Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not gonna leave Geelong lmao

What Eddie bringeth, Eddie could take away. That would be my only worry.

Few people earlier in the thread said he would not be a big loss because we have small forward covered.

I would disagree strongly.

Stengle is the only crumbing / classy finishing small forward we have and even for a small guy his marking is underrated, particularly if comparing him to Miers and Close. The others work hard up the ground and get involved in scoring chains, they are not shelling them like peas from 30m out on the fence like Stengle has done the last two weeks. Stengle's class = 4 points last night.

He's back to the explosive pace he had in 22 as well.

Missed it last year

But in the Hawks game there were several passages where he was moving faster than everyone and saw it again last night V doggies.

Might not pull AA again but word is hes happy at Geelong, gets along well with other players and enjoys his footy.

Will get paid for sure and no doubt we'll offer up good..... I imagine we'll be fair with him without going bezerk on the $$

GO Catters

He's back to the explosive pace he had in 22 as well.

Missed it last year

But in the Hawks game there were several passages where he was moving faster than everyone and saw it again last night V doggies.

Might not pull AA again but word is hes happy at Geelong, gets along well with other players and enjoys his footy.

Will get paid for sure and no doubt we'll offer up good..... I imagine we'll be fair with him without going bezerk on the $$

GO Catters
He just makes things happen. Delivery inside 50 is lovely, does a lot of tap ons to advantage as well, sidestep to get into better positions... Very good player.

Yeah but the market dictates what he gets.
If Essendon is looking for a Tippa replacement, a guy that can snag goals and provide pressure Stengle is that guy.
They'll pay that, they've got money and they'll want a proven Finals performer.

In the new cap, 700k-800k is not as big as it once was.
He is worth every bit of 500k and no more.

Geelong would never pay Stengle 700-800k and I doubt any other club would either.

He will stay at the Cats, it's clearly the best place for him.

I couldn't stay mad at him either
Yes its a very odd situation where the Cats threw him a lifeline that most of the time the player would probably feel indebted for... But then he came out, kicked 55 goals in a season and was an absolutely key part of the Cats flag run. Prime age still and Cats list in an odd spot, don't think anyone would hold it against him for chasing $$ to set himself up for the future.

My gut feel is he leaves if the Cats form wanes and they miss finals, if they continue how they're going and play finals again this year I think he stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes its a very odd situation where the Cats threw him a lifeline that most of the time the player would probably feel indebted for... But then he came out, kicked 55 goals in a season and was an absolutely key part of the Cats flag run. Prime age still and Cats list in an odd spot, don't think anyone would hold it against him for chasing $$ to set himself up for the future.

My gut feel is he leaves if the Cats form wanes and they miss finals, if they continue how they're going and play finals again this year I think he stays.

Finals from here we probably only need 8 more wins and we have 5 games against bottom 4 to come. May just depend on the way we run the year out more than an arbitrary threshold

There's probably going to be a few factors for him to consider other than footy too.

won't happen. he loves it here, perfect situation and will get paid.
We thought the same thing about Willie rioli .

But when someone offers you a truck load of money some throw away the loyalty of a club that pulled you out of s**t .

At least you will get compo if he leaves

But when someone offers you a truck load of money some throw away the loyalty of a club that pulled you out of s**t .

and thats the way it should be, all australian and a preimership player, dont own geelong anything. if someone give him a much bigger bag than geelong. good luck to him.

In fairness, Geelong 2024 aren't exactly West Coast 2022.

We can still offer success and good coin (albeit we're unlikely to offer anything massive with our pay structure) but if he wants to go somewhere else for ridiculous overs, then good luck to him IMO.

It's a business forthese guys, and we'll be well compensated if that's the case.

In fairness, Geelong 2024 aren't exactly West Coast 2022.

We can still offer success and good coin (albeit we're unlikely to offer anything massive with our pay structure) but if he wants to go somewhere else for ridiculous overs, then good luck to him IMO.

It's a business forthese guys, and we'll be well compensated if that's the case.
In fairness Geelong get advantages that other clubs especially interstate clubs can't offer

You will probably be able to sign him or at least get adequate compensation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back