Wrestling Podcast Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times already, but the Attitude Era Podcast is absolutely brilliant for anyone with even a passing interest in that era of wrestling. They have now "completed" the whole thing, in the sense that they've covered the entire attitude era, though they apparently intend to continue releasing episodes as times permits. The three hosts are hilarious together and the shows are extremely funny. They've almost single-handedly kept me entertained on my long drive to and from work every day for ages now.

If you like it, the host also does a podcast with his girlfriend about introducing her to the various characters and intricacies of the wrestling world which is entertaining in its own right.

The Old School Wrestling (OSW) podcast for the Hulkamania era and the New Generation podcast for the (obviously) New Generation era are great as well.

There's a Ruthless Aggression podcast but they seem to release an episode every 6 months and I haven't listened so not sure of the quality.

Not sure if been mentioned but I enjoy the lapsed fan podcast. Episodes go for a bit long but very enjoyable.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Not when that's what the business is about.

Arenas come in a range of sizes. 7,000 in a not sold out arena is better than say a 500-seat sell out. Moreover, sold out arenas clearly aren't the primary purpose when you're putting TV shows like WWE and Lucha Underground do. What worked in a hick promotion in the 1970s isn't important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoy a lot of podcasts. I don't really gravitate towards the wrestler ones though, and generally look for discussion with people who are into more than just WWE.

LAW network shows are great. Listen to most of them when I get a chance. John and Wai reviews, Japanese audio wrestling, the law.

Voices of Wrestling Network. The flagship show every week, new japan purocast, burning spirits.

wewatchwrestling

something to wrestle with is interesting but prichard is such a campaigner.

Always looking for more.

I love when Conrad gets angry and starts name calling Prichard for giving a crap answer.

I enjoy a lot of podcasts. I don't really gravitate towards the wrestler ones though, and generally look for discussion with people who are into more than just WWE.

LAW network shows are great. Listen to most of them when I get a chance. John and Wai reviews, Japanese audio wrestling, the law.

Voices of Wrestling Network. The flagship show every week, new japan purocast, burning spirits.

wewatchwrestling

Always looking for more.
I find Jason Agnew an absolute **********. They clearly have a few disabled listerners call in and Agnew treats them like s**t and belittles them quite mean. I do like Lavranski and Pollock and Wai is great too. Bruce Prichards podcast is clearly the best. They pick a topic and run with it. Conrad is excellent too, he doesn't suck up Prichard and often at times tells him where to go. It's an excellent podcast. Chris Jericho is an excellent interviewer too. If you listen to Teddy Hart on his podcast you'll see he passes no judgment, doesn't talk for the sake of talking and notices when there is a money and just lets it fly and lets us make our own judgment on the person or issue. Jericho's interviews are awesome.

OSW Review about to start a new story arc...

As good a time as any to get into it

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times already, but the Attitude Era Podcast is absolutely brilliant for anyone with even a passing interest in that era of wrestling. They have now "completed" the whole thing, in the sense that they've covered the entire attitude era, though they apparently intend to continue releasing episodes as times permits. The three hosts are hilarious together and the shows are extremely funny. They've almost single-handedly kept me entertained on my long drive to and from work every day for ages now.

If you like it, the host also does a podcast with his girlfriend about introducing her to the various characters and intricacies of the wrestling world which is entertaining in its own right.

Ive just finished watching the attitude era after probably close to 6 or 7 years (maybe longer). Finally watched wmx7 the other night and have been listening to the AE podcast after each PPV.

Now I want to keep watching through the Invasion/Ruthless Aggression era but was wondering if anyone knows of a podcast that follows that timeline? I've listened to OSW, NewGen and AE podcasts now so would be great if there is one that continues the timeline.

The AE Podcast guys are currently doing the Invasion, but of course their release schedule is pretty damn slow. They skipped ahead to KOTR 2001 and went from there:

KOTR2001 -
Raw June 25th 2001 -
Raw July 7th 2001 -
Invasion 2001 -
Summerslam 2001 -
Unforgiven 2001 - https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/unforgiven-2001

They've also done a few bonus episodes covering Tough Enough from around that time, haha. They're still highly entertaining to listen to. The new episode should be out in a week or two.

There is definitely a podcast going around called the Ruthless Agression Podcast but I haven't listened to it so I can't say if it's any good or not.

Edit: Huh, apparently Bigfooty turns Soundcloud links into embedded audio files, but only five of them. Whatever, you get the point :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back