Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine missing Sharp, the best rookie of the year as a cash cow, because Mass, Powell and McKercher were must haves

GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

In fairness to you (and me, who did the same), Massimo was really needed with backline rookie carnage (donut prevention) and has averaged 80+ (87 b4 his subbing last week) with most others either DNP'ing or averaging 50 and has still made $120K with a low enough BE to get cash gen flowing again.

Powell has also averaged 90+ and also made $120K, whilst looking a forward keeper in a line with a dearth of consistent or premium scorers.

McKercher was the one that hurt, with both of us "fading" (don't Alf me :)) a very popular choice at the start for some pretty sound reasoning that we questioned when he got "the role" early on.

Even then, Sharp has only scored a 'best 18' score once, when most had him on the bench anyway. Obviously, cash gen is king though and the $$ will be great for owners but it's not one of the all time 'rookie miss' howlers of the past.

(Those who traded out Harley Reid though...... :p just kidding)

In fairness to you (and me, who did the same), Massimo was really needed with backline rookie carnage (donut prevention) and has averaged 80+ (87 b4 his subbing last week) with most others either DNP'ing or averaging 50 and has still made $120K with a low enough BE to get cash gen flowing again.

Powell has also averaged 90+ and also made $120K, whilst looking a forward keeper in a line with a dearth of consistent or premium scorers.

McKercher was the one that hurt, with both of us "fading" (don't Alf me :)) a very popular choice at the start for some pretty sound reasoning that we questioned when he got "the role" early on.

Even then, Sharp has only scored a 'best 18' score once, when most had him on the bench anyway. Obviously, cash gen is king though and the $$ will be great for owners but it's not one of the all time 'rookie miss' howlers of the past.

It's a lesson for next season.

A rookie priced, 5th year player, with great JS and a reasonable scoring history is a better option than a first year player.

This means my opponent gets Howes score, which was stuck on his bench and I get Drapers. F$%k this game!

Sometimes you get lucky .
Sometimes you get kicked in the nuts .
Brutal game .

At least you got some cover .

Probs trade Massimo now and keep Williams. At least if he starts as the sub, I can bench him for Draper.
I trading Zilliams instead so I can take Howes score

GWS are fully stocked. After Preuss injured his hammy running onto the field (LOL) Nick Madden, a cat B rookie academy selection, had 31 disposals as their ruck. He's not 20 YO yet. 14 kicks, 17 handballs, 8 marks, 7 tackles and 33 hitouts. Now that's a stat line.

Sadly, Brayden George suffered a shoulder injury in the same game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind betting O'connor runs with Walsh this week to try and curtail him. Based on his first two weeks, though, it's pretty much now or never with a BE of only 33.
At his price with his ceiling it’s a no brainer.
Can he stay on the park and will he be managed are the questions.
I paid up for Heeney last week, so I need some bargains.
35 minutes to decide.

At his price with his ceiling it’s a no brainer.
Can he stay on the park and will he be managed are the questions.
I paid up for Heeney last week, so I need some bargains.
35 minutes to decide.
Back th very good options .

If you buy into what Kent's say .
Houston top 3 in his section .

Walsh no chance even missing games .

Walsh looked great last 2 weeks .
Very small sample size in SC ...

Back ya guts in .

Scores before you get them in don’t count.

Massimo avg 71
Powell avg 84
Sharp avg 79.5 and +200k

Remove this Banner Ad

Back