Game Day Round 3, 2024 : Hawks Vs. Cats Easter Monday edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter Monday has a history of producing even contests with wild swings of momentum, no matter the team's respective ladder positions. Here's to our Hawks performing at peak potential, and dishing it out to Mission Accomplished and what looks like another well drilled Pussies team

In keeping with the religious theme of the weekend, here's a non-denominational Easter Monday Hawthorn prayer:

Dear Spirit in the Sky,

Let us not bomb it long to intercepting talls, give Badger the wrath of Brian that he may unleash upon the evil Porkins, without interference from game changing umpire's calls ... bless our kids and mids so they might gel in defiance of all form, and make them arbiters of the contest; brown and gold angels rising above its storm. Steady the boots of our forwards to spilt the middle of goals, and give Chol knees of Kennet curse vengeance, to punish the hoops and big footy trolls. Instill glory and power in the Wizard, bring back the real Duke, and deliver us the most holiest of victories, to choke the media hounds with the glory of another Hawthorn, Easter Monday rebuke.

Go Hawks, it's time to Rise!

toomanysquibs posted this, but as moderators cannot be put on ignore ownership of the post has been change. This isn’t suggesting you would/should have TMS on ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easter Monday has a history of producing even contests
Last year's encounter was good for the first half... Dunno WTF happened in the second though, coughing up 15 goals to 1 after half time and 10 goals to zilch in the 3rd particularly :sickv1: Hopefully the weather will prevent a repeat of that reoccurring! Would be lovely to put an end to their unbeaten start to the season.

Last year's encounter was good for the first half... Dunno WTF happened in the second though, coughing up 15 goals to 1 after half time and 10 goals to zilch in the 3rd particularly :sickv1: Hopefully the weather will prevent a repeat of that reoccurring! Would be lovely to put an end to their unbeaten start to the season.

It was pretty bleak. I'm all about optimism for this current group, we don't know where the chips are going to fall, but there are signs that we have some special players and enough good foot soldiers to do some damage once the maturity is there.

Plenty in the wings too. The issue is the talent is so raw at the moment.

If they get it together today, they can still win. We haven't been close to our best so far this year.

Last edited:
Feel like we are real chance today given their outs and that Sicily,Newcombe, Lewis and a few others haven’t fired a shot so far this season.
If it’s close into the last hopefully our young legs get us over the line and we don’t just kick it to Stewart all afternoon.

Hawks by 4 points

Easter Monday has a history of producing even contests with wild swings of momentum, no matter the team's respective ladder positions. Here's to our Hawks performing at peak potential, and dishing it out to Mission Accomplished and what looks like another well drilled Pussies team

In keeping with the religious theme of the weekend, here's a non-denominational Easter Monday Hawthorn prayer:

Dear Spirit in the Sky,

Let us not bomb it long to intercepting talls, give Badger the wrath of Brian that he may unleash upon the evil Porkins, without interference from game changing umpire's calls ... bless our kids and mids so they might gel in defiance of all form, and make them arbiters of the contest; brown and gold angels rising above its storm. Steady the boots of our forwards to spilt the middle of goals, and give Chol knees of Kennet curse vengeance, to punish the hoops and big footy trolls. Instill glory and power in the Wizard, bring back the real Duke, and deliver us the most holiest of victories, to choke the media hounds with the glory of another Hawthorn, Easter Monday rebuke.

Go Hawks, it's time to Rise
!
Amen,

HAWKS BY PLENTY AS BIG MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE TURF

Amen,

HAWKS BY PLENTY AS BIG MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE TURF
tim curry no GIF

Brilliant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying HH is exactly like Will Day but he is quite smooth and graceful dare I say it and we may need a bit of that in the midfield with Day gone.

BUT, this kind of talent only rises when you have others in the team doing a bit of hurty pressure - ie Nash and Newc. Cam McK also can do his thing well with this support.

I don’t mind losing today but want to see mids compete better as well as a better connection with forwards. We just haven’t had the grit that we had for the later parts of last year.

Come on Hawks. Let’s see some heart today

All changes will provide something in comparison to previous weeks, some clean class with Hustwaite which is much needed, and some vigour around the ball with Meek. Morrison as a sub could provide good versatility and cool head late in the game.

I'm really hoping for some better defending from our centre square. If we can prevent the easy oppo clearance we go a long way to breaking even, or winning.

On an individual player level I'm very interested to see how Meek does today.

He's got probably the biggest game of his career coming up. Reeves has been dropped and if he can put together even a half decent performance he can make a decent stake at being number 1 Ruck for an AFL team for the rest of 2024.

He's not coming up against a Gawn or English so the stars have aligned for the big fella to play the game of his life.

If we can beat them in the middle then it will just be a matter of taking our chances in front of goal.

Hopefully there is some fire in the belly and desire to get the Cats back for the embarrassing loss they inflicted last year.

For me like most of you i’am assuming, I just want to see the simple things done correctly.

Our midfield needs to pull its finger out, and apply some defensive pressure when their mids get on top, instead of just standing around looking lost.

We also need to back ourselves in, and be more confident. Our forward 50 entries need to be better, and most of all, I just wanna see us play with a bit of flair and confidence and just have a real crack.. look at Richmond yesterday. I feel we’re a real confidence team.
And lastly.. for me a non negotiable. Go ******* hard at the ball.

Cats managing Stanley and Tuohy suggests they don’t think much of us.
It’s a complete lack of respect. This is round 3, not the lead up to finals.

We should be able to defeat that midfield. Not doing so would be further evidence of regression.

Cameron and Hawkins will cause problems so hoping the rain comes in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back