Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's still so young/inexperienced and I still have hope, but starting to worry about Phillipou.

Seen a few say he was good tonight, but I'm not so sure. Doesn't seem to be getting any better with more games played.. I reckon his first 5 games were his best.

Isn't winning much of the ball, whenever he gets it he refuses to kick it and usually spins into oncoming traffic or handballs to a stationery teammate. For a big guy he's also quite weak in contest as well.

I think he desperately needs a spell playing 100% midfield in VFL to get a bit of confidence back.
100% agree, looks lost in the guts. Give him a run in the VFL to sharpen his skills against lesser opposition and give Owens more of a run in the middle in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-5 - Seasons cooked when we have Freo, Melbourne, Brisbane away, Port again, Adelaide away, Sydney, Carlton, Essendon & Geelong all to come

We're going nowhere fast so get the kids playing footy and move on Jones, Seb, Clark, Byrnes, Hayes, Howard, Membrey just those absolute vanilla nothing players taking us nowhere fast while racking up AFL games.

Wilson having more posessions than Byrnes, Steele, Ross, Hill & Stocker is a clear showing that we need to get young blood in quickly and get them game ready before they get turned into the Richo archtype of a scared dump kick down the line plodder

That’s BS
The list is paper thin missing key players and we have no depth to cover any injuries
Midfield is bottom 4 quality
Was the coaching and game plan shyte against Pies?
Was it shyte when we kicked 5 or 6 in 15 minutes against GWS?
It’s shyte cause the talent on the park can’t execute and don’t have the skills
Pre game Lyon said - against Dogs we tried to go too fast, and don’t have the capability to pull it off.
Have a look how slick Port moved the footy from inside to outside ….while our dumb players all got sucked into the contest….time and again…that’s not coaching that’s dumb players….
So we are executing poorly on game day, but it definitely has nothing to do with coaching? Got it.

GWS stopped because they thought the game was done, we were never in it. We were good against an out of form Pies. 1 good game in 7 weeks.

Some of our stoppage work tonight was comical. Regularly allow multiple Port players out the back with 20 metres of space.

We look like a disorganised rabble with no flair right now. Coaches have to wear that.

Lost 4 of 5 games by 11 points or less with 1/3 of our best 22 injured. Some playing are underdone. Umpiring has been shocking against in tight finishes. I can't see how you can justify saying we will finish bottom 6.
3 of those 4 we were never really in it, and the scoreboard massively flattered us.

Could easily say we could have lost to Tigers and Pies as well. Tigers dominated most of the game. Pies game was the most favourable umpiring I can remember us ever receiving.

Could easily be 0-7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back