Review Autopsy Thread - Hawks vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Thrash out the game here.

whack-a-mole.jpg

Cast your votes for the players here. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18053681#post18053681

You might win our grand prize of a packet of Cup-a-Soup.

Damn straight shepp, very very good signs - Roughie, Buddy, Hodgey and Junior are all on fire.

Can't wait to play the scum.

Bloody fantastic!

Great to see the boys run it out in the last quarter and work on the percentage rather than simply settling for the 4pts. We finally have a percentage of over 100 (100.64%) and 5 on the trot.

And even better - our win:loss ratio is level! Incredible after a 1-6 start.

Carn the mighty fighting hawks!

P.S Brilliant to see Roughy do a bit of chasing and looking genuinely excited after kicking a few goals. Good on him.

Damn straight shepp, very very good signs - Roughie, Buddy, Hodgey and Junior are all on fire.

Can't wait to play the scum.
I'll bet the scum aren't saying that!!! lol
But Buddy has to learn to hand ball better than he did today. I think he missed all of them!!! Our percentage is actually 101.6...Great to be over 100%. A great win Hawkers, so proud of you all!!:D1

I think its getting about time some people who have been outspoken in their criticism of Thomas Murphy come clean and at least acknowledge he has played some really good football (no doubt they will remain in the shadows until he plays a bad game)

The defence is starting to gel, the midfield is also getting better and we are definitely a six goal better team with Franklin on the ground.

If we can get back Hooper and Gibson after the break we are going to have some kind of team with a bit more depth (you can add Young to the best 22 and Shiels is in the mix) we have just about all positions covered

Roll on second half of the year

PS - Can you believe there were Hawthorn supporters out there who thought it would be a GOOD thing for the club if we LOST to Richmond - I note you guys are particularly quiet at the minute

I missed the game, but by looking at the stats it looks like someone did jobs on their dangermen - Thompson, Porplyzia and Johncock.

Who was on them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percentage now 101.64, which is a 22 point buffer over North, who are in 9th. Beating the Scum will be very important to really consolidate our spot in the 8, idealy we'd be a game clear going into the difficult month after the week off.

How good would it be to see Hodge win the Brownlow. Surely he has to be one of the favourites if not THE now. A more deserving player there would not ever be.

I missed the game, but by looking at the stats it looks like someone did jobs on their dangermen - Thompson, Porplyzia and Johncock.

Who was on them?

Well Thompson went off at half time, the Porpoise was kept quiet by Guerra at stages (someone else as well but not sure because Porp hardly touched it) and Johncock was blanketed by Ladson, and also Muston at stages according to Fox Sports.

In regards to the match, haven't felt this happy in a while. The wins have been good, but only good. This match (especially the last quarter) was just a fantastic team performance, everyone seemed to contribute at one stage or another. Hodge is unbelievably good and close to the best player in the comp at the current time, Mitchell stepped up when he needed to and Rioli was fantastic. Much more consistent which was great to see!

Add in Sewell, Buddy and even Roughy who played well today. It was almost tear-inducing for me to see him celebrate after he kicked his third, he genuinely looked happy. Still needs some work on set shots but his snaps are immaculate.

I'm still missing a lot; you could name most of the team on the Best list. Backline looked a lot more relaxed, even though Tips had Gilham covered.

Fantastic win, can't wait to play the Bombers next week. I'm guessing we'll come out hard to rectify the insipid challenge we handed up against them last time.

I have to give a thumbs up to Muston, I thought he did a really great tagging job today, wasnt expecting much from him but he did great in my eyes...

The whole team's tackling pressure was very good, and I feel we won this game from the midfield/cut Adelaide's forward line supply...

Good Job hawthorn

Great team performance - our 2nd tier players were really good all game and consitent while our stars all did their part.
One thing is clear - rioli is back. He may not quite have his agility to 100% but his straight line speed is nothing short of extraordinary.

Only negative comment was that gilham got absolutely creamed by tippett. Couldn't make a marking contest nor keep up with him on the lead. A concern given now geelong has three big fwds.

I think its getting about time some people who have been outspoken in their criticism of Thomas Murphy come clean and at least acknowledge he has played some really good football (no doubt they will remain in the shadows until he plays a bad game)

The defence is starting to gel, the midfield is also getting better and we are definitely a six goal better team with Franklin on the ground.

If we can get back Hooper and Gibson after the break we are going to have some kind of team with a bit more depth (you can add Young to the best 22 and Shiels is in the mix) we have just about all positions covered

Roll on second half of the year

PS - Can you believe there were Hawthorn supporters out there who thought it would be a GOOD thing for the club if we LOST to Richmond - I note you guys are particularly quiet at the minute

Now I haven't been the biggest Murphy fan in the past, but I do concede he is playing exceptionally well at the moment and is living up to my early expectations of him. Having said that I'm pretty sure he'll get the chop when Gibbo returns as he is still the player most likely to freeze and cost us at a big moment in an important game later in the season.

Was a great game to be at, but one thing to note, when the team came off, I noticed gilham had ice on his thigh and was hobbling... hopefully just a corky.

Ahhh but the electricity in the air when Hodgey and Burger and Mitch were streaming out of the centre in the final quarter was awesome.

GREAT GAME HAWTHORN!

Great team performance - our 2nd tier players were really good all game and consitent while our stars all did their part.
One thing is clear - rioli is back. He may not quite have his agility to 100% but his straight line speed is nothing short of extraordinary.

Only negative comment was that gilham got absolutely creamed by tippett. Couldn't make a marking contest nor keep up with him on the lead. A concern given now geelong has three big fwds.

Was always going to be the case. Gilham definitely did some nice things but we get smoked when the ball comes in high to the top of the goals square.

Not just Gilham's fault mind you - we either all go for the ball & leave a crummer; or nobody goes for the ball & someone marks uncontested...

Got to keep it in perspective though - heaps better than we were 6 weeks ago & will be better still in 6 weeks time.

No injuries, No reports, No last quarter fadeout, AND

WE won the free kick count!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back