Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not gonna bother with Sweet.

I need to go 1 down (Garcia) and 1 up next week as I want to get Macrae in if he does well again.

There's plenty of rookies on the horizon that are cheaper, don't need Sweet.
Sweet will make the most money though playing first ruck.

My R2 is Meek. LOL!

Think that would be too risky of a move for me.
Who is your R3, and do you have Jackson? Is it really that risky of a move?

I'm doing Sweet this week because next week I could double up with Macrae and Dawson, so only have the one downgrade option. A playing rookie ruck as the primary ruck is a must have.

Is anybody else considering holding Sharp all season as coverage? Seems to have great job security and is good for 60-70 most weeks.

I’m hesitant to trade him but he’s made so much coin, been a brilliant rook.
Nope, can get 60s and 70s out of players who are 200k cheaper – perfect time to upgrade him, IMO. He's done his job.

Is anybody else considering holding Sharp all season as coverage? Seems to have great job security and is good for 60-70 most weeks.

I have a glut of "covers" atm. D'Ambrosio, Roberts, Bonner, Sharp, Reid, Dumpsey that I could see as season holders.

Sharp, Roberts, Bonner and Mass all seem like they could pump a huge ton out at any point. I guess whoever does not perform will end up getting the knife, but Sharp and Roberts could be worth season holds, or at least last to go

Who?

Who is 120k with job security averaging 60-70?
There are always rookies who come along. Plus, if it's bench coverage, you can also loop.

You're telling me you'd rather waste the cash a guy has made to hold him all year so that he can give you a ~60 to cover for a premo one week?

There are always rookies who come along. Plus, if it's bench coverage, you can also loop.

You're telling me you'd rather waste the cash a guy has made to hold him all year so that he can give you a ~60 to cover for a premo one week?
Sharp isn't an urgent trade, but I'll upgrade him to Green next week unless he has a big score this weekend.

SC 101 is downgrade your bench rookies to upgrade your on field rookies. So if he is your lowest scoring on field rookie it's time for him to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so. Looks good and hasn't done much wrong.

Hoping he goes alongside Taylor and can free up a bit
Giants are not going to play Aleer, Taylor, Buckley and Himmelberg in the same team.

Aleer will be the one to get dropped once Taylor returns.

Brilliant how?

He's had 1 score over 72

He's just an average rookie who had one spike game.
If he scores 70 or less this week it's chopping block time

Brilliant how?

He's had 1 score over 72

He's just an average rookie who had one spike game.
If he scores 70 or less this week it's chopping block time
Brilliant as in he's made over 200K, only Roberts has made more in my team so I'm very happy with that.

But I get your point though, he's done his job. I'm leaning towards moving him on now, appreciate everyone's input :thumbsu:

Massive pass on the eye test. Total gun. Main issues are giants are full of good small forwards and his role doesn't score high
Green.
Cogs .
Taylor .
Back in prob next week.

GWS smalls .
Daniels was sub didn't get on.
Bedford .
Thomas .
Now DR Jones .

Interesting how it pans out.

If anyone is worried about the (short term) job security of Jordan Sweet, just look at his initials :cool:
Sale Bidding GIF by David

Green.
Cogs .
Taylor .
Back in prob next week.

GWS smalls .
Daniels was sub didn't get on.
Bedford .
Thomas .
Now DR Jones .

Interesting how it pans out.
Bedford was poo last night. Would be on shaky ground. A half decent run with injuries and GWS will be hard to beat at the pointy end. They look strong across every line.

Bedford was poo last night. Would be on shaky ground. A half decent run with injuries and GWS will be hard to beat at the pointy end. They look strong across every line.
They aren't dropping Bedford – one of the best pressure players in the comp, and super important to what they do.

It happens alot .

AVG player moves club .
All seems to do well first year at new club .

2rd or 3rd year the hype and vibe is worn off .

But tough role to play pressure fwd not lots of opportunities.

Butler and Dollhouse before him .
Doll first year at cats was very good .

They pushed Bedford more into the middle so Thomas and Jones could get more small forward time. Not his fault really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back