Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Here’s a radical idea, rather than waiting for our young mids to become world beaters overnight, let’s get Dow, Stocker into the middle, add 1 or more older and experienced mids..They don’t have to be super stars, just the likes of Andrew Thompson, Stephen Powell will do.. Otherwise, our young players will get smashed from pillar to post and will never reach their potential.

Great analysis on the Armchair Experts from Four Eyes and Burger Rings Cooney.

None of them or the Ch7 commentators can pronounce Wanganeen Milera properly.

Who’s the guy who looks like a middle age lesbian?

We have 0 presence and impact players in the forward line, King is the only one that does that but chances are he butchers it after taking the mark. Caminiti is never going to be a first option guy, Membrey couldn't catch a cold today.
Cut Caminiti some slack, he’s only 20 and playing in a very tough position. In 2-3 years time he will be a totally different prospect.

Pardon my French but that was ******* bullshit. Still trying to work out what that free to Dixon was for. The rational unbiased view is that you blokes seemed to fumble the ball a lot. Not sure what happened with Steele tonight either, cant recall seeing a worse game from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umps were bad but that doesn't change the fact that it's another "honourable loss" that should have been 6-8 goals. Geelong really should have put us away, GWS put the cue in the rack and if Port hadn't kicked 1.9 or whatever it was we would have been in huge trouble in this one.

Anyone criticising King needs to understand how important he is to our forwards structure. Caminiti is working his ass off and tries so hard but we look listless going forward without King. Membrey's strength was always his surprising agility off a two footed jump and his marking strength against a direct opponent. I think both of these are fading quickly and it's becoming noticeable.

We need something fresh in the midfield because it's gotten stale. Someone last week said we have probably had the worst midfield in the comp for the last 5 years and it is probably right. Steele is great at what he does but is slow and he is not a game breaker like Bont, Trac etc. Dow offers speed and Clark offers elite control under pressure and both will be a welcome addition ASAP just to mix things up.

It's not going to happen overnight with Pou, Windy and Owens so i'm not too worried in that space. Last year Pou was quiet for most of the games but because we were winning he was getting praise for his highlights. When you're losing and expectations are raised suddenly the shine wears off and it's not as exciting. The three of them are being asked to do more then they should because we are competitive and also are dealing with injuries. These games will help them in the long run, they are all still so young.

Wood and Henry will be valuable aswell and we are obviously hurting with both of them out. I am not writing off this season till I see our ideal 22 on the park which shouldn't be too far away, but unfortunately think we are heading for another classic 10th-12th placed finish and a good but not great draft pick. Hopefully we nail it and our young guys keep improving this year.

Didn't see the game but just watched the highlights ... maybe not a true indication but ....

Fk me .... Port's first 4 goals were the most shocking turnovers you will ever witness

Then when we were still in the game the Byrne-Jones mark out of bounds goal was a disgrace... clearly out of bounds .... wtf are these boundary umpires doing??

Then the usual Opposition full forward free kick to Dixon which King would never get sealed it for Port

25 to 10 free kicks against .... really?

And we only lost by 10pts .... 4 losses now against top 8 sides - 10pts or under

With quite a large injury list

Is everyone seriously writing us off or can we do a Carlton like last year?

Wanganeen Milera is one of our best usually. He's had a bad couple of weeks and unusually messy. I think we'll finish bottom 6 this season. It's getting away from us and our momentum is spluttering. Best thing for us.

He's a player who stands out more both in a win or loss because his kicking off half back and skill execution is so important. He has had a couple of soft moments he would like to have back in the last couple of weeks

25 now and consistently gone to games since 5 with my old man. I cycle between drinking the cool aid about our young core with the standards being improved under Ross and thinking it’s just another false dawn.

I guess I should be circumspect like a Ross presser and find the silver lining. It’s certainly a challenge being a saints fan and I’m sure that won’t change. A good mate of mine is a north fan and he’s started to go watch storm with his old man to try and get some enjoyment out of Melbourne live sport. It’s tempting to be honest, even though I don’t really like NRL outside of origin or a final.

In the end I’ll still lurk the forum, google st kilda under news and look for some positives. It doesn’t get easier as time goes on though. In the post draw years as we rebuilt I had confidence in our kids. I have similar confidence now but I wonder if it’s just the same scenario where you see what you want to see and hope for outcomes that will fit your preferred view of the club.

Probably plenty of waffle above, but it does ware on you, even if it’s been waring on me for a shorter time than some of the faithful.

Didn't see the game but just watched the highlights ... maybe not a true indication but ....

Fk me .... Port's first 4 goals were the most shocking turnovers you will ever witness

Then when we were still in the game the Byrne-Jones mark out of bounds goal was a disgrace... clearly out of bounds .... wtf are these boundary umpires doing??

Then the usual Opposition full forward free kick to Dixon which King would never get sealed it for Port

25 to 10 free kicks against .... really?

And we only lost by 10pts .... 4 losses now against top 8 sides - 10pts or under

With quite a large injury list

Is everyone seriously writing us off or can we do a Carlton like last year?
If our injuries sort themselves out - we'll come home with a wet sail and help shape the 8 if nothing else I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back