Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanganeen Milera is one of our best usually. He's had a bad couple of weeks and unusually messy. I think we'll finish bottom 6 this season. It's getting away from us and our momentum is spluttering. Best thing for us.
Weird thing is though, with the next 3 games winnable, we could be 5w-5l near the midway point.

We’ll be bottom four I think. You can’t compete with anyone half decent when your best case scenario is 10 or 11 goals. North will see us as their grand final next week knowing we’ll keep them in it.
Can't wait.

Will be up there with R11 2009 for mind.

I know he's still so young/inexperienced and I still have hope, but starting to worry about Phillipou.

Seen a few say he was good tonight, but I'm not so sure. Doesn't seem to be getting any better with more games played.. I reckon his first 5 games were his best.

Isn't winning much of the ball, whenever he gets it he refuses to kick it and usually spins into oncoming traffic or handballs to a stationery teammate. For a big guy he's also quite weak in contest as well.

I think he desperately needs a spell playing 100% midfield in VFL to get a bit of confidence back.

Nobody thought we’d have this many injuries, debutants and people returning from injury at this point either.

We are one of the fittest teams around. The industry knows this, yet you don’t.

We have one of the best modern coaches around. The industry knows this, yet you don’t.

The earth is round, the industry knows this - what say you?

Just trying to gauge what you are like with the last question.
So why does someone like Riley bonner go for a kick on the defensive 50 with a 1 on 3 -why does dougal do a blind handball back over his head 20 meters out-why do we continuely hand ball to others under pressure -why do we refuse to punch when we cannot take the mark-this 101 stuff

I know he's still so young/inexperienced and I still have hope, but starting to worry about Phillipou.

Seen a few say he was good tonight, but I'm not so sure. Doesn't seem to be getting any better with more games played.. I reckon his first 5 games were his best.

Isn't winning much of the ball, whenever he gets it he refuses to kick it and usually spins into oncoming traffic or handballs to a stationery teammate. For a big guy he's also quite weak in contest as well.

I think he desperately needs a spell playing 100% midfield in VFL to get a bit of confidence back.
Our development coaching has sucked cargo-trains of dicks since the mid-90s, but yay, Max King, amiright?

Hard to fault the effort and coaching in that game. Clearly outclassed but still well in the game in the last quarter.

Forward pressure still an issue and some poor decision making but they had a fair crack which is what most people need to stay interested.
Pretty much this. Their mids are in a different class to ours and it was the difference.

Been saying it for about 3 quaters of his career at this point but he needs a stint in the VFL. Needs to be the main man again.

It's so depressing but we actually need a top 5 pick badddddd..... if we don't get some more blue chippers in before the draft concessions begin our next decade is going to be grimmmmmm.

Play Schoey, Hastie and Kluesner plz.

We're getting 0 from Seb, Jones and Doug

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine. So maybe we can get the next Harley Reid.

Missed most of the game, was there something about a Higgins tackle on Allie Allir? Is he in trouble?

I reckon Smillie is the closest but probably goes pick 1. Jagga Smirth, Moraes, O'Sullivan and Draper all look like gun mids too. It's a good year to shit the bed.

Wood is a fit bugger so hopefully he can come straight back in next game, &, also bring in Collard, Dow, Hayes, King, Schoenmaker, Webster.
Cordy, Howard & Stocker can make way then take your pick of the rest.

So why does someone like Riley bonner go for a kick on the defensive 50 with a 1 on 3 -why does dougal do a blind handball back over his head 20 meters out-why do we continuely hand ball to others under pressure -why do we refuse to punch when we cannot take the mark-this 101 stuff
Bonner is absolute trash. We're going nowhere with him in our team....

A better effort tonight compared to last week but once again our skills let us down, too many turnovers and our tackling was poor.

The umpires screwed us big time as you expect interstate, good sides can overcome that though and we aren't good enough yet.

Wilson was a big positive for me tonight, once again he was one of our best players, we need to keep drafting more kids like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back