Grahams Future

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ctl

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Started his career really strong, has trailed off a bit recently and been pushed to half forward. Toured Port Adelaide a couple of years ago before they opted for JHF and pulled out of further pursuing Graham. Team player, hard worker, lots of pressure acts but is very much an inside player not an outside player.I think Graham would probably take an opportunity to play more midfield minutes given Taranto and Hopper have effectively pushed him out

I dont know to be honest, im just going by footywire AFL Out of Contract Players in 2024. At the time he re-signed Carlton were going pretty hard at him, so maybe that bumped up his price a bit
If I’m not mistaken are all free agents automatically restricted if they hit free agency for the first time in their career past the 8 year mark?

Great pressure player, with good skills and amazing repeat efforts. But limited hurt factor.

Can be a fantastic contributor in the right set up.

If he went as a FA I'd want a good compo back.

Could see him going to Port as a Boak replacement considering he almost went there last year, he's from SA and they'll likely have limited draft picks for the 3rd year running. Probably depends what type of year he has under Yze. I reckon he's been totally underutilized by Dimma and is a better player than what he looks.

Certainly gives his all, but gets injured a lot and seems to get slower every season. I think he would get another look in at new club even if falls out of our 22, which seems likely. His early career success will see him get another go, doubt he ever gets back to that form though. Either way, whether he stays or leaves it's a massive year for him for the value of his next contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly gives his all, but gets injured a lot and seems to get slower every season. I think he would get another look in at new club even if falls out of our 22, which seems likely. His early career success will see him get another go, doubt he ever gets back to that form though. Either way, whether he stays or leaves it's a massive year for him for the value of his next contract.
Not really. He's missed about 25 games since he debuted in 2017. Probably about 20 of which were due to a shoulder reco and a syndesmosis injury.

He's one of those guys who should play every game of the year but would be about the 10th to 15th guy you'd pick when naming the team.

A bit slow with ball in hand but quite quick when chasing down a tackle. I guess you'd call him a good honest defensive midfielder. Not a very long kick either. Every team needs a guy like this, but you don't build a midfield around him like the true gun players.

I do not want to lose him but the SA teams may make a play that the Tigers can't match.

Jack Graham could probably net the tigers Band 5.

How on earth is he restricted 😂😂🥴
Almost everybody at Richmond is on a massively back ended contract as a flow on from bringing in Lynch while the cap was already at capacity. It will take quite some time for it all to shake out.

If I’m not mistaken are all free agents automatically restricted if they hit free agency for the first time in their career past the 8 year mark?
I don't believe so. I think you need to still hit the income threshold.

Jack Graham could probably net the tigers Band 5.
Dougie Payne Lol GIF by Travis

Almost everybody at Richmond is on a massively back ended contract as a flow on from bringing in Lynch while the cap was already at capacity. It will take quite some time for it all to shake out.
LOL no worries, thanks Blair Hartley. You reckon Jack Graham is on a back ended deal to accommodate for Tom Lynch, who is also on a back ended deal, when both of their deals both expire next year? Does that make sense to you when you read it back? :think:

Dougie Payne Lol GIF by Travis

LOL no worries, thanks Blair Hartley. You reckon Jack Graham is on a back ended deal to accommodate for Tom Lynch, who is also on a back ended deal, when both of their deals both expire next year? Does that make sense to you when you read it back? :think:
Yes. It does. Stop and think for a moment. You had guys like Reiwoldt and Cotchin on the big money that still had to be paid. So Lynch and everyone else kept getting pushed further and further back to manage the situation. Eventually it will wash out, but it won't happen any time soon.

Enjoy your three flags in 40 something years. This is the consequence of that.

Yes. It does. Stop and think for a moment. You had guys like Reiwoldt and Cotchin on the big money that still had to be paid. So Lynch and everyone else kept getting pushed further and further back to manage the situation. Eventually it will wash out, but it won't happen any time soon.

Enjoy your three flags in 40 something years. This is the consequence of that.
You said almost everybody is back ended. That's garbage, you can't backend most players. We had enough cap space to offer Griffin Logue a contract last year (which was after we signed Taranto and Hopper) and before Grimes' biggest contract expired plus Castagna, Riewoldt, Cotchin and Tarrant all retired. Lynch and Dusty are back ended somewhat but we wouldn't be kicking the can down the road with the whole list. Jack Grahams 2024 extension was due to reaching a trigger after his 3-year deal was signed in late 2020 so any 'back ending' would've been this year, not next.....

Some may be back ended, sure, but 'almost everybody' is BS.

It is not a small number. Most might be inaccurate if you include rookies or whatever, but most of the guys on contracts above the average were backhanded to accommodate lynch when the cap was already full, and more back ending occurred later to further accommodate the imbalance.

Complaining about it doesn't change it. As I said, enjoy your 3 flags since the death of black jack mcewen, who was born 2 centuries ago.

It is not a small number. Most might be inaccurate if you include rookies or whatever, but most of the guys on contracts above the average were backhanded to accommodate lynch when the cap was already full, and more back ending occurred later to further accommodate the imbalance.

Complaining about it doesn't change it. As I said, enjoy your 3 flags since the death of black jack mcewen, who was born 2 centuries ago.
No one's complaining, how could we? The cap management over the dynasty and since has been a masterstroke. Now the two biggest contracts in RFC history are almost up and we've not lost a single player due to cap restraints. Well, maybe B. Ellis....

No one's complaining, how could we? The cap management over the dynasty and since has been a masterstroke. Now the two biggest contracts in RFC history are almost up and we've not lost a single player due to cap restraints. Well, maybe B. Ellis....
Agreed. Was extremely well done. You did lose two guys over that period on big money (deledio and rance) but one was cooked and one wasn't your choice. If you end up losing Graham on the back end during a rebuild it isn't really that big a deal (except to those tigers fans who thought he was the best young player in the league, along with stack).

You said almost everybody is back ended. That's garbage, you can't backend most players. We had enough cap space to offer Griffin Logue a contract last year (which was after we signed Taranto and Hopper) and before Grimes' biggest contract expired plus Castagna, Riewoldt, Cotchin and Tarrant all retired. Lynch and Dusty are back ended somewhat but we wouldn't be kicking the can down the road with the whole list. Jack Grahams 2024 extension was due to reaching a trigger after his 3-year deal was signed in late 2020 so any 'back ending' would've been this year, not next.....

Not to mention the unexpected departures of Soldo & Castagna who had both signed at the height of their careers thats another $800k that was factored into 2024 cap

Back