Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching without sound (much better) so unsure if this happened myself, but if you have one umpire say it's touched and another say it isn't, surely it should be a ball-up?
I reckon controlling umpire might get the call in that situation?? Not sure what the rule is on that.

Was a pretty tough call for the umps to see on the original touch. A slight deflection off the shoulder. Sure, it WAS touched, but you have to play to the whistle.
It was called a mark and the goal was kicked. Thems the breaks. They still had a chance from there. They'd dominated clearances and were a good chance to get it out again.
We didn't make the Freo players complain well after the fact. I'm sure they were warned before the initial free was paid in the middle of the ground.
I'm sure they were warned again before the second free that resulted in the 50.
Sucky way to lose a game, but VERY undisciplined.
I agree it's undisciplined but the umpire needs to understand that there's a fair chance that it actually was touched and that's why the freo players were angry. He's not going to reverse his call obviously but allow them to blow off steam. after all, the Cottrell decision decided the match. he didn't need to put a nail in the coffin with a call like that. He should be stood down for a while I reckon.

poor little precious princess umpire heard a naughty word, it hurt his feelings. to potentially decide a game right at the end over such a minor thing, grow a pair and understand abit of context about the game and that its not about you and your fragile feelings and inflated ego
I'm inclined to agree, but players also need to learn to shut their mouths and not abuse someone just because they're annoyed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what you like about the mark but your just lost your team the game by carrying on like a pork chop when the game still has a kick in it and 40 seconds to go
Exactly. They shouldn’t have been yapping to the ump so much with the game on the line. Once it’s obvious the decision won’t be overturned despite pleading your case, then just get on with it.

You got one all but directly in front when Acres was bumped and not tackled. And the other when Kemp didn’t have the ball for about 4 seconds.

If you couldn’t get it done today you won’t get it done for a while. Won the free kick count against a side who hardly showed up. No point complaining about the umpires.
From memory, most were fair free kicks. If you get bumped and don’t dispose of it properly, it’s still dropping the ball.

Was a pretty tough call for the umps to see on the original touch. A slight deflection off the shoulder. Sure, it WAS touched, but you have to play to the whistle.
It was called a mark and the goal was kicked. Thems the breaks. They still had a chance from there. They'd dominated clearances and were a good chance to get it out again.
We didn't make the Freo players complain well after the fact. I'm sure they were warned before the initial free was paid in the middle of the ground.
I'm sure they were warned again before the second free that resulted in the 50.
Sucky way to lose a game, but VERY undisciplined.
Theres a number of assumptions in there.

Back