Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to avoid name combos for now. More thinking stuff like:

ElleCee (my real first initials).
FloatYourGoat (I do say "whatever floats your goat" a bit).
PieByNight

There's always room for more at the mighty East Side Hawks.
All good names ,did you used to have Milera2Betts ?, i remember that one from some banter in sfa a few years back.

Just do it😊

I noticed that we lose when I wear Collingwood merch while watching games

We've now won 3 in a row since I stopped wearing Collingwood merch. So basically I don't want to wear Collingwood gear again while watching a game

Trying to avoid name combos for now. More thinking stuff like:

ElleCee (my real first initials).
FloatYourGoat (I do say "whatever floats your goat" a bit).
PieByNight

There's always room for more at the mighty East Side Hawks.
Adelaide2Abbotsford has a good ring to it haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that we lose when I wear Collingwood merch while watching games

We've now won 3 in a row since I stopped wearing Collingwood merch. So basically I don't want to wear Collingwood gear again while watching a game
Nah must be something else probably bad Feng Shui. Move your Television 2cm to the north west and put a pot plant next to it. Failing that buy all the opposition team merchandise and wear that while draping the Tele with ours😀👍

Titch played one of his best games for us. Just watch the number of times he either got the ball out of nowhere to our advantage, or just killed it. It was supreme footy intelligence. He is a genius.
I’m amazed how much his body gets punished and he just gets straight up.
Just unbelievable.

We've had some great small forwards in my supporting time, but Bobby he is something else.

The way he brings others into the game is also great.

Everytime he gets the pill it looks like something is about to happen.

from my Delorean

We've had some great small forwards in my supporting time, but Bobby he is something else.

from my Delorean
Forwards aren't exactly known for their selflessness. It's so refreshing & enjoyable to watch.

Even though I have to admit, my heart was in my throat a couple of times, as I thought we were going to fluff it.

from my Delorean
Might be the most agile player I've ever seen

You must be a young'un then because LOTS of players from the 50's-80's could match if not better Buck's supposed "exceptional kicking skills". Colin Tully, Twiggy Dunne, Doug Gott, Barry Price, Greening, right through to the magician himself Peter Daicos. Daics was a better kick than Bucks (who YES had a cannon on both sides) but Daicos could easily match Buck's distance on either peg and had a range of kicks that Buck's simply never displayed.
You can have the oldies, but I'd argue that none of them would have had the versatility that Bucks had.

Daicos was the only one I'd consider putting in the same conversation as Buckley, mainly because he could literally do anything with the ball. I watched his entire career and he's still my favourite player. No question.

Daicos changed the game with the magic of his boot, but most of that was goal kicking. And yes, I know his field kicking was great.

Buckley, however, changed the game with pinpoint field kicking. He was the precursor to the current game, hitting leading targets at will on both sides with both 15m and 60m drop punts, and everything in between.

You can have the oldies, but I'd argue that none of them would have had the versatility that Bucks had.

Daicos was the only one I'd consider putting in the same conversation as Buckley, mainly because he could literally do anything with the ball. I watched his entire career and he's still my favourite player. No question.

Daicos changed the game with the magic of his boot, but most of that was goal kicking. And yes, I know his field kicking was great.

Buckley, however, changed the game with pinpoint field kicking. He was the precursor to the current game, hitting leading targets at will on both sides with both 15m and 60m drop punts, and everything in between.
And yet, bizarrely, barely converted 50% of his shots on goal. Always find it interesting when undeniably great field kicks are average kicks for goal & vice versa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back