Didaka Award - R6 - Collingwood V Port

Remove this Banner Ad

5 - WHE
4 - Cameron
3 - Naicos
2 - DeGoey
1 - Hill

Lipinski very stiff not to get in the votes, but Bobby's score involvements and how he made the opposition s**t their pants every time he got the ball (or when they got it and thought he was nearby) created all sorts of opportunities for us.

Titch also very stiff to miss, did a lot of the grunt work in and under and brought his best Bobby Boucher impression with him yesterday. Our midfield in general really turned the screws on the opposition after the 20 minute mark of the first quarter, despite the commentators (Dwayne Russell in particular) feverishly pumping up their tyres for the full 120 minutes and not giving up until we kicked those couple of goals in the last couple of minutes of the game.

Could have also slipped Bruzz in there he was a rock for us down back. Moore better than he has been too and had some big wins even when outnumbered. Frampton and Howe did their jobs as well, although they did get a bit lost on a few occasions.

Overall every single player in black and white made important contributions at different points of the game and it was really nice to see a full team effort to the point where I couldn't say anyone had a legitimately bad game, which is a really nice change of pace.

4 goals Lippa should fit in somewhere in the votes.

5 - WHE
4 - Cameron
3 - Naicos
2 - DeGoey
1 - Hill

Lipinski very stiff not to get in the votes, but Bobby's score involvements and how he made the opposition s**t their pants every time he got the ball (or when they got it and thought he was nearby) created all sorts of opportunities for us.

Titch also very stiff to miss, did a lot of the grunt work in and under and brought his best Bobby Boucher impression with him yesterday. Our midfield in general really turned the screws on the opposition after the 20 minute mark of the first quarter, despite the commentators (Dwayne Russell in particular) feverishly pumping up their tyres for the full 120 minutes and not giving up until we kicked those couple of goals in the last couple of minutes of the game.

Could have also slipped Bruzz in there he was a rock for us down back. Moore better than he has been too and had some big wins even when outnumbered. Frampton and Howe did their jobs as well, although they did get a bit lost on a few occasions.

Overall every single player in black and white made important contributions at different points of the game and it was really nice to see a full team effort to the point where I couldn't say anyone had a legitimately bad game, which is a really nice change of pace.
I think it was a difficult game to vote on, but for the life of me, Lipinski with 4 goals, had to get at least one vote and yes, it had to be at the expense of Bobby.

I think it was a difficult game to vote on, but for the life of me, Lipinski with 4 goals, had to get at least one vote and yes, it had to be at the expense of Bobby.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but with all due respect debating others' opinions that don't align with your own isn't what we're here for in this thread.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but with all due respect debating others' opinions that don't align with your own isn't what we're here for in this thread.
FWIW I thought Lipinski had a great game, but really his best goal was the (contested?) mark where he made and found space forty out. One he got on the end of a chain where there were probably two others before him that could’ve got on the board themselves but gave it off to the surer thing.

Relative to that, Hill a number of times won contests that he has no right to win; and his creativity and unselfishness directly created as many goals as Lipinski scored himself. As good as Pat was, on a whole of game influence and not just having regard the stats sheet I absolutely have Bobby ahead so can understand how others might too.

WHE the fire starter was purely inspirational and hugely effective, Hill materialised so many opportunities out of thin air, Cox with some huge marks and terrific contest around the ground and JDG with his bull like influence all for mine but their stamp on the game far more influentially than Lipinski.

5 - WHE
4 - Bobby
3 - Nick
2 - Lippa
1 - Cameron

Honerable mention: Cox's glove
Jordy played well but DE was low so just outside the 5 for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back