Wrestling Podcast Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Listened to talk is Jerico a lot lately.
One episode to check out is where he talks about his time in WCW and difficulties with Bischoff. Very entertaining listening if anyones interested.

Listened to talk is Jerico a lot lately.
One episode to check out is where he talks about his time in WCW and difficulties with Bischoff. Very entertaining listening if anyones interested.

Bischoff and Conrad Thompson started a new podcast called 83 weeks, so this was Jericho's response to that and correcting a few things from his perspective.

Downloading first episode of 83 weeks now, will see if it's any good.

Bischoff and Conrad Thompson started a new podcast called 83 weeks, so this was Jericho's response to that and correcting a few things from his perspective.

Downloading first episode of 83 weeks now, will see if it's any good.

I find 83 weeks very similar to Something to Wrestle with-- Conrad definitely controls the format. The main difference I find between the way Conrad treats Eric compared to how he treats Bruce is that he appears to get along with Bruce, where as almost every week Eric & Conrad are arguing about Bischoff's memory of things.

I find 83 weeks very similar to Something to Wrestle with-- Conrad definitely controls the format. The main difference I find between the way Conrad treats Eric compared to how he treats Bruce is that he appears to get along with Bruce, where as almost every week Eric & Conrad are arguing about Bischoff's memory of things.

probably because Eric has either a poor memory or a very selective memory.

Been listening to a lot of Something to Wrestle with Bruce and Conrad recently.

A couple of observations that make me realise that at the end of the day, the WWE will always make bad decisions at points based on nothing but dumb opinions from those in charge.

Bruce said he never thought Christian was charismatic so the 'Captain Charisma' nickname made no sense. Actually he claimed to only like it somewhat because as a heel it made sense for Christian to believe that he was super charismatic when it wasn't actually true.
Does Bruce know what Charismatic actually means?

Bruce had a hard time convincing Vince that Mr America was a good idea. 'Vince just didn't get it'. Maybe because it was a horrible idea and Vince was actually right on this one?

There are so many more but I'll leave it at those two for now. Will add more as I hear them.

For the record I really enjoy the podcast. Just find some takes on certain talent and events to be so at odds with what the audience were experiencing or expected.

Been listening to a lot of Something to Wrestle with Bruce and Conrad recently.

A couple of observations that make me realise that at the end of the day, the WWE will always make bad decisions at points based on nothing but dumb opinions from those in charge.

Bruce said he never thought Christian was charismatic so the 'Captain Charisma' nickname made no sense. Actually he claimed to only like it somewhat because as a heel it made sense for Christian to believe that he was super charismatic when it wasn't actually true.
Does Bruce know what Charismatic actually means?

Bruce had a hard time convincing Vince that Mr America was a good idea. 'Vince just didn't get it'. Maybe because it was a horrible idea and Vince was actually right on this one?

There are so many more but I'll leave it at those two for now. Will add more as I hear them.

For the record I really enjoy the podcast. Just find some takes on certain talent and events to be so at odds with what the audience were experiencing or expected.

With Something to Wrestle with it really depends on which era of the podcast how critical Bruce is of the bad decisions that different people make. Once he got into his podcasting grove (around the time he did the Edge/Matt/Lita episode) until his appearance at Raw 25 in January 2018 he was pretty blunt and critical of other people he worked with--- especially Vince, Michael Hayes, Johnny Ace, Jim Cornette & Vince Russo. In 2018 he started taming it down a bit (obviously more friendly with the company again) and ever since he returned to the WWE a year ago the podcast has been very different & Bruce is much more forgiving of the mistakes they made at the time.

The latest Talk'N Shop is a great listen.

Gallows and Anderson basically let rip on their time in the WWE.

Talk about how they were used, regretting re-signing and turning down AEW(straining a few friendships in the process), the Saudi Arabia fiasco and how they got released.

They really hate Paul Heyman as well.

Talk about how they were used, regretting re-signing and turning down AEW(straining a few friendships in the process), the Saudi Arabia fiasco and how they got released.

on a long list there

Link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seem to be a few listeners of The Lapsed Fan in here but it's worth another shout out.

I've been a Patron for over a year and have been an on and off listener for many years.

I understand their comedy tangents can be insufferable but the research on that show is just second to none.

Highly addictive if you like the thorough research of old shows. Their recent episode on the 9/11 Smackdown ep was fantastic.

Curious to hear what others think of these guys.

There seem to be a few listeners of The Lapsed Fan in here but it's worth another shout out.

I've been a Patron for over a year and have been an on and off listener for many years.

I understand their comedy tangents can be insufferable but the research on that show is just second to none.

Highly addictive if you like the thorough research of old shows. Their recent episode on the 9/11 Smackdown ep was fantastic.

I used to listen to them but the episodes were too long so had to put them on the sidelines.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm so far behind on their shows! The issues I was having with my hearing really damaged my motivation to listen to music and podcasts as a whole.

I used to listen to them but the episodes were too long so had to put them on the sidelines.

I just had a look - their episode on the post 9/11 SD is a 3 parter with the 2nd part going for 8 and a half hours!!! WTF surely not? The whole thing altogether goes for 14hrs!! How is that possible surely no-one had listened to the whole thing.

I just had a look - their episode on the post 9/11 SD is a 3 parter with the 2nd part going for 8 and a half hours!!! WTF surely not? The whole thing altogether goes for 14hrs!! How is that possible surely no-one had listened to the whole thing.
Yeah I don't think it was a that long when I stopped listening. May have been 6 hrs over 2 parts i struggle to listen to the ones I have now.

Haha, I listened to it all, only ever on 1.0x speed!!

I get that I've drunk their kool-aid but that episode is just incredible. The way they dissect the American psyche from 9/11 and how the WWE capitalised on it for decades only to now be doing signifigant business with the Saudi's is just wrestling podcast perfection.

Did they need to take 15 hrs to make that point? No. But I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
Haha, I listened to it all, only ever on 1.0x speed!!

I get that I've drunk their kool-aid but that episode is just incredible. The way they dissect the American psyche from 9/11 and how the WWE capitalised on it for decades only to now be doing signifigant business with the Saudi's is just wrestling podcast perfection.

Did they need to take 15 hrs to make that point? No. But I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the heads up on these guys I've been bingeing their stuff over the past week or so. Started with their early WWF episodes (I haven't listened to any WCW/ECW ones so far) and currently listening to the 1990 Survivor Series episodes. They are long but working from home I can basically listen to podcasts/music all day while I work and always have my earphones in when I go shopping/workout/doing chores etc

I can see their comedy tangents starting to grate after a while and I've already heard them repeat a couple of things but I'm looking forward to getting into their long form episodes on AWA, the steroid trials, death match indie wrestling etc

Definitely worth a listen.

Thanks for the heads up on these guys I've been bingeing their stuff over the past week or so. Started with their early WWF episodes (I haven't listened to any WCW/ECW ones so far) and currently listening to the 1990 Survivor Series episodes. They are long but working from home I can basically listen to podcasts/music all day while I work and always have my earphones in when I go shopping/workout/doing chores etc

I can see their comedy tangents starting to grate after a while and I've already heard them repeat a couple of things but I'm looking forward to getting into their long form episodes on AWA, the steroid trials, death match indie wrestling etc

Definitely worth a listen.

So glad to hear that a recommendation landed!! They are very addictive. They've been a fantastic companion piece for me as I explored late eighties/early nineties WCW.

Looking for recommendations guys.

I don't watch any wrestling now but was massive from like 1995 - 2010 so am keen for some content that reflects on the good old days.

I spasmodically listen to TIJ and Stone Cold Show but they don't offer a great deal.

Looking for recommendations guys.

I don't watch any wrestling now but was massive from like 1995 - 2010 so am keen for some content that reflects on the good old days.

I spasmodically listen to TIJ and Stone Cold Show but they don't offer a great deal.

Not sure if you want vodcasts too but Renee Paquette and Chris Van Vliet have one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back