Game Day Round 9 - North Melbourne @ Darwin - 11th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Finding it hard to get excited for this one.

Either:
  • We win well, which is expected against this North team this year (sorry North fans). Probably adds to the idea that we can only beat up on the bottom teams, at home.
  • Get the win but play the way we have the last few weeks with non-league level skills (most likely).
  • We lose and it confirms that we are going backwards at a rate of knots.

Hopefully we can start well and ease the feeling.

Finding it hard to get excited for this one.

Either:
  • We win well, which is expected against this North team this year (sorry North fans). Probably adds to the idea that we can only beat up on the bottom teams, at home.
  • Get the win but play the way we have the last few weeks with non-league level skills (most likely).
  • We lose and it confirms that we are going backwards at a rate of knots.

Hopefully we can start well and ease the feeling.

No way
Mini GF #3
We win this and I’m partying like it’s 1999.
This is huuuuuuuuuge.
Fire Up!!

Given the way the boys played last week, I'll be content with any win tonight but much like the West Coast game I would like to see them win by at least 28 points so we get our percentage back above 100%. 8th placed Freo sit one win ahead of us with a percentage of 110.1% so it would be nice if we could close that gap tonight and sit just outside the top 8 by a few percentage points.

I'm interested to see if one of the younger guys uses this opportunity to announce himself. Maybe that ends up being Walter or Johnston with a bag of goals? Just give us something to get excited about fellas. North are the one club in the AFL that we actually have a positive win-loss ledger against so I'd like to see us extend that margin tonight.

You would wouldn't you-but-Suns
Youd expect them to come out breathing fire against a down on form and cross town rival Brisbane too and that was one of the worst games I've seen since the early Bluey years.
We are consistent at least, always letting us fans down.

The bear sub
Selection confusion again. Humphrey is a much better player than many in that starting 22. Heading home to Vic maybe with Luko back to Adelaide. Keen to see if Dimma keeps to his statement and plays Luko forward. Anyone who seems OK with us losing to NM is crazy. Must win game - if not all the good work is undone. Geelong is our Mini GF #4. That's the important game after we win this one. Not overly confident given the mental capacity of our team.

Selection confusion again. Humphrey is a much better player than many in that starting 22. Heading home to Vic maybe with Luko back to Adelaide. Keen to see if Dimma keeps to his statement and plays Luko forward. Anyone who seems OK with us losing to NM is crazy. Must win game - if not all the good work is undone. Geelong is our Mini GF #4. That's the important game after we win this one. Not overly confident given the mental capacity of our team.
Just maybe they rested Humphrey last week for a reason. He plays sub tonight and then in 5 days full game against Cats. Can't play 2 games in 5 days, no?

Going back to Vic because being sub? Surely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just maybe they rested Humphrey last week for a reason. He plays sub tonight and then in 5 days full game against Cats. Can't play 2 games in 5 days, no?

Going back to Vic because being sub? Surely not.
11 disposals and half a goal a game in 6 matches this year.I think sub is ok.See if he can impact and get some confidence off the pine

I’m all for getting a bit of confidence back into the kid by giving him a crack through the middle while everyone around him is tiring, especially coming back from concussion.
Need to get him back in and playing on instinct, not thinking he needs to do too much with the ball.

Some of you guys must sleep with the lights on hey. Fmd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back