Autopsy Round 7 2024 - GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Thursday 25 April, 7.30 pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

After the bad start to the quarter, Brisbane only outscored us by 3.

Fought back and gained the momentum.

Excellent.

Ward has got Lachie Neale off his game which is a bonus.

Cadman has to work some patterns / zig zag / fake to one side - get Andrews moving about.

He also needs to lead into space.

At the moment, the kicks into F50 seem too long and predictable giving Andrews the opportunity to close the gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think we will leave out one of Riccardi, Brown, Cadman. If so, which one.

Cadman. I think Cadman comes out. Jones has to stay in. Almost guaranteed rising star in his first game

We have enough forwards. Cadman needs game time to grow, but I think Jones gives us more upside right now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cadman. I think Cadman comes out. Jones has to stay in. Almost guaranteed rising star in his first game

We have enough forwards. Cadman needs game time to grow, but I think Jones gives us more upside right now

I’m not sure Cadman learns anything in the VFL though. I’m not saying he’s too good for that level, but we’re seeing enough improvements in his game to keep him in the seniors. He still fades out of games for too long, but he’s improving all facets of his game.

We're doing much better overall in the midfield - Briggs is doing much better with the hitouts, but what's the story with Centre Clearances?

Currently 5-11.

I’m not sure Cadman learns anything in the VFL though. I’m not saying he’s too good for that level, but we’re seeing enough improvements in his game to keep him in the seniors. He still fades out of games for too long, but he’s improving all facets of his game.

Agree. This is a tough one. How do we keep them both in then ? Who comes out. I would hate Darcy to not have a crack in the Sydney Derby

Agree. This is a tough one. How do we keep them both in then ? Who comes out. I would hate Darcy to not have a crack in the Sydney Derby

Controversial one but Bedford. To me he’s doing less than Thomas and, incredibly small sample size, but Jones on this display. But given they’re both youngsters I expect them to fade and Bedford to return at some stage.

Do you think we will leave out one of Riccardi, Brown, Cadman. If so, which one.
Structurally, I don’t think it’s as simple as that. You rarely if ever see all four of Briggs, Hogan, Riccardi and Cadman on the field at the same time. If Briggs has a rest one of Cadman or Riccardi chops out in the ruck and we still have the other two talls up forward (plus Brown).

Whitfield did that a lot last year trying to side step the player on the mark and was frequently caught holding the ball.

He can't sidestep at all well from a standing start or close to stationary.

Needs to stop it.

I’ve liked his season and even his game tonight, but Wehr is very one sided. And he needs to be playing left wing to benefit his angles. But I’m aware there’s also Callaghan and even Kelly occasionally to fit on the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back