Position 2024 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s never going to wrestle the big boys but I agree he’s definitely taken the valid criticism from the Essendon game and upped the physicality.

His manager probably reminded him hes playing for the biggest contract of his life.

Its difficult bc sweet looks good and id like to get him in but im running gawn grundy naismith. IF naismith gets picked then him and sweet are both on the bubble..not sure if i want to do a sideways trade and i dont want to jump off grundy yet.
Ahhhh .....I just knew there would be coaches with this predicament ......having just brought Naismith in, will be such a waste of a trade .....but probably necessary, if you feel Naismith won't get another game in the short term

Its difficult bc sweet looks good and id like to get him in but im running gawn grundy naismith. IF naismith gets picked then him and sweet are both on the bubble..not sure if i want to do a sideways trade and i dont want to jump off grundy yet.
At this stage Sweet has much more cash gen potential so I'd be doing a rookie correction Naismith to Sweet. Keep Grundy

Ahhhh .....I just knew there would be coaches with this predicament ......having just brought Naismith in, will be such a waste of a trade .....but probably necessary, if you feel Naismith won't get another game in the short term

No ive had naismith since pre season didnt bring him in this week. I was hoping hed play all 6 games then id be downgrading him now but alas.

Its a hard one bc sweet has the better role than naismith (yze please rest nank) so will score much better but he has no JS beyond the next month. So if i do it now at ports bye i will have to get sweet out and probably roughie naismith back in (if hes still cheap then) or some other cheap ruck.
If jackson is doing ok i could just bring sweet in now and then off him for livingstone in 5 weeks (gives me cover via jackson) but the way jackson is playing lately i might have to trade him too (not this week).

If i could trade jackson for sweet i would but j cant culling naismith is the only way which will be weird if naismith gets picked this week.

No ive had naismith since pre season didnt bring him in this week. I was hoping hed play all 6 games then id be downgrading him now but alas.

Its a hard one bc sweet has the better role than naismith (yze please rest nank) so will score much better but he has no JS beyond the next month. So if i do it now at ports bye i will have to get sweet out and probably roughie naismith back in (if hes still cheap then) or some other cheap ruck.
If jackson is doing ok i could just bring sweet in now and then off him for livingstone in 5 weeks (gives me cover via jackson) but the way jackson is playing lately i might have to trade him too (not this week).

If i could trade jackson for sweet i would but j cant culling naismith is the only way which will be weird if naismith gets picked this week.
Sweet will also give you the RUCK coverage over your R1 & R2 Byes .....I have the Gawn / English Combo ....ideally Sweet still has his role in R15 .....TWT there, and his cash would be handy earlier ....so some tough decisions to be had on that front

Yepp, its a tough decision.
I had Naismith and Moyle as the two most likely to be jumping on at R3, but obviously Moyle seemed a waste of funds at 193K start. BUT if Witts went down i might jump onboard. As soon as Witts missed in Rnd 2 Moyle scored 90. Similarly if Nank fell Naismith would be fantastic value at the price.
BUT, as it turns out Sweet is the one. Its possible R3 could turn up two solid cash grabs this year and many will end up trading Naismith back in later.
R3 changed overnight. This time last week i was a bit envious of Naismith owners. Now i need to roll with the changes and grab Sweet.
To complicate it further Grundy has a low BE and looks set for 600K and a very easy swap out for English if that is preferable.
Leave it till next week i reckon adn enjoy the weekend. All i know is i'll be trading in Sweet coz i think its been almost forced on us.

Is there any chance Sweet remains (either as first or second ruck) when Soldo is fit? Nelso DaTBird187 jdeezy

We've never really been a two-ruck team with Hinkley.

But he is a tactical genius known for innovation, so who knows.

Any other Marshall owners thinking of trading him to Sweet?
Bank $400k and upgrade a rookie elsewhere. At least sweet should average more than most rookies anyway.
Depends on Marshall's injury tbh. If he's out for a while it might be a play, but if it's short term I'll probably just use Sweet as cover.

I'll probably hold Roma and keep upgrading around him even if he misses next week.

Any other Marshall owners thinking of trading him to Sweet?
Bank $400k and upgrade a rookie elsewhere. At least sweet should average more than most rookies anyway.
I don't have Marshall but it could be a good move if he's OUT or carrying an injury

Is there any chance Sweet remains (either as first or second ruck) when Soldo is fit? Nelso DaTBird187 jdeezy
We did try two rucks the week before but it didn't work particularly well and I'd say it was more to do with Finlayson / Dixon being out and us needing someone to give Soldo a chop out. I would think that Sweet only stays in as long as he is first ruck but who knows if we bring in Soldo via the Magpies first.

At a bare minimum he should get a few weeks and make a fair bit of a cash, I think he's worth getting and flipping

Sweet will also give you the RUCK coverage over your R1 & R2 Byes .....I have the Gawn / English Combo ....ideally Sweet still has his role in R15 .....TWT there, and his cash would be handy earlier ....so some tough decisions to be had on that front

Thats a very good point re byes. Although i think soldo will be back by rnd 15 and no way they play both rucks every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back