Review Round 7 = Essendon 85-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one that feels Collingwood can’t mark s**t in the air? Every game I watch our players get outmarked constantly. Or when they chase and cause the opposition to fumble or drop the ball somehow the opposition consistently manages to get it out and onwards anyways.

The skill has just dropped wayyyy off from 2023.
The highlighted bit was doing my head in. I'm glad someone else also noticed because I was thinking it must be just me because no one else is talking about it.

my pics from the game! cheers

full album:

special parade for me this year, our good friend Peter was honoured

Howe gets beheaded...

looks for sympathy....

didnt get any!

SPENT

how we all watched the goal kicking in the last minutes!

well done kid!

Darcy checks he's ok

cheers!

my pics from the game! cheers

full album:

special parade for me this year, our good friend Peter was honoured

Howe gets beheaded...

looks for sympathy....

didnt get any!

SPENT

how we all watched the goal kicking in the last minutes!

well done kid!

Darcy checks he's ok

cheers!
great shots as always, shame you didn’t get the Elliott mark, it would’ve been exquisite timing

The highlighted bit was doing my head in. I'm glad someone else also noticed because I was thinking it must be just me because no one else is talking about it.
I agree with both of you. I was screaming stop bombing it in, for one thing we are really down an experienced tall each end and it’s killing us. For me the team look exhausted physically and mentally. 2 tough seasons, a huge rush, a lot straight back in the gym, early season start, travelling and three games in 12 days, now 2 in 6. I noticed in my pics the usual run with safety net team has dropped off, lagging, or even watching, they look buggered to me. Q is huge, but he still has to sprint.

As part of my vocabulary improvement mission, I'm going to pinch the word unhinged but I also think it's unwarranted
At times on this very site word use is unnecessarily unfathomable and almost unstable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed this is true but last year was plenty without him and still won. Including the GF. I think the biggest loss to our team and structure is Murphy.
Agree, both of them coming back in the leadup to Finals would make us play 2-rungs higher than we are on the ladder. To give McStay his credit though he played in both the QF and PF and I'm pretty confident in hindsight that we wouldn't have won those games without his impact or at least presence. And for that reason I think he is arguably the key to us going back-to-back come September. As Fly says, just need to qualify and let everything else fall into place.

So I tend to watch for team actions and players that impact rather than look at stats.

So do I as well as add stats in for context.

Hence I rate Beau Mc's work highly.

I also think sometimes people can be too wrapped up in a player just harassing or running lines and not actually impacting with it (great effort not impact).

Also some people have too much stock and focus on defensive acts and under rate the impact a clean player who has score board actually provides.

A timely goal can settle the team, break opposition momentum, start your run, etc
Sure defensive parts of the game are important but equally if you can't score it's no good.

It was a fantastic game. The pressure was enormous most of the game and the players felt that heat. If you were there and still think that was a fumbly, mistake riddled game I don't have much faith in your judgement. Pressure leads to mistakes. Why did Beau fumble that gimme in the goal square? Referred pressure and an anxiety to kick the goal before he had the pill.

When some of our best are fumbling and turning the pill over there is usually a good reason.
If you enjoy fumble ball I question your judgement. These players are paid to deliver at the highest level. There's nothing better in sport than watching champions clutch moments under pressure. It's how we won the flag last year. Skills wise it was an average game on ANZAC day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back