Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

What a win. Nick was brilliant. Some defensive lapses when pressing forward, but showed amazing fight as well.

Thought the commentary was very poor with some of the calls completely dumb and nothing like what had happened during the passage of play they were calling.

Slowly but surely Collingwood seem to be getting back into their very best form.

After the 2010 drawn GF, he was on SEN searching for reasons why St Kilda would win the replay. Another commentator pointed out some reasons and Maher soiled himself in excitement. Have disliked him since.

He has no redeeming features at all, the most dismal person on the planet and I hope he really enjoyed tonight.

Did anyone see Peter Daicos going off in the dressing rooms after the game abiut the umpires?I would love to have heard him really say what was on his mind ,but unfortunately BT shut him down before he could say very much.😀
BT did CFC a favour by shutting him down.
We don’t need more reasons for the umps to hate us. And take it out on Peters boys.

After the 2010 drawn GF, he was on SEN searching for reasons why St Kilda would win the replay. Another commentator pointed out some reasons and Maher soiled himself in excitement. Have disliked him since.

Like most collingwood supporters, I enjoy Carltoons loses almost as much as our wins, unless we inflict that loss.

But when I hear heart breaking in his puny chest after a magpies win, it’s a glorious feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a win. Nick was brilliant. Some defensive lapses when pressing forward, but showed amazing fight as well.

Thought the commentary was very poor with some of the calls completely dumb and nothing like what had happened during the passage of play they were calling.

Slowly but surely Collingwood seem to be getting back into their very best form.
The effort to win last years flag took everything we had as a club to win. In hindsight, it was only natural that the boys had a bit of doubt in the first 3 rounds, just due to thought of being able to do it again. I think they have that belief back now

Beau in the middle really got us going in Q1, Harrison great all match and Sullivan looked like a 100 game player rather than a debutant. We suddenly look refreshed.

Sidey a non-factor again. Only gets a game next week coz McCreery misses.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree mostly. Every time I write of Steele though, he pulls something out of the bag. He's going to have some quieter games, but our veterans like Steele (and Pendlebury) will stand up when it counts. I wouldn't be sending him to the dew kickers just yet

The effort to win last years flag took everything we had as a club to win. In hindsight, it was only natural that the boys had a bit of doubt in the first 3 rounds, just due to thought of being able to do it again. I think they have that belief back now

Yea, great points and well said.

I had a chat with Peter Daicos outside the MCC while I was having a smoke before the 2003 GF. Honestly, I couldv'e been sitting at the pub with my best mate Collingwood fan. Such a mad Pies man and a genuine top bloke. I can never be embarrassed as a mid 50's bloke about how much I love this club when I think back to meeting Petter Daicos. A bigger Colllingwood tragic you could never meet.

I wasn't expecting too much tonight, but what a joy to witness a typical Collingwood against the odds (IMO) win. Guys like Crisp have been criticised recently, but much like the finals series last year, they stand up when it counts. Super proud of them tonight.
He’s an awesome bloke. Went to a sportsman’s day he hosted a couple of years ago and he’s just a lovely, approachable, genuinely friendly person who’s passionate about his club and loves his boys more than anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back