Game Day Round 9 - North Melbourne @ Darwin - 11th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest swallow has been dropped, maybe with the view of resting Graham next week against the cats. Fiorini has done more kms than any other suns player and a rest makes more sense. Wouldn't be surprised if day plays next week and Walter is also rested.

Very disappointing from Wil, harsh punishment but no place in the game.

Looking ahead, we're lucky that Stengle is the only quality small fwd in the next 5 weeks

Given Fiorini is being rested, thinking Rat to the wing
Jeffrey taking Lukos defence role
Sexton in place of Powell
uwland to back in while rat on the wing
Luko forward in place of read

Last edited:
What a joke. I get they need to look like they are doing the right thing in terms of this kind of abuse but seriously just about every game of footy across the land these kind of throw away lines are said. Maybe worth a game but 5 is crazy. Bet it was zorko that dobbed him in.
Sookey sookey la la.... wonder who the soft heart who dobbed was?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a joke. I get they need to look like they are doing the right thing in terms of this kind of abuse but seriously just about every game of footy across the land these kind of throw away lines are said. Maybe worth a game but 5 is crazy. Bet it was zorko that dobbed him in.
So over the top. Give me a break. One match and the public shame is enough. Call me insensitive but as someone with a coloured partner I loathe any racism however 5 matched for this seems outrageous to me.

Powell looked like he needed a rest tbh so hopefully comes back fresh with a point to prove.

With all this news today of Fiorini and Swallow being rested AND Wil Powell letting us all down no matter what you think of the suspension length MINI GF #3 is looking real shaky.

This could be an unmitigated disaster followed by the greatest of all meltdowns.

The vibe is bad.

Norff will play brilliantly if they are a sniff.

This is scary now.

So we are looking at something like,
Jeffery>Powell
Humphrey > swallow
Sexton> fiorini
With luko forward surely we can't go with read or day fwd/ 2nd ruck so long or farrar into the 22 with the other sub. Just means we need to have a makeshift 2nd ruck of luko/Andrew. I actually have wondered what ballard could do as the 2nd ruck. Would be good in the air around the ground and is struggling to get involved at the moment. Also without Powell we have no small defender who can actually defend so I'll throw uwland back in for atkins.

Andrew Collins uwland
Jeffery ballard Flanders
Clohesy Anderson ainsworth
Berry walter Humphrey
Lukosius King holman

Witts Rowell miller
Sexton Graham Long Rogers
Sub farrar.

You'd have to assume Jeffrey is going to get a crack now that we know Powell won't be playing. Can Jeffrey play on small forwards? I know he has speed and is skillful, but we do need someone that can lockdown on small forwards. Jeffrey gives us a bit of extra height down back with Luko being swung forward so that could be helpful at times. Maybe Ben Long could play as the lockdown small defender this week?

So over the top. Give me a break. One match and the public shame is enough. Call me insensitive but as someone with a coloured partner I loathe any racism however 5 matched for this seems outrageous to me.

Powell looked like he needed a rest tbh so hopefully comes back fresh with a point to prove.
It's part of the moral panic of our time but good luck arguing a case against it.You just have to accept the penalty and move on.But yeah, the social media video is awful.You expect to see some hooded ISIS guy in the background holding a machete.

as i posted elsewhere
As a suns fan and member, this sucks but if he said something homophobic, he deserves a suspension.
Should it be 5 weeks? Well if the AFL said future cases would get more, then i guess thats their policy and so be it

but

i guarantee if in Round 24, if one of Daicos, Kurnow, Neale, Heeney, Rankine, Butters, Greene, Dangerfield, Petracca, Reid, Martin, Bont - you get the picture, suddenly that more weeks for future offences, will evaporate...
And thats the disappointing aspect

I think the n word and the f word are now equal in the eyes of most work places. I work in the building industry so I hear both pretty regularly but it's not an industry you can police with 8 umpires watching over. 5 weeks seems stiff but if the afl is consistent, then players will stop saying the f word as they have the n word and that is the right example to set. Our players needed to worry about a billion other things last Sunday rather than sledging the opposition.

I think I'll be changing my tip
North are due a win
They have a pretty settled team
We've got morality suspensions and wholesale changes coming off maybe the worst loss in our history
Giddyup Jerry

Hardwick has named five recognised forwards on the bench. He definitely thinks about the game differently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Prefer to see Graham keep his spot but could be a “rest” even tho omitted and Davies has good form

Time to see if Davies can step up, will be a good problem to have

Jeffrey finally I’m stoked been asking for him to play half back since 2023 and now gets his chance again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back