Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s all agree - the dissent rule is utter garbage. As for the rest, swings and roundabouts with umpiring. Wouldn’t say freo would’ve decisively won absent that call. They were looking proppy in the last quarter so the game could easily have gone either way.

You won from umpiring lol. What a pissweak team
You Got Me GIF by HULU

Poor Freo.
Marc Murphy
Jack Newnes
Matthew Cottrell.
No wonder Freo supporters hate us.

We were unquestionably outplayed all day but didn't make the most of territory and clearance dominance. Got their fair share of free kick goals - 2/3 of their goals from free kicks. However we somehow got over the line. Shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win for Carlton

They played like a crap against a pretty good opponent, but they stuck at it and pinched the 4 points

I just knew the Blues would a find a way, especially with 2 minutes left and Freo trying to block it up like there was 20 seconds remaining. They needed to clear the ball from defence. Not force ball ups in front of the Carlton goals. They invited trouble.

Hahaha. If you knew the Blues would find a way why were you lurking on the Carlton board trolling half an hour ago.

Everyone’s a genius after the game.

If Treacy or Clark (dunno which one) actually insulted the umpire, then I don’t mind that second goal.

Yeah, the umpires made a mistake by not calling it a touched ball IMO, but the dissent rule is part of our game whether we like it or not. Fremantle players should have gone on with it.

But we don’t know what they actually said to the umpire.

Saying a word that hurts an umpires inflated ego doesn't deserve another shot at Goal.

Should have been a free from the centre.
My guess, from what we've seen previously, was that it was a suggestion of cheating.

They have zero tolerance for that and its very easy to "let slip" on the field.

That would be my guess

I’ve never seen umpires directly manipulate a game to a get a result in the dying minutes like I have now twice against Carlton.

It’s more than a coincidence that these unprecedented umpire interference moments have happened now twice in games featuring the same two teams and favouring the same team each time.

If they paid dissent week in week out I’d be like - that’s fine. But I literally haven’t seen a dissent call for about a full season, so to pull one out to seal the game is just such a joke. It’s the inconsistency that kills you.

I couldn't agree more. Fair comment.

You have to be taking the piss or not right upstairs to say Freo got the rub of the green in a game that was decided by the umpires.

Re read what i wrote.

"Final decision aside..." is quite an important qualifier in that sentence. The extra free kick is either a good decision (if Aish did something monstrous) or a howler that ruined what could have been a good ending

Back