Game Day Round 9 - North Melbourne @ Darwin - 11th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

IN:
Bodhi Uwland, Alex Sexton, Lloyd Johnston, Alex Davies, Joel Jeffrey, Bailey Humphrey

Out;
Wil Powell (Suspension), Brayden Fiorini (Managed), David Swallow (Managed), Rory Atkins (Omitted), Ethan Read (Omitted), Will Graham (Omitted)

Very excited about Johnston! He played well in VFL against Lions.
Looks like we've gone full NT for this game - Lloyd Johnston, Joel Jeffrey and Ben Long all named. I just hope Johnston or Long can give us something close to what we were seeing from Rosas earlier this year because we've really missed that goal kicking small forward since Mally's injury. Hopefully Jeffrey adequately replaces Powell too.

Looks like we've gone full NT for this game - Lloyd Johnston, Joel Jeffrey and Ben Long all named. I just hope Johnston or Long can give us something close to what we were seeing from Rosas earlier this year because we've really missed that goal kicking small forward since Mally's injury. Hopefully Jeffrey adequately replaces Powell too.
I like Davies replacing Graham too. Graham looked like he needed a rest and Davies looked good.

Prefer to see Graham keep his spot but could be a “rest” even tho omitted and Davies has good form

Time to see if Davies can step up, will be a good problem to have

Jeffrey finally I’m stoked been asking for him to play half back since 2023 and now gets his chance again.
Graham had just 9 touches (but he did have 8 tackles). Surely, Davies can match him, haha.

Last edited:
Happy to see the axe swung after last week’s debacle.

Hopefully Uwland’s confidence is up after getting a bit of it in the 2’s.
Excited to see Lloyd run and chase and harass all day and cause some errors/chances.
Interested to see how Davies goes under the new coach. Can he improve on his 8 touches/a few tackles floating around half forward without a real role?
Ainsworth to a wing? Not sure who else takes it? Touk?

Hopefully with the NT boys playing in front of family and friends, we actually have a reason to get up and about for them and put in a genuine effort.

Graham had just 9 touches (but he did have 8 tackles). Surely, Davies can match him, haha.

Davies does like playing the roos,
I swear he just finds a way any time of year to play them

Dimma likes Davies, coming back from a preseason injury it’s good to see him get his chance
2dcb5290a26182e87b070c2b54c5eed3.jpg

Any reason why Graham dropped?
My supercoach team doesn't like this...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring in a few NT boys that are in VFL form makes some sense. Jeffrey back is probably the highlight. Shame Farrar couldn’t fit in too somehow, but Johnston I guess is the replacement instead.

Probably our next best set of players (experienced and youth)—take that as you will.

It is also a pretty flexible team, with many being dual-position type players.

Might need to freshen the squad between the two games too (no matter the result).

Hopefully they, and the rest of the team, bring the heat. Got a lot to make up for.

It wouldnt surprise me if he's back in next week. Dimma happy spinning the magnets and have a good look at the squad
Not many players who haven't been given a run in the seniors after this game. 36 of 46 players have been given a run.

Players yet to be named - Brock, Farrar, Faulkhead, C.Graham, Lemmens, Mahony, Oea, Rowlands, Tsitas & Weller (injury).

It's funny, after Powell getting suspended, this week would have been a decent one to have Lukosius' kicking skills down back.
Still think Jeffery can be that replacement. Plays more like Powell aerially too.

But now we have to bring in our second tier of defenders, in a position where we can’t seem to find decent players, to cover the Powell suspension/Luko move.

Bring in a few NT boys that are in VFL form makes some sense. Jeffrey back is probably the highlight. Shame Farrar couldn’t fit in too somehow, but Johnston I guess is the replacement instead.

Probably our next best set of players (experienced and youth)—take that as you will.

It is also a pretty flexible team, with many being dual-position type players.

Might need to freshen the squad between the two games too (no matter the result).

Hopefully they, and the rest of the team, bring the heat. Got a lot to make up for.
Very inexperienced team. 25 players flew in. I doubt more players will be flown in before Cats game. VFL game is on Sunday.

Not sure how to feel about this one, expected to win but just feels like north will win one at some point and this may well be the one. Powell and rosas are 2 important players for us but good sides get wins with players missing. If we get a big response from the midfield who were smashed last week we should still be good enough to get the win. Suns 25 points.

It is a very young side to take on a road trip, the Roos’ 23 averages 6 more games of experience and both teams have 6 players who have played less than 20 games. This gives us a good sense of where our list is at. We have some key pillars across the ground but the bottom 10 or so players in the 23 are either borderline AFL players with something to prove or they are prospects. Let’s see the boys answer some of the questions that need answering coming out of the backline and up forward, and get the job done early so we aren’t crook for the Cats game........
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...1-looking-for-answers-with-selection-shakeup/

It is a very young side to take on a road trip, the Roos’ 23 averages 6 more games of experience and both teams have 6 players who have played less than 20 games. This gives us a good sense of where our list is at. We have some key pillars across the ground but the bottom 10 or so players in the 23 are either borderline AFL players with something to prove or they are prospects. Let’s see the boys answer some of the questions that need answering coming out of the backline and up forward, and get the job done early so we aren’t crook for the Cats game........
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...1-looking-for-answers-with-selection-shakeup/
Yeah, if you look at our line-up age and experience you would think we're in a re-build. Yes, we should benefit from developing kids in following years but it comes with cost. But kids are bloody talented.

The very young line-up is a reason why I don't believe we will see a spike in performance after bye similar to GWS and Collingwood when Kingsley and McRae took over. Their team profiles were completely different.

Look at what happened to Freo young team yesterday (and we are still way younger) against vastly more experienced Swans. Although you could say McCarthy dead had a terrible impact. Very sad moments to see.

It would not shock me if North win. They showed some spirit in the last game against Saints. Hopefully North players will melt and our indigenous players will have great games. They sure look motivated.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back