Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a lot of trades going through r2 because Jackson is a stopgap and will have to go by round 7 i'd say. Think the rest of your team will suffer and others will be doing proper rookie and midpricer off the field upgrades while you throw 3 trades through r2.

I don't mind Comben as a pick, but if you're that keen I think there would be better ways to get to him.

Makes no difference where Jackson is located - whether it be at R2 or F2. I started with him, so if he is upgraded it’s 1 trade not 2 (not in and out).

Again, all of my cashcows still have $$ to make, meanwhile Grundy - who I intended to make use of trading at some point - is on his bye and most importantly doesn't have much more cash to make.

If I can make use of him by downgrading him on a week where he's on his bye and 0 chance of making $$ or contributing points onfield, why not make use of him by flicking him for a rookie that could make $70k in this week alone and long term $$? Keep in mind this is a Best 18 week also.

Other option is going Grundy to Steele and banking more points, but means picking up the rookie a week later at an inflated price point.

Last edited:

You’re putting way too much faith in Nicks to give him that amount again haha. But in saying that Crows did look better with him in the middle
I'm probably just getting excited as I'll either be going double down, going bit early on Zilliams or need a guy in the 600's to go up from Jordon lol

I'm probably just getting excited as I'll either be going double down, going bit early on Zilliams or need a guy in the 600's to go up from Jordon lol
Well next week ill need a low to mid $600k defender to replace Howes so I’ll be keeping an eye on those options this week.

Could you not go down with Howes? Is he a bench player for you?
He is this week as I’m looping him, but if I do downgrade him rather than upgrade next week I’d be fielding a Cloehsy type at D6 for the next little bit. (if Howes flops tonight Cloe will be fielded) However it could be a stopgap before the DPPs come in and I can slide Martin and Roberts back

Plus I’ll have Campbell to downgrade next week too and I’m not sure if going double down could be the correct call. Taking a warchest into DPP additions could be helpful in filling in those vacant midfield spots

He is this week as I’m looping him, but if I do downgrade him rather than upgrade next week I’d be fielding a Cloehsy type at D6 for the next little bit. However it could be a stopgap before the DPPs come in and I can slide Martin and Roberts back

Plus I’ll have Campbell to downgrade next week too and I’m not sure if going double down could be the correct call. Taking a warchest into DPP additions could be helpful in filling in those vacant midfield spots
Clohesy should be fine to field this week and next and then DPP can shove him to the bench if its not working. Sharp is on my mid bench so I can push 1 guy back and field him no issues.

Clohesy should be fine to field this week and next and then DPP can shove him to the bench if its not working. Sharp is on my mid bench so I can push 1 guy back and field him no issues.
Good point.

If I do take a warchest I can punt Zilliams when DPP is in and then take hopefully a fallen mid premo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my exact plan as long as we get another rook with Graham next week and push a 2nd defender/mid to replace Zilliams.
If there was a double downgrade for me would be

Howes to Graham
Campbell to McAullife via DPP (bye next week i know but unless no one else pop ups might bring him in ahead of time should he do well this week)

And fallen/cheo mid premo wise were spoilt for choice

Cogs, TT, Chad, Luggage, Libba, Neale etc

If there was a double downgrade for me would be

Howes to Graham
Campbell to McAullife via DPP (bye next week i know but unless no one else pop ups might bring him in ahead of time should he do well this week)

And fallen/cheo mid premo wise were spoilt for choice

Cogs, TT, Chad, Luggage, Libba, Neale etc
McAuliffe will be fine to do if he plays this week. Limped off pretty badly end of last week is the concern.

That's my exact plan as long as we get another rook with Graham next week and push a 2nd defender/mid to replace Zilliams.
Did you take Comben this week? He'll more than likely come in for me next week, should leave just the 1 forward rookie on field after these byes

Did you take Comben this week? He'll more than likely come in for me next week, should leave just the 1 forward rookie on field after these byes
Nah thought about it but I have so many on bye I needed to upgrade to Flanders for points. Worried he might be a bit pricey next week. If he goes massive again might be hard to pass though.

Nah thought about it but I have so many on bye I needed to upgrade to Flanders for points. Worried he might be a bit pricey next week. If he goes massive again might be hard to pass though.
BE -3 this week, an 80 will push him to $450k which to me is still affordable, especially if he scores well again. It'll be handy getting another look even though he's a KPD and up against one of the hardest matchups this week, even if he bombs a bit it'll still be worth getting him in

BE -3 this week, an 80 will push him to $450k which to me is still affordable, especially if he scores well again. It'll be handy getting another look even though he's a KPD and up against one of the hardest matchups this week, even if he bombs a bit it'll still be worth getting him in
Next week I’m pretty much set on
Howes > Graham
Lazz > Comben
I believe im ahead of the game at the moment getting Flanders last week and diving into Zorko. I was planning on trading out Grundy this week however there’s no one that’s standing out for at the moment and he’s performing alright.

Last edited:
Next week I’m pretty much set on
Howes > Graham
Lazz > Comben
I believe im ahead of the game at the moment getting Flanders last week and driving into Zorko. I was planning on trading out Grundy this week however there’s no one that’s standing out for at the moment and he’s performing alright.
Same players coming in for me, Massimo and McKercher going out, Flanders comes in the week after, gives me a good look at his new role and his price shouldn't change much.
I like the Zorko pick but he might be a few more weeks away for me. Keeping Grundy for the time being, don't want to be doing luxury upgrades at this time of year, would rather concentrate on getting rookies off the field.
Speaking of rookies, I'm wondering how many will be left on field for others after this 1st tranche of byes? I'll have 5, one forward and four in the guts, hoping to get to 0 going into rnd 12-13

Same players coming in for me, Massimo and McKercher going out, Flanders comes in the week after, gives me a good look at his new role and his price shouldn't change much.
I like the Zorko pick but he might be a few more weeks away for me. Keeping Grundy for the time being, don't want to be doing luxury upgrades at this time of year, would rather concentrate on getting rookies off the field.
Speaking of rookies, I'm wondering how many will be left on field for others after this 1st tranche of byes? I'll have 5, one forward and four in the guts, hoping to get to 0 going into rnd 12-13
I believe a lot of people are probably waiting on Zorko and fair haha
I hope he can get some 110+ the next couple of weeks!
It will be interesting. I am going to watch Clohsey to see whether he is a an on field kinda guy. I’m running with 3 in the mids and 2 forward at the moment, hoping to cut that down to only 4 in total after the byes

It will be interesting. I am going to watch Clohsey to see whether he is a an on field kinda guy. I’m running with 3 in the mids and 2 forward at the moment, hoping to cut that down to only 4 in total after the byes
Yep, you're ahead of the curve there, seems like others have been doing a few sideways and luxury moves, I'm guilty of that with Daicos.

I’ve some how ended up with Zorko in my team too. I think it’s the right move considering I don’t have the security of Dempsey in a rookie spot up forward.

Leaves me with a forward line of Heeney, Flanders, Zorko, Powell, Fisher and a rookie at F6. If Thomas is dropped it allows me to loop Reid/Wilson in that position moving forward, which I’m comfortable with.

Still the 4 rookies in the mids - Roberts, McKercher, Sanders & Sharp.

I’ve some how ended up with Zorko in my team too. I think it’s the right move considering I don’t have the security of Dempsey in a rookie spot up forward.

Leaves me with a forward line of Heeney, Flanders, Zorko, Powell, Fisher and a rookie at F6. If Thomas is dropped it allows me to loop Reid/Wilson in that position moving forward, which I’m comfortable with.

Still the 4 rookies in the mids - Roberts, McKercher, Sanders & Sharp.
Those last couple of forward spots might just have to go to the injury prone types in Zorko and Adams, I've already got Yeo in the side along with Whitfield, Butters could be added to that list I suppose, makes me tremble with fear after the s**t show with injuries last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back