VFL Round 3 Carlton v Collingwood 2.05pm Sunday 14th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Although if ladder position determines our draft position, a few more losses could see us better placed to land him.
Not sure if I'm excited about the idea of tanking to pick up a delisted guy who we had the option of signing 2 months ago.

Not sure if I'm excited about the idea of tanking to pick up a delisted guy who we had the option of signing 2 months ago.
I wasn't suggesting excitement as the desired reaction to sitting on the bottom of the ladder nor would I want us to tank to pick up Long. But the glass half full part of me doesn't have much difficulty envisaging a number of losses ahead of us. I know you are optimistic about our chances this year, and I wish I shared your short term hope, but I don't.

Although if ladder position determines our draft position, a few more losses could see us better placed to land him.
Yup, and depends who has spots available below us too.

so lets see

Roos: 2
Carlton: 2.
Essendon: 1.
Footscray: 1.
Brisbane: 2.
Tigers: 1
Crows: 1
Freo: 1 (could open up another)
Hawks: 1
GC: 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to have had two pretty ordinary games for Norwood so far. He’d need to a lot, but never say never. Our current KPF took time
I don’t think he’ll be redrafted unless he starts starring more. He has some handy skills and wouldn’t be the worst KPP on the list.

I wasn't suggesting excitement as the desired reaction to sitting on the bottom of the ladder nor would I want us to tank to pick up Long. But the glass half full part of me doesn't have much difficulty envisaging a number of losses ahead of us. I know you are optimistic about our chances this year, and I wish I shared your short term hope, but I don't.

I know that you didn't say that, but I live in perpetual fear of tanking calls. I think the best thing about the Schultz trade is that's stopped a chorus of calls for us to tank. I would love us to get high up in the MSD though to get access to the next Carmichael.

I can't believe we're tanking for Ned Long
I'd approach Freo. Give us your second round pick and we'll turn our future first into a top 5 pick. Then tank the beejesus out of the rest of the year - Long and pick 35 and the rebuild will be done - as long as we continue tanking.

“Players who have been delisted by their clubs have the freedom to join any rival that offers them a contract during these two periods, avoiding the need to enter the draft”

My understanding of Long is he can just accept a contract if we offer him one at the end of the season. The same as when stengle nominated Geelong

There’s a lot to play out obviously. He’s got decent attributes but needs to have a big season
That's true, but I'm not sure he could have been more impressive so far to be honest.

The media are def giving Long a lot of airtime.

If his current form continues I’d certainly hope we are in his ear about forgoing the 6month contract in the MSD in which he could be forced to move interstate, for a guaranteed spot next season with us given his delisted status.

There’s some work we can do behind the scenes im sure. Unfortunately we can’t offer him a discounted property at Torquay like some

I'm fairly sure he can nominate for the MSD with an 18 month term. Or put a dollar figure on top of that like Newcombe.

But yes unfortunately we can't be offering acreage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back