Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree wholeheartedly. I get the feeling Fly prefers this structure to going after that tall KPF, spending lots on someone who “may” be a decent chop out in the ruck. I think those players are pretty rare and with intercepting, leaving your man to help out, zones and blocking the norm nowadays harder for them to kick bags. It’s a point of difference that other teams seem to struggle with and possibly why we aren’t going for the young KPF but rather young ruckmen who can play forward. I often think if we got that desired KPF who I would be dropping from our structure. Also as a short a.. I’m loving having more smalls causing havoc. Probably overthinking things but it’s working well at the moment.
Joe Daniher is an example of a forward who is handy in the ruck.
He can be a bit flaky, but when he's on he's very good.

I don’t often get to the game but I managed to yesterday. I went with my brother, and we were getting nervous in Q1, but he was “oddly confident” (in his own words) that we’d win. He’s not usually a yardstick for omens/predictions but glad he was this time!

I’ve never experienced such a comeback live before. Everyone could sense it might be on though towards the end of Q1, and they made us wait a bit of the way through Q2 before it was confirmed. Seemed like the spark was putting Nick in the centre.

Re: the last quarter, I thought we looked a little flat footed. I suspect we might have been preserving our energy given the 5 day break before ANZAC Day. I think the strategy would’ve been more visibly vindicated if we weren’t missing so many gettable shots on goal.

Not really being negative, would have been good to nail those "easy ones". I remember early in the 4th, looked like we couldn't kick a goal, it was behind after behind and felt we were getting more defensive, i was having flashbacks of the Hawks game, luckly we ripped the game away from them. TBH after the 1st quarter, Port had no chance, definitely in the 4th, but i couldn't help think back to the Hawks game though.
There was definitely a different approach to the hawks game and the intent was to run away with it not shut it down. So whether we won by 40 or 60 it doesn’t matter, it’s the mindset that matters rather than the execution, and that clearly is an improvement on last start

Joe Daniher is an example of a forward who is handy in the ruck.
He can be a bit flaky, but when he's on he's very good.
True. Hawkins is handy in the forward line, gets away with more holding than your average ruck though. I guess I feel we lose less with our current set up where a ruck slides forward tactically or to give a Mihocek a chop out than say Brisbane do when Daniher leaves the forward line to ruck.

After that performance, I'm excited to see what the remainder of the season brings, now it's been clearly shown that their best is still there and more and more is starting to burst through the surface.

Not really accurate at all tbh. We clawed a couple back in the first, but Port were well on top until about halfway through the second. That’s when we really kicked in to gear and they had no answers.
Disagree entirely. Those two goals late in the first were game changers. They weren’t against the tide, rather they were quite typical Collingwood goals and sent us into quarter time with the Port lead in check. Kicked 16-19 to 6-6 after the 23 minute mark of the first quarter which says it all. Apart from two consecutive goals early in the second and fourth quarters , where Collingwood responded quite soon after, Port never had control of the game after that 23 minute Mead goal.

Disagree entirely. Those two goals late in the first were game changers. They weren’t against the tide, rather they were quite typical Collingwood goals and sent us into quarter time with the Port lead in check. Kicked 16-19 to 6-6 after the 23 minute mark of the first quarter which says it all. Apart from two consecutive goals early in the second and fourth quarters , where Collingwood responded quite soon after, Port never had control of the game after that 23 minute Mead goal.
You’re welcome to your opinion even if it’s wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She already has.
Just waiting for the SFA season to end, then the name and club support change will be incoming. Tossing several new name ideas in the air - waiting for the right one to fall out of the sky and hit me square in the head.

Just waiting for the SFA season to end, then the name and club support change will be incoming. Tossing several new name ideas in the air - waiting for the right one to fall out of the sky and hit me square in the head.
Naicos2Jaicos ? :)

Was busy yesterday so didn't get to watch, having a squizz at the replay of the first quarter now. Right from the first bounce the commentators box barracking hard against us. Poor blokes must have been so dejected after the 73 point turn around. :$

I hear Tarkyn_25 is still available

Naicos2Jaicos ? :)
Trying to avoid name combos for now. More thinking stuff like:

ElleCee (my real first initials).
FloatYourGoat (I do say "whatever floats your goat" a bit).
PieByNight

If anyone else is interested in playing our silly little imaginary football game alongside Rankine2Rachele , let me (or us) know via PM :p
There's always room for more at the mighty East Side Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back