Preview Preview/changes v. Brisbane - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how schmuttt started all this, Toump Ass calls out Petty's manhood and I'm the only one to cop any sort of backlash from knight in shining armour Lord Nev

This sort of injustice makes me want to cry like Harrison Petty.
The real irony is that this board is full of Harrison Pettys, it’s literally just a revolving circus of people dishing it out and then combusting whenever they see someone else say something that they aren’t comfortable with.

The real irony is that this board is full of Harrison Pettys, it’s literally just a revolving circus of people dishing it out and then combusting whenever they see someone else say something that they aren’t comfortable with.

Na, cant imagine anyone here shedding tears , unless youre referring to yourself? :p

Club Insta posted an interesting stat. Jordon had 9 score involvements, which is 1 behind Trac and 3 more than our next best in Woey (2 or more touches in a play leading to a score). I'm no huge fan of JJ anymore, he looks too slow with the ball, but that's an interesting thing to note. Seems like he was busting his balls defensively, the eye test tells me he was playing Sparrow's role while Petracca is forward, and getting involved. If its between him and Harmes while Oliver is out, its Jordon every time.

Score involvement is a weird stat. You can break 4 tackles like Oliver hit a handball to AnB who fumbles and get nothing or torp one up the chimney, comes off hands and Pickett snaps a miracle and gets a score involvement like Jordan.

What are we doing here when a slightly above average game gets people raving about Jordan.

"hes still a few weeks away, the way hes approaching it and the way our brilliant medical team are approaching it we are going to end up with a really good result there"
A minor hammy strain to maybe come back after 10 weeks. Absolutely superb that they're doing their best not to utensil it up for a second time in a row!

Score involvement is a weird stat. You can break 4 tackles like Oliver hit a handball to AnB who fumbles and get nothing or torp one up the chimney, comes off hands and Pickett snaps a miracle and gets a score involvement like Jordan.

What are we doing here when a slightly above average game gets people raving about Jordan.
Wouldn't say anyone is raving. He doesn't have a place in the best 22 IMO, but happy to see him in over Harmes. Score involvement according to the AFL site needs two involvements in the play rather than a single one.

Wouldn't say anyone is raving. He doesn't have a place in the best 22 IMO, but happy to see him in over Harmes. Score involvement according to the AFL site needs two involvements in the play rather than a single one.
JJ would be better than most teams 20-25th player on the list tbh. I still can't believe no one came off for him in the GF. I'm still a little dirty on that. If It was Nathan Jones, someone would have faked a hammy to get him on in that last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he's just faking s**t form so JJ can get a game now too?

#goodguyHarmes
He’s doing an extremely good job of it

JJ would be better than most teams 20-25th player on the list tbh. I still can't believe no one came off for him in the GF. I'm still a little dirty on that. If It was Nathan Jones, someone would have faked a hammy to get him on in that last quarter.
Also no one needed to fake a hammy when May had a 17cm tear in his. He just didn’t want to come off the ground (even though he was basically directly responsible for Bontempelli’s first two goals)

Club Insta posted an interesting stat. Jordon had 9 score involvements, which is 1 behind Trac and 3 more than our next best in Woey (2 or more touches in a play leading to a score). I'm no huge fan of JJ anymore, he looks too slow with the ball, but that's an interesting thing to note. Seems like he was busting his balls defensively, the eye test tells me he was playing Sparrow's role while Petracca is forward, and getting involved. If its between him and Harmes while Oliver is out, its Jordon every time.
If score involvements is two or more touches before a score is a Goal Assist just a disposal right before a score?

If score involvements is two or more touches before a score is a Goal Assist just a disposal right before a score?

The explanation from Champion Data is a bit confusing:

Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on. If a player has two disposals in the same scoring chain, he is credited with one score involvement.

Official AFL Glossary

I'm not convinced by it having to be two disposals given the above and given Jordon had 19 disposals if you don't include turnovers, which would mean only 1 of his disposals for the game wasn't part of a scoring chain.

The explanation from Champion Data is a bit confusing:

Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on. If a player has two disposals in the same scoring chain, he is credited with one score involvement.

Official AFL Glossary

I'm not convinced by it having to be two disposals given the above and given Jordon had 19 disposals if you don't include turnovers, which would mean only 1 of his disposals for the game wasn't part of a scoring chain.
Snap!

I think it’s pretty straight forward.

The two disposal thing means if the player had two or more of the qualifying events in the same scoring chain, they still get credited with just one Score Involvement.

So if a ruck won the hit out, received a habdpass, did a 1-2 handpass and then receive, and then kicked the goal, they would get just one SI as it’s in the same score chain even though they multiple things.

Snap!

I think it’s pretty straight forward.

The two disposal thing means if the player had two or more of the qualifying events in the same scoring chain, they still get credited with just one Score Involvement.

So if a ruck won the hit out, received a habdpass, did a 1-2 handpass and then receive, and then kicked the goal, they would get just one SI as it’s in the same score chain even though they multiple things.

Yeah it's probably that, but it's confusing because they say "Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on."

But they define disposal as "Disposal: Legally getting rid of the ball, via a handball or kick."

It's not well defined at all.

To add to this, Trac 20 disposals - including 3 turnovers, 0 hitouts - how does he get 10 score involvements then?

Yeah it's probably that, but it's confusing because they say "Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on."

But they define disposal as "Disposal: Legally getting rid of the ball, via a handball or kick."

It's not well defined at all.

To add to this, Trac 20 disposals - including 3 turnovers, 0 hitouts - how does he get 10 score involvements then?
I think what Lampers was saying was that you only need to have one disposal per score involvement but having more than that in the same scoring chain doesn't give you another score involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back