Unrestricted Free Agent Jack Graham [UFA 2024]

Grahams Future

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned Castagna and Kosi just takes Soldos cash.
Always pointless even discussing guys on average wages with respect to the salary cap. They just get replaced by others on average wages. It doesn't move the needle, yet supporters never stop doing it. Well, nuffie supporters anyway.

To me Jack Graham is that 15th to 22nd player picked in our side when all players are available. He is a gut runner and is as courageous as any player in the competition. Dude dislocated his shoulder in the 2019 prelim, went off to get it popped back in and proceeded to dislocate it/get it popped in again and return to the field 3 more times in that match. Continually popped out, put back in again and again, that's crazy tough IMO. He wasn't able to get a premiership medal a week later due to that injury. I'll never forget that.
As a player though he's not elite. He's obviously tough and would set the training standards for any club who picked him up.

Will he turn it around this season?

Needs to reinvent himself alittle I think.
Getting his first pre season in a while and looks like he has trimmed down a lot. Will be interesting to see his role under Yze.

I think he was under-utilized under Dimma and Dimma mkII. Has all the tools to be a far more damaging player than he has been.

Getting his first pre season in a while and looks like he has trimmed down a lot. Will be interesting to see his role under Yze.

I think he was under-utilized under Dimma and Dimma mkII. Has all the tools to be a far more damaging player than he has been.

So where does he mostly play to unlock this damage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's has quite a few good games in front of goal and has a big tank so the link up half forward role Lambert used to play would be ideal IMO. Somewhere where he can get off the chain occasionally rather than guarding grass or playing a defensive role.
his best games usually involve him getting about 18-20 touches, a few turnovers, playing defensive mid so that spaghetti noodle head can be unaccountable and run forward unmanned and spray shots running into an open goal

now that I think about it, maybe Yze will have a better use for a big, strong midfielder with a big tank than being a defensive pawn for spaghetti noodle head

his best games usually involve him getting about 18-20 touches, a few turnovers, playing defensive mid so that spaghetti noodle head can be unaccountable and run forward unmanned and spray shots running into an open goal

now that I think about it, maybe Yze will have a better use for a big, strong midfielder with a big tank than being a defensive pawn for spaghetti noodle head
ok

Seemed like a secure and solid part of Richmond's future but now an afterthought.

Was it Port who were super interested a few years back?

Yes, Port were very keen on him at the end of 2022.

Carlton also had a big crack at him 2 years prior.

We won’t be interested any more. Not sure about Port, but certainly his stocks have fallen in the last year or so.

He is pretty injury prone now, I'm gonna be honest although I do think he is a handy player he wouldn't be worth much anymore.
Suns would probably pay the most for him & Hardwick would be keen imo with the way he plays, it's a long year so we will see if Suns midfield starts to get bogged down mid-season Dimma might see value in him.

Back