Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm struggling mainly with the timing of the cash grab using Grundy. What is the cutoff score to do the Jackson/Livingstone flick at R2 each week ?

The big timing issue for me with setting up that Jackson/Sweet/Livingstone loop THIS week is that Grundy is going back to SCG where he seems to score very very well, and has a BE of just 76 and a myriad of options. {Possibly a Grundy > English trade next week for $0 if i still have the shits with him). Upshot is little to no downside risk.
Also if Grundy goes 125 this week would/should he even be on the chopping block at all ???
Even if Sweetie kills it again (as my R3 this week), its unlikely he would have scored much more than my R2 (Grundy) anyway.

Its an easy week....the only urgency i see is simply to pick up Sweet on the bubble. The same loop is available next week for Grundy/Jackson owners, and any midfield upgrades from the big cash grab will still be there for the taking...likely have more $ doing it next week.

Marshall at R2 i can understand, coz he may have picked up a niggle. But Grundy ?...coz of an 83 and a shocking 2nd qtr that pissed us off ? Not enough for me to offload...rather flog an actual problem i can see.

Right now i;m thinking

Powell > Sweet or Steele > Sweet
Cadman > Laird

Next week MAYBE Grundy > Rook.

After a month of s**t from Jackson, at least he's now proving useful.

yes Yes, TLDR
Wouldnt have needed to if that bastard Scoops didnt accuse me of being on the take :p:p
You can't just ignore Grundy's good score or his 139 in Rd 0 imo. The counter argument is Grundy is averaging 132 at the smaller SCG and is playing the easiest ruck in the comp to score against based on averages this yr.

I don't see Grundy as a keeper and do see value in Sweet as a possible R2, but Grundy seems to have a good matchup this week

Last edited:
That's a bit selective with ur stats imo. You can't just ignore Grundy's good score or his 139 in Rd 0. I could go the other way and say Grundy is averaging 132 at the smaller SCG and is playing the easiest ruck in the comp to score against based on averages this yr.

I don't see Grundy as a keeper and do see value in Sweet as a possible R2, but Grundy seems to have a good matchup this week
Think I’ll just go Grundy to English next week.

Grundy has had 2 decent scores this year both after not playing the week before. R0 and post his bye.
It could be just a coincidence. But I think not he's scored average against some poor ruck opposition.
Not sure if it's a fitness thing or what's causing it tbh. Just an interesting pattern
You're diving too deep into it.
The simple reality is this

At SCG...139, 99, 158

People scour the stats to see who to play as their VC/C. They scour for potential matchups or how certain guys go at particular grounds.
This is no different.
He's a #1 ruck at a top 4 mob and rucking alone. Unless i see a reason to offload him i wont. I can see an argument to trade to English, but thats all...and likely to be even cheaper to do it next week.

At the SCG v Briggs. Why would i offload that THIS week ??....with a BE of 76 and the trade to English now only 35K apart ?

I dont hold grudges. He had a shocker 2nd qtr. English had a game he went completely missing.

You can't just ignore Grundy's good score or his 139 in Rd 0 imo. I could go the other way and say Grundy is averaging 132 at the smaller SCG and is playing the easiest ruck in the comp to score against based on averages this yr.

Pretty much, yepp :thumbsu:

Couldnt disagree any more with all of that.
You are working on speculation...and u needed to remove actual scores to justify it.
I'll remove a couple of Tom Greens scores and check out his average shall i ? Maybe i should remove English and Marshall's pathetic 50's so i can make them seem a better target.
I dont work on speculation or guesswork like u seem to do....but you;re welcome to ignore an injured Steele and believe he has a higher ceiling than a fit number 1 ruck.
It's not one random score or speculation, it's his one clear outlier. English' one clear outlier is his score of 50, his lowest score, not his highest. It's a game of statistics and averages. Take out the highest and lowest score and you get a far better idea on what to expect week by week, nothing speculative about it. And maybe spend less time getting so defensive about Supercoach and more time working on your grammar.

Cadman to Meek is already done.
I was going to go Sharp to Rogers and Williams to Dawson, but I might just trade out Steele instead.
40 trades means we can afford a few sideways moves.
Just worried going to Dawson might be a bit risky and I should get a reliable player instead if I go sideways?
You are trading Meek in?

Couldnt disagree any more with all of that.
You are working on speculation...and u needed to remove actual scores to justify it.
I'll remove a couple of Tom Greens scores and check out his average shall i ? Maybe i should remove English and Marshall's pathetic 50's so i can make them seem a better target.
I dont work on speculation or guesswork like u seem to do....but you;re welcome to ignore an injured Steele and believe he has a higher ceiling than a fit number 1 ruck.
Sometimes i think people forget what average actual means lol

Cadman to Meek is already done.
I was going to go Sharp to Rogers and Williams to Dawson, but I might just trade out Steele instead.
40 trades means we can afford a few sideways moves.
Just worried going to Dawson might be a bit risky and I should get a reliable player instead if I go sideways?
Do not trade Meek in....he was worth it sub 400k now he aint worth the trade my dude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are we doing if Steele doesn't play ?

Walk Away Harley Quinn GIF by Max

First trade locked in kenties

Meek > Sweet

With my second trade what would you do?

A) Cadman > Garcia (Dogs) which puts the kitty up to $600k

B) Cadman > Fyfe which puts the kitty up to $300k and I do my first roughy for the lols.

Forward line looks better with Fyfe in it but I do like the $600k kitty too.

View attachment 1974849

Cadman to Sweet, Dempsey to anyone $580k or cheaper.

In two minds with trades this week. Initially Dempsey to Sweet/Powell to Dawson was the play…

With the lack of forwards I’m thinking to hold Powell rather than fielding (and potential outs for Norf) and thinking Cadman to Sweet and bank $140k for next week but miss out on Dawson.

Grundy to Merrett is also still in play if Sweet was to launch a 120+ game tonight…

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Initially pulled the trigger on Rozee on the back of the injury, thought there was no way Port would risk him on a low string strain.

turns out I was wrong.

So my initial trades were:

OUT: Rozee, Powell, Naismith
IN: Serong, Garcia (WBD), Sweet.

In light of the Rozee injury being seemingly ok, I revised that part of the trade and ended up doing:

OUT: Hewett, Powell, Naismith
IN: Serong, Garcia (WBD), Sweet.

Thinking next week I can turn Dempsey + Comben into Whitfield and a rookie is the hope.

Was first off the track, and hardly any skills work or kicking
Steele - not the best he's ever looked but moved better as the session went on. Was very vocal in the drills, giving Phillipou constant feedback. Whatever is bothering him won't stop him from playing.

Considering either:

Out: Cadman, Williams, Sanders
In: Green, Sweet, Rogers

OR
Out: Cadman, Williams, Carroll
In: Dawson, Sweet, RGarcia

Leaning towards the former but Carroll has become such a waste of space.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back