mountain low.

Owens is a truly putrid set shot in every sense. To my mind, that is a very significiant reason why we should not be deploying him in a position which will result in forward 50 marks.
Guess there’s some merit to him basing his game around Nat Fyfe then. When fyfe plays forward he takes great contested marks then sprays it

Happy for you to name the players out of form so we get an idea of who you are talking about.

Also worth mentioning that where as a few years ago those depth players would have been your Dean Kent/Matt Parker types, now they are kids with potential, which is a better position to be in. For many, many years we play games where we were the older team but the other team had more games experience, which is not where you want to be. That has flipped. The first seven weeks of the season are a <redacted> show from a fixture standpoint, but we've beaten the reigning premiers already and did so very nicely indeed.

I still think we can beat anyone on any given day. But not if we serve up what we did in the first quarter on Sunday.
Never forget that Matt Parker played for Richmond after us… ;)

Doesn't have the build - yet! He's 20.

His family owns a steakhouse FFS I would think he'll put some meat on those bones, get the G train to give him some body building tips

Doesn't have the build - yet! He's 20.

His family owns a steakhouse FFS I would think he'll put some meat on those bones, get the G train to give him some body building tips
i think he said it was his uncle that owned the steakhouse???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back