Wrestling Podcast Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've listened to the OSW podcast up until WrestleMania IX and have listened to the AE podcast.

I just started the New Generation Project podcast but it doesn't seem like it will be as good - seems too dry and the hosts don't seem to have the humour of the others especially the OSW guys. Are there any other podcasts like this around that might fill the gap between OSW & AE podcasts?

Give New Gen a chance, I actually reckon it's my favourite out of the lots. Could be subject matter too as I got into wrestling during the new generation period. They guys get funnier as the season goes on and Stuart researches the hell out of things.

Give New Gen a chance, I actually reckon it's my favourite out of the lots. Could be subject matter too as I got into wrestling during the new generation period. They guys get funnier as the season goes on and Stuart researches the hell out of things.

Yeah up to WMXII and its definitely picked up - I think they just had to find their groove, I think the AE guys were the same took about 6 or 7 eps to really get into it.

I would but if I had a shot for every time he said 'bro', I'd be dead from alcohol poisoning within the first 5 minutes.

Are you freakin kidding me? ;)

I would but if I had a shot for every time he said 'bro', I'd be dead from alcohol poisoning within the first 5 minutes.

Yeah I just can't stand listening to him talk even thought he says some interesting stuff.

Really good interview with Gallows and Anderson on TIJ, both guys are hilarious.

Listened to this at work yesterday, great podcast. Hope they let these guys on the mic.

Anyone listened to Vince Russo's podcasts (The Brand and Wrestling INC).

I know he came up with some garbage in his time but he is spot on about the current state of the business...

You should have a listen.
Yep. Making a lot of sense and is why I have completely given up on the current main product.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Gallows might be my new favourite person to listen to on a podcast, he's batshit crazy.

A good TIJ this week with Gallows, Anderson and AJ.

AJ does the best Ric Flair impression.
Did you listen to any Talk'n Shop?

Think weekly half-hour bursts of that, some amazing laughs. Might be a bit hard to track down now, because they had a habit of deleting them after a while, but they're probably online somewhere.

Also check out the AOW they did from the start of last year, that's what got me hooked on Talk'n Shop.

Did you listen to any Talk'n Shop?

Think weekly half-hour bursts of that, some amazing laughs. Might be a bit hard to track down now, because they had a habit of deleting them after a while, but they're probably online somewhere.

Also check out the AOW they did from the start of last year, that's what got me hooked on Talk'n Shop.

I tried looking them up, it's all behind a pay wall now it seems :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallows might be my new favourite person to listen to on a podcast, he's batshit crazy.

A good TIJ this week with Gallows, Anderson and AJ.

AJ does the best Ric Flair impression.

So a little blow back from the AJ impression last week, Flair wasnt happy with.... Karl Anderson

The bit Flair is taking exception to was when someone asked "The Nature Hoot" what he knows about $40,000. (Flair got sued by ROH for $41,000 for no showing 4 events).

Flairs response on his podcast
“Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I love AJ. I have all the time in the world for him. We got relatively close in TNA and I got a lot of respect for him. I think the world of Luke Gallows [and] I’ve gotten to know him real well. [The] Anderson kid, he sounds like Shane Douglas trying to be cute. I guess he can be cute next time he sees me because I’ll bring it up to him.” He added, “It is what it is. They take these shots. The problem is that if you say it, you gotta be held accountable. I knew what he was saying and he could say it to my face.”

The best bit of all that is it wasn't even Anderson who said the line, it was Gallows. Flair just ripped on Anderson for something he didn't do and wants to confront him over it.

So a little blow back from the AJ impression last week, Flair wasnt happy with.... Karl Anderson

The bit Flair is taking exception to was when someone asked "The Nature Hoot" what he knows about $40,000. (Flair got sued by ROH for $41,000 for no showing 4 events).

Flairs response on his podcast

The best bit of all that is it wasn't even Anderson who said the line, it was Gallows. Flair just ripped on Anderson for something he didn't do and wants to confront him over it.
Oh wow...

Hope Flair apologizes now. Gotta be accountable for what you say and all that.

edit: Could there be some subconscious resentment from Flair towards Machine Gun for using the Anderson name?

To me he makes absolutely no sense, and has an extraordinarily overrated opinion of what he contributed.
That's partly true. Is more his comments regarding how agents like Pat Patterson had wrestlers using psychology, telling stories and playing to their characters rather than current agents who have wrestlers worrying about when to hit predictable signature moves and silly spots that don't mean anything. Also liked his feelings on how the current shows have holes in them that do the talent no favors and insult the viewers and how it's better when wrestlers are addressing each other and behaving like real people rather than lame cartoon character good guys and villains.

Last edited:
I think it's been mentioned a couple of times already, but the Attitude Era Podcast is absolutely brilliant for anyone with even a passing interest in that era of wrestling. They have now "completed" the whole thing, in the sense that they've covered the entire attitude era, though they apparently intend to continue releasing episodes as times permits. The three hosts are hilarious together and the shows are extremely funny. They've almost single-handedly kept me entertained on my long drive to and from work every day for ages now.

If you like it, the host also does a podcast with his girlfriend about introducing her to the various characters and intricacies of the wrestling world which is entertaining in its own right.

If you like it, the host also does a podcast with his girlfriend about introducing her to the various characters and intricacies of the wrestling world which is entertaining in its own right.

get out, wrestling fans don't have girlfriends. They're all virgins living in their parents basement. :drunk:

That's partly true. Is more his comments regarding how agents like Pat Patterson had wrestlers using psychology, telling stories and playing to their characters rather than current agents who have wrestlers worrying about when to hit predictable signature moves and silly spots that don't mean anything. Also liked his feelings on how the current shows have holes in them that do the talent no favors and insult the viewers and how it's better when wrestlers are addressing each other and behaving like real people rather than lame cartoon character good guys and villains.

Depends what he's talking about. Lame cartoon characters were his specialty. And while he mightn't like the 'good guys and villains' dynamic, it sold out arenas for 100 years.

Depends what he's talking about. Lame cartoon characters were his specialty. And while he mightn't like the 'good guys and villains' dynamic, it sold out arenas for 100 years.
Think he means the toned down over produced and sterile behavior we see today. Nothing wrong with good guys v bad guys. Bad guys don't really act all that bad any more and good guys don't go through on what they say they will do was more his point in some of the podcasts I heard him on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back