Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues would have to be offering him the keys to the city. Everything we lack.

18 teams would want him. The question is who has the assets to actually get him. Carlton have a lot of big money players.

I’d expect Stengle to get >800k a year dollars over 3 or 4 years. Just depends on when he wants to time his next contract.

Wouldn’t rule out 4M over 5 years to take him to 30.

18 teams would want him. The question is who has the assets to actually get him. Carlton have a lot of big money players.

I’d expect Stengle to get >800k a year dollars over 3 or 4 years. Just depends on when he wants to time his next contract.

Wouldn’t rule out 4M over 5 years to take him to 30.
True, but I think we'll have a bit of spare coin this year after hitting the draft for a few years now

Also don't hear of too many redemption stories like his where they go chasing cash at a rabble afterwards which could rule out a few clubs. Get the feeling he'll want to remain in a stable environment/club with good culture if he were to leave the Cats.

I'd sell both my plums to help get this bloke in to replace the blokes we've got in the small forward spot. Would be leagues above them.

all i care about is if he do leave, 750 or 800 i expect 1st round compo back
If Dempsey performs all season and continues to develop then I don't reckon the Cats would be too worried about losing him. Cash in on a first round compo pick and add some more young talent to the list if they don't challenge for the flag this year.

If Dempsey performs all season and continues to develop then I don't reckon the Cats would be too worried about losing him. Cash in on a first round compo pick and add some more young talent to the list if they don't challenge for the flag this year.
Different roles though. Mannagh would be the one to replace him and he has a bit of work to do to catch up with young Tyson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how he'd be anywhere near that amount of money that's Isaac Heeney sort of coin.
he is a 450-500k player at best.
Keep in mind the rising cap means 450-500 under the current cap is much higher under the new cap.

Plus never rule out a desperate team with space offering massive overs.

SF is also becoming one of the most important positions in the game.

Keep in mind the rising cap means 450-500 under the current cap is much higher under the new cap.

Plus never rule out a desperate team with space offering massive overs.

SF is also becoming one of the most important positions in the game.
Yeah but the brackets will move with the cap by design

I don't see how he'd be anywhere near that amount of money that's Isaac Heeney sort of coin.
he is a 450-500k player at best.
Yeah but the market dictates what he gets.
If Essendon is looking for a Tippa replacement, a guy that can snag goals and provide pressure Stengle is that guy.
They'll pay that, they've got money and they'll want a proven Finals performer.

In the new cap, 700k-800k is not as big as it once was.

Yeah but the market dictates what he gets.
If Essendon is looking for a Tippa replacement, a guy that can snag goals and provide pressure Stengle is that guy.
They'll pay that, they've got money and they'll want a proven Finals performer.

In the new cap, 700k-800k is not as big as it once was.
No they won't.

Market dictates he gets that. You don't get AA players for free.
You also don't spend 800k on a small forward who's returns diminish significantly when he's not in a premiership team if you're a club nowhere near a premiership.

You also don't spend 800k on a small forward who's returns diminish significantly when he's not in a premiership team if you're a club nowhere near a premiership.
Maybe not Essendon if they don't feel it's a need but someone will.
Small Forwards are fast becoming a huge asset in football and AA players don't grow on trees.

If he's saying he wants to join your club as an UFA and wants 700k minimum you're saying no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back