Hot Topic : Tribalism in Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Khan at the NFL draft.

Asked about AEW and goes on to make it about AEW vs WWE.

WWE is the Harvey Weinstein of wrestling.

Push the angle story in regards to the neck brace, he really is an idiot.

Last edited:
Yeah that was unnecessary. Call Vince everything under the sun and everyone associated with him though.

They had a really great PPV, did really well with the Jack Perry stuff pivoting from the Punk stuff to Elite vs Khan angle, then selling the neck injury as great. This is all anyone will talk about now.

It’s factual though.
You can’t lump everyone that is employed there into the same category or the brand itself. What an actual ******* Tony is.

Has he become desperate with the low ratings and I think a lot of people thought AEW was going to explode especially when the Vince stuff came out and Vince left then went back but AEW just hasn’t taken off in the way they hoped maybe?

Like it’s a great in ring wrestling product but man every time they do something great like the last PPV Tony says or tweets something stupid, he is fixated on WWE its been all through their programming for a while now. I think everyone here has said this for a long time now just forget them and don’t bring them up.

Tony Khan at the NFL draft.

Asked about AEW and goes on to make it about AEW vs WWE.

WWE is the Harvey Weinstein of wrestling.

Push the angle story in regards to the neck brace, he really is an idiot.

AEW fans defending it cos Triple H mentioned Ospreay wanted to work less

Incredible scenes

Haha die hard? No.

Was he wrong though?

Absolutely wrong, WWE is bigger then 1 man who isn't even involved anymore.

He also said millions and millions of fans lol wrong again.

It's not really the point, he had a great opportunity to push the product and instead went down the WWE road again.

Surely you can't argue that?

WWE is actually listed, not just Vince.

For someone who is supposedly against tribalism you are so into it
It's not really the point, he had a great opportunity to push the product and instead went down the WWE road again.
He is a promoter, Bischoff and Vince and even Paul would all do the same thing if they are honest. They aren’t.
Literally can and did.

Unfortunately he is trying to appeal to the small group of die-hards like yourself.

Triggered. The die hards can’t get past WWE doing record numbers and going on an upwards trend whilst AEW are struggling to sell 2500 tickets to TV. I mean they just put on an incredible event of in ring wrestling and their follow up TV numbers were NXT like.

I mean they didn’t even showcase their new world heavyweight champion, they stuck him in a throw away match against a jobber that hasn’t won or won heck all. Didn’t Tony make a comment about Jinder Mahal having a match against Seth Rollins recently?

Chance to follow up one of their best ppvs with arguably one of the best matches in wrestling history with a strong TV show and proceeds to put more focus on a Japanese title than his own world title and injects himself into the spotlight.

Last edited:
Triggered. The die hards can’t get past WWE doing record numbers and going on an upwards trend whilst AEW are struggling to sell 2500 tickets to TV. I mean they just put on an incredible event of in ring wrestling and their follow up TV numbers were NXT like.

I mean they didn’t even showcase their new world heavyweight champion, they stuck him in a throw away match against a jobber that hasn’t won or won * all. Didn’t Tony make a comment about Jinder Mahal having a match against Seth Rollins recently?

Yeah it's all becoming pretty sad if Tony just stopped appealing to a very small group like Colonial the product would be so much better.

1 step forward and 2 steps back

Great PPV
Doesn't even bother with Swerve
Falls back into the WWE trap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine making a badly timed pot- shot at your biggest competitor to a non-wrestling audience.

TK should have focused on the NFL Draft, not comparing a soft drink to a convicted sex offender

AEW fans defending it cos Triple H mentioned Ospreay wanted to work less

Incredible scenes

Wasn’t Hunter citing a quote from Ospreay that he chose AEW so he could fly back to the UK instead of being in the WWE house show grind ?

Tony does such a tremendous job of making his company feel so small time and secondary. I mean, like a perfect job.

How awkward, and you could tell the poor NFL hosts immediately wanted to shut it down.

I commend him for playing the gimmick with the neck brace however. Should have left it at that.

AEW is such an integral part of the longevity of wrestling as we know it. But he makes it incredibly hard to get behind.

Tony does such a tremendous job of making his company feel so small time and secondary. I mean, like a perfect job.

How awkward, and you could tell the poor NFL hosts immediately wanted to shut it down.

I commend him for playing the gimmick with the neck brace however. Should have left it at that.

AEW is such an integral part of the longevity of wrestling as we know it. But he makes it incredibly hard to get behind.

It's a good point making show look small.

Has a cracker show and then opens up with absolute cringe worthy people like Pockets and Best Friends.

Push your stars, WWE opens every week with a Bloodline, Rollins, Rhodes etc.

AEW fans think that people want them to close up shop, absolutely not, massive to have another company with money to spend on talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back