VFL VFL Round 5 v Essendon. Saturday April 27. 2:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

That's harsh, it sounds like you knew the answer to your statement before you even made it. first game off limited pre season and still a baby, sounds like you just needed to have a dig at him
Kappa is often not necessarily wrong. He’s just very blunt 😂. He did struggle, but being his first ever vfl game and coming off a long injury, don’t think anyone expected him to dominate. He needs to get back “touch”, confidence and actually learn our game plan during a match. A month or so and he will be better for it

Kappa is often not necessarily wrong. He’s just very blunt 😂. He did struggle, but being his first ever vfl game and coming off a long injury, don’t think anyone expected him to dominate. He needs to get back “touch”, confidence and actually learn our game plan during a match. A month or so and he will be better for it
I completely agree but something along the lines of, "he's a first year player who has just come back from injury for his first game" would have been the civil response. I just love the, "he struggled" response, it's like Duh

Given how often I have been wrong about players in the VFL you should approach this with caution, but I actually liked what I saw with Demattia. Got back and defended well against bigger opponents saving goals a couple of times, made himself available on the rebound and was very vocal on the field both offensively and defensively.

I completely agree but something along the lines of, "he's a first year player who has just come back from injury for his first game" would have been the civil response. I just love the, "he struggled" response, it's like Duh

Someone who didn't watch the game asked how he played and I gave the accurate answer and you're complaining.

Someone who didn't watch the game asked how he played and I gave the accurate answer and you're complaining.
manicpie is not like us, unable to see the horizon for the black clouds and smog that besmirch our vision. He lives in a land of constant sunshine, a fairly-land of dappled tinsel and bright gay colours, where life is a kaleidoscope of hope and joy, of dancing patterns forming and unforming, of premiership flags furling and unfurling in a light breeze upon which he and his fellow inhabitants commute on magic carpets from success to success.

Where manic feels totally consumed by optimism and positivity, we are weighed down by negativity and darkness. In short, we are sad, pitiable creatures devoid of the kind of qualities required of the 'through thick and thin football supporters' that are the pick of our kind. We do the thick part OK but pull up short when the thinner bits are sent to test us.

So a player who to you is struggling is to Manic a youngster full of promise. It's all a matter of perception. Where you and I may predict a loss of 10-15 goals, Manic and his ilk instead believe that victory is there for the taking. We are dinosaurs from an age that has been consigned to the past. Manic represents a rare breed of supporter for whom every injury and hiccup is a shallow puddle to be stepped around or over, while for us, each setback strengthens the current against which we are swimming, carrying us over the edge and onto the rocks below.

Carlton to win easily is my prediction.

Last edited:
Well they say a week is a long time in football, and here is a case in point. Markov was excellent last week. Dominated in the VFL like an AFL standard player should with 27 disposals; but one not so stellar game, and now is about done apparently :rolleyes:
Where did you get the 27 disposals from? Here are the stats for the game.

2024-05-02_190647.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back