VFL VFL Round 5 v Essendon. Saturday April 27. 2:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost clearances again. So my point stands. We aren’t fixing clearance issues with those playing 2’s
How many clearances did the individuals within that team get?
Looking at the numbers both Macrae and Sullivan had strong days
They shared for double digit clearances combined to go with 50 touches and 2 goals between them too.

We aren’t fixing issues by having senior players recording 3 touches in matches and keeping their spots.

They shared for double digit clearances combined to go with 50 touches and 2 goals between them too.

We aren’t fixing issues by having senior players recording 3 touches in matches and keeping their spots.
I get we have issues at clearances, but everyone just keeps saying play the kids. But in a realistic setting macrae and Sullivan are not going to come in and fix those if we are still losing them at vfl lvl as well. Macrae struggled in the Brisbane game more than any of our current mids, and Sullivan is unproven at best.

Given we are 3-3 and a draw I’m not in play the kids territory, unless there’s someone who could improve us. As it stands I don’t think there is.

We are bound to get injuries, there will be plenty of opportunities then

The question is, do we want those 2 up against Walsh and the Gangbanger?. I hope we throw a spanner in the works and play McCreery in the guts and even JFN. Carlton will be expecting the usual midfield. It might get us off to a good start for a change

Lol that’s why we are continuing to accept sub standard performances
You need to have selection integrity ..we have clearance issues all year and we have 2 guys in the VFL doing what we are screaming out for in that area of the ground.

If we don’t start to make the hard calls, we will sit here and waste the entire season

I believe we have selection integrity, you don’t for some reason. I’ll back the selectors over both our opinions.

Bombers 2 key mids (Hately & Tsatas) had 70 disposals (+20), 14 clearances (+3), and a goal (-1) relative to Macrae and Sullivan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see a single minute of this one unfortunately, but it looks like Wil Parker didn't back it up strongly? A little surprised they played him 6 days after playing his first game in 5 years, but anyway... low stats and literally not mentioned here once. Did he play a full game?

Didn't see a single minute of this one unfortunately, but it looks like Wil Parker didn't back it up strongly? A little surprised they played him 6 days after playing his first game in 5 years, but anyway... low stats and literally not mentioned here once. Did he play a full game?
I still think he had limited minutes. He’s a development prospect so not worrying too much.

He had plenty of friends mate. Very few played well.

They had better around them. You can't really shred into Macrae for his performance or Sullivan for that matter.

I wasn’t shredding anyone, thought both Macrae and Sullivan had very good games. HFF asked the question, I gave him the answer. Keep up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back