Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I was bemoaning early how Nick looked off the boil, then he flicked a switch. That second half from him was absolutely immense. Having he and Jordy both playing good footy makes such a massive difference to the way our team operates.

Shout out to Lippa, WHE and Cox. All played fantastic games.
Nick and Jordy showed the hype on Butters and Rozee can settle down for a while

That game was powerful. One of those games where you give thanks for being a Pies supporter. So much love in the crowd.

But it wasn’t perfect. There were times when we toyed with Port, we tormented them. I’f wed been less cute, and more ruthless, we could have won by plenty more.

But an emphatic win. We are back with a vengeance.

I'm willing to bet there are some quality melts during the first half there.
Definitely some less than happy campers early on - but football's such a crazy sport, the yo-yoing from devastated to elated can happen quickly.

Our defence of kick ins by Port from our points was atrocious. Hopefully can fix before Thurs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was such a good win.

I've seen enough now to know that if we make the 8 we can win the flag, even from outside the top 4.

WHE quite literally the inspiration, Jordy's physical presence across all 4 qtrs was huge and Nick was an architect of Gaudi-eske proportions from halfway through the 2nd.

We were 4 or 5 goals down and Fly was standing beside the bench laughing with Bobby. This team could become even more special than it already is.

Is Bobby the best teammate OF ALL TIME?

I cannot believe that after quarter time, we kicked 14.17 to 6.6. That was an absolute massacre.
I think l overrated Port, like most people, but l doubt they're a genuine top 4 side. I think we got fooled a little by Port, but when you consider they had already played 4 games in Adelaide this season, you can understand their early season form. Today was their test, and they failed miserably. On the road, they can still be dominated.

Bobby
giphy.gif

Mitchell & JDG were absolutely enormous.
After qtr time they absolutely dominated.
Jordy just barged through and constantly allowed teammates to get the ball. Whether he touched it or not, he took everyone out.
Mitchell owned the inside….one of the more dominant inside displays I’ve seen in a while. He Was unbelievable.

Once we decided to stop fumbling, it’s amazing how the game turned.
Port only owned us in the first because we fumbled everything out to them on the outside. Once this stopped (about 5mins to go in the first)….it became one way traffic.

They are down 2 runners at least and constantly play players in the wrong spots.
They’ll be good at home and woeful when the heat comes (like last year).
Was surprised how easily they gave up.

Best bit is Dons won’t be happy with us having almost 40 shots….going to cause them some concerns ahead of Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back