Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

What I love is how other sides are now giving them some attention and trying to play two rucks as well, which messes up their own structure.

Really important we stick with this set up. It works for us and others are finding it hard to match.
yes. we are fortunate that Cox isn't that ruckman (he can be 1st or 2nd) who is stationary on the forward line like most ruckman that play down there. He plays like a dangerous key forward and can take contested marks.

But not in Kicking ability.
I don't think I've seen anyone who matches Buckley's all round kicking ability. Short, long, flat, high all with incredible accuracy and consistency (especially relative to his peers)

Only thing he couldn't do was a Daicos/Blight torpedo, but he kicked his drop punt 65+

Mug doesn’t work this year

This year it seems that anytime I wear Collingwood merch watching games we lose

So for the last 3 weeks I haven’t worn any of my Collingwood merch and we’ve won

Too scared to put any of my stuff on now lol

Had a scarf once that brought the same amount of bad luck … threw it away after 10 consecutive losses when wearing it ….

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cannot believe that after quarter time, we kicked 14.17 to 6.6. That was an absolute massacre.
I think l overrated Port, like most people, but l doubt they're a genuine top 4 side. I think we got fooled a little by Port, but when you consider they had already played 4 games in Adelaide this season, you can understand their early season form. Today was their test, and they failed miserably. On the road, they can still be dominated.

Port is a good side, physically imposing with some guns on their list. They've played exceptional footy in Adelaide and their first quarter yesterday was strong.

It would be unfair to label them overrated in the same way it would have been inaccurate to assert that the Pies are done after their loss to the Saints.

It's an even comp and a long season. Yesterday's game revealed more about Collingwood than Port i.e. at the G on their day the Pies are a force.

How Port will bounce back from this will tell us quite a bit about their constitution.

Last edited:
Had a wonderful first day at the footy with my 2yo. Loved the attacking gameplay, gave us the opportunity to celebrate many, many goals (Bobby you superstar!). Realise not every footygoing experience will be like this, because kids can be challenging and Collingwood even moreso, but it was such a great day.

Thanks Pies!

It was like Cox borrowed one of Cloke’s. Like the 2018 prelim I knew he was one when he clunked one early.
How many times have the pitchforks come for Cox in his career. It's often said NEVER AGAIN, but people need to learn their lesson cause he always comes back and proves the doubters wrong more than any other player I can remember for Collingwood.

Last edited:
Hyphen kept us in the game early when we were getting towelled up - a great game from him.
As for Bobby:
View attachment 1965207

I had Bobby anchoring three multi bets to kick two goals. I went the early crow at least four times at the game. People laughing at me then four minutes to go subbed off lmao. Why Bobby? Gifted three in the goal square haha. I had to laugh.

I still won two other multis as I needed Naicos as an anchor to get 30 possession’s. That was not looking good at half time. Geez he played a blinder in the second half.

Alls well idiot bookmakers had reigning premiers $10 the flag last week haha. Here we go.

Go Pies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mug doesn’t work this year

This year it seems that anytime I wear Collingwood merch watching games we lose

So for the last 3 weeks I haven’t worn any of my Collingwood merch and we’ve won

Too scared to put any of my stuff on now lol
It is funny, happens to me too.

No Collingwood merc. although there is a bit of B & W in what I wear.

I don't think I've seen anyone who matches Buckley's all round kicking ability. Short, long, flat, high all with incredible accuracy and consistency (especially relative to his peers)

Only thing he couldn't do was a Daicos/Blight torpedo, but he kicked his drop punt 65+

You must be a young'un then because LOTS of players from the 50's-80's could match if not better Buck's supposed "exceptional kicking skills". Colin Tully, Twiggy Dunne, Doug Gott, Barry Price, Greening, right through to the magician himself Peter Daicos. Daics was a better kick than Bucks (who YES had a cannon on both sides) but Daicos could easily match Buck's distance on either peg and had a range of kicks that Buck's simply never displayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Driving to the game, SEN were talking about how Ports midfield were gonna "tear us apart", maybe in the 1st quarter and we did look ordinary, but boy did we turn it around, when the scores were even near the end of the 2nd, i couldn't believe it, it just happened so quick.

JDG and Naicos were absolute stars, i'm always amazed at Naicos' ability to run and run and still kick the ball with such accuracy.

WHE, JFN, Bobby, Titch, Lippa, Moore, Cox, Cameron, the glove glove all stand outs. (there are other I have definitely missed.)

It was frustrating kicking so many behinds, we really should of buried them. But 1 point, 100 points?!?!?! a wins, a win.

Well done boys, getting back to our best.

Driving to the game, SEN were talking about how Ports midfield were gonna "tear us apart", maybe in the 1st quarter and we did look ordinary, but boy did we turn it around, when the scores were even near the end of the 2nd, i couldn't believe it, it just happened so quick.

JDG and Naicos were absolute stars, i'm always amazed at Naicos' ability to run and run and still kick the ball with such accuracy.

WHE, JFN, Bobby, Titch, Lippa, Moore, Cox, Cameron, the glove glove all stand outs. (there are other I have definitely missed.)

It was frustrating kicking so many behinds, we really should of buried them. But 1 point, 100 points?!?!?! a wins, a win.

Well done boys, getting back to our best.

Re the behinds I reckon there were a lot of rushed or low percentage shots on goal there. I don’t think they missed too many sitters.

And I reckon we DID bury them. Apart from giving them a six goal head start, the two consecutive goals they kicked early in the last quarter were the only time we were challenged. They never really got close.

Re the behinds I reckon there were a lot of rushed or low percentage shots on goal there. I don’t think they missed too many sitters.

And I reckon we DID bury them. Apart from giving them a six goal head start, the two consecutive goals they kicked early in the last quarter were the only time we were challenged. They never really got close.
Daicos x 2, McCreery, Mitchell, Mihocek & Schultz all missed easy ones from memory. Even if we go 50% better on those, it's a 10 goal win

Daicos x 2, McCreery, Mitchell, Mihocek & Schultz all missed easy ones from memory. Even if we go 50% better on those, it's a 10 goal win

Reckon you’re being a little negative there but yep left a couple on the table which is always a good thing to know there’s improvement. Similarly some of the goals Port scored in q1 by port were low percentage shots that sailed through anyway

Reckon you’re being a little negative there but yep left a couple on the table which is always a good thing to know there’s improvement. Similarly some of the goals Port scored in q1 by port were low percentage shots that sailed through anyway
Think the general point we agree on is that the scoreline flattered the Power a bit. After the 1st quarter it was a complete drubbing

Not really being negative, would of been good to nail those "easy ones". I remember early in the 4th, looked like we couldn't kick a goal, it was behind after behind and felt we were getting more defensive, i was having flashbacks of the Hawks game, luckly we ripped the game away from them. TBH after the 1st quarter, Port had no chance, definitely in the 4th, but i couldn't help think back to the Hawks game though.

Big shout out to Mitchell with 10 tackles and a few times put his body on the line.

Still plenty left there for him.
He did a lot of work that will not end up on the stat sheet… diving into the middle of packs just to knock it out clear to a teammate etc

What I love is how other sides are now giving them some attention and trying to play two rucks as well, which messes up their own structure.

Really important we stick with this set up. It works for us and others are finding it hard to match.
Agree wholeheartedly. I get the feeling Fly prefers this structure to going after that tall KPF, spending lots on someone who “may” be a decent chop out in the ruck. I think those players are pretty rare and with intercepting, leaving your man to help out, zones and blocking the norm nowadays harder for them to kick bags. It’s a point of difference that other teams seem to struggle with and possibly why we aren’t going for the young KPF but rather young ruckmen who can play forward. I often think if we got that desired KPF who I would be dropping from our structure. Also as a short a.. I’m loving having more smalls causing havoc. Probably overthinking things but it’s working well at the moment.

After the first half of the first quarter to be more accurate!
Not really accurate at all tbh. We clawed a couple back in the first, but Port were well on top until about halfway through the second. That’s when we really kicked in to gear and they had no answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back