Unrestricted Free Agent Isaac Cumming [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
*** Note: Footywire and Sporting News list Cumming as a RFA. A recent article on afl.com.au (Cal Twomey) lists him as unrestricted. I have no idea which is correct. I will adjust thread title if someone can prove he’s unrestricted.

Very surprised a thread doesn’t already appear to exist for Isaac. While GWS don’t really have any other “guns” coming out of contract in 2024, the huge chunk of cap required to keep the likes of Green, Greene, Whitfield, Taylor, Callaghan, Cadman, Ash, Daniels, Kelly, Hogan, Himmelberg and Idun around, might mean something has to shake loose here.

Quality outside player. From Broken Hill so no real ties to any state or city. Can be used off a half back flank or a wing. Elite user of the footy. Walks into every club’s best 18 in some sort of attacking outside role. Injured at present and due back somewhere around Rd 9-10 from what I’ve seen.

GWS are absolutely choc full of talent in all parts of the field, and I can see a club coming with an offer that Isaac might not be able to refuse, and that GWS might not be able to get near matching. Somewhere in the vicinity of 800-850k for 5 years doesn’t seem too ridiculous for Cumming in the current climate.

Personally hoping my club throws a big offer at him as we are currently rolling with the likes of Brodie Smith (cooked), Chayce Jones (better defensively than offensively) and Lachie Sholl (not AFL standard) in roles that Cumming could play, in addition to the question marks over Wayne Milera’s future due to persistent serious injuries.

Not to mention Broken Hill tends to be Crows territory to a certain extent.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Do GWS fans think he’s staying?

Any rumours from other clubs with keen interest?

No rumours, but I hope West Coast offers him a big deal to come over. Hes the exact type of player we need kicking off half back, our current users of the ball back there are just not good enough, and we will have huge space in the salary cap. Hope he was mates with Flynn or something idk probably just wishful thinking

Shhh, we were trying to keep this under wraps.

Just a pain that he's injured in his final contract year, because it will be hard for him to prove his worth on the field, and as OP says GWS is stacked for talent. I would love him to stay for less to remain as part of the team, but I know that's unrealistic. With Ash and Whitfield looking like thay have his HBF position locked down (with Josh Fahey the other backup in that position), I was hoping that he would have a good run at proving himself on a wing.

He has great hands, good overhead mark, runs well, and is a good user.

There's still time for him to return, but GWS will still be limited in what they can offer him with everyone else on the list. I do agree with the OP, that another team with greater salary cap space might be able to prise him out with a better offer than GWS can give. Hopefully he gets back in the second half of the season. At the least, he can demonstrate his worth.

Cal Twomey would be correct. Footywire just lists restricted/unrestricted based on how many years they've been at the club. Elliott Himmelberg is listed as restricted at the Crows, but he'd more likely be in the bottom 25% paid as opposed to top 25%.

Cal Twomey would be correct. Footywire just lists restricted/unrestricted based on how many years they've been at the club. Elliott Himmelberg is listed as restricted at the Crows, but he'd more likely be in the bottom 25% paid as opposed to top 25%.
Good enough logic for me, thread title updated 👍🏼

If we can only afford one of Pezza and Cheese, it’ll be Pezza all day everyday. But I hope they both decide to stay
For those unfamiliar with Giants nicknames, I can only assume this refers to Perryman and Cumming. And if Cumming’s nickname is actually “cheese”, that’s just another tick for Australia’s 2nd favourite team 🤩

Very interested that I think you’re saying that the Giants would prefer to keep Perryman over Cumming? Is that more down to the fact that Ash and Whitfield can play very similar roles to Cumming and therefore his loss would be easier to cover?

Very interested that I think you’re saying that the Giants would prefer to keep Perryman over Cumming? Is that more down to the fact that Ash and Whitfield can play very similar roles to Cumming and therefore his loss would be easier to cover?
Yes, and we also have Josh Fahey developing too.

Perryman we can't replace as easily.

All of those 3 are academy graduates, so it's :( whichever way it goes down.

And, yes, Cumming is "Cheese".

For those unfamiliar with Giants nicknames, I can only assume this refers to Perryman and Cumming. And if Cumming’s nickname is actually “cheese”, that’s just another tick for Australia’s 2nd favourite team 🤩

Pez is best 22 everyday, Cumming (cheese) is a fringe 23 player …. No doubt we’d love to keep both but Pez is more a priority as that hard-nosed small defender who can go into the midfield if necessary

Pez is best 22 everyday, Cumming (cheese) is a fringe 23 player …. No doubt we’d love to keep both but Pez is more a priority as that hard-nosed small defender who can go into the midfield if necessary
It really is a frightening endorsement of where GWS are at to think that Cumming is a fringe 23 player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can only afford one of Pezza and Cheese, it’ll be Pezza all day everyday. But I hope they both decide to stay
All this talk of cheese pizza is making me hungry.

Snifing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Here's a video of WCE Recruiting manager Matthew Clarke looking at I.Cumming right now.

* Not that there is anything wrong with that! :devil: :tearsofjoy:

I think he should be west coast's main priority this upcoming trade period. Fills a need, need more players in his age bracket, wouldnt cost draft picks. Would be a tough sell to move across the country but I hope we have a crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back