C: Fiorini, Miller, Clohesy

HF: Lukosius, Day, Jeffrey

F: Humphrey, King, Ainsworth

FOL: Moyle, Rowell, Anderson

I/C: Holman, Johnston, Long, Berry

SUB: Swallow

IN: Fiorini, Swallow, Moyle, Day

OUT: Davies, Rogers, Witts, Walter

Brayden Fiorini and David Swallow are almost locks to come back into the side after being rested for the North Melbourne clash. Bailey Humphrey started as the sub last weekend but should return to the starting line-up to face the Cats. Alex Davies was subbed out against the Kangaroos and might be the unlucky midfielder to make way.

Damien Hardwick has started resting his young guns and could look to do so again with Jake Rogers and Jed Walter, particularly off a short week.

Ned Moyle and Sam Day flew into Darwin on Tuesday, hinting that Jarrod Witts and a key forward – possibly Walter – could be spelled for the Thursday night clash.

GC to win this convincingly. We are bereft of midfield talent, ruck talent, and no Danger, Hawkins and Cameron.
In Darwin against a hungry younger spirited team full of talent in areas we are deficient.

GC to win this convincingly. We are bereft of midfield talent, ruck talent, and no Danger, Hawkins and Cameron.
In Darwin against a hungry younger spirited team full of talent in areas we are deficient.
Wow you could sell ice to eskimos. I hope you’re right. I’m not so convinced. It will be tough to back up last weeks performance off a 5 day break in those conditions.

You might not have been paying attention.

It is a stand alone Thursday night Channel 7 game, with all eyes on the Suns. Kick off to Sir Doug Nicholls round. If we win this, cue all the commentators "best win in their history" lines, sets up a run at finals.

So, you know, all the usual elements for a Flop. The Darwin Debacle rolls off the tongue....

The Suns never ever ever win this type of game. Ever. In our whole 'maximum 10 wins' history.

......so if the Cats lose this, I would start to panic if I were you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I am more optimistic this year than I have ever been that we are on the right path, Geelong could send up their entire VFL team up and I would still consider them favourites for this one.

This absolutely reeks of classic Suns loss, and I haven’t seen anything this year to suggest this failure to show up is behind us.

I would love to come back to this comment and go off about how wrong I was though.

We got one Bodhi Uwland
It was only North but Bodhi showed some good signs. He looked much more comfortable at the level than he had in his previous games, busting through a couple of would-be tacklers, running past to receive a handball, showcasing his powerful leap, and booming kick. He can only get better with more game time.
With Mac, JJ and Bodhi in defence, our backline is just starting to look much stronger on the ground and in the air, as well as providing more drive. All are better kicks than Sam and Charlie (who both also played really well, particularly Collo who is having a good year to date).

It was only North but Bodhi showed some good signs. He looked much more comfortable at the level than he had in his previous games, busting through a couple of would-be tacklers, running past to receive a handball, showcasing his powerful leap, and booming kick. He can only get better with more game time.
With Mac, JJ and Bodhi in defence, our backline is just starting to look much stronger on the ground and in the air, as well as providing more drive. All are better kicks than Sam and Charlie (who both also played really well, particularly Collo who is having a good year to date).

His 3 best games
Sydney 23’ debut, Adelaide 24’ and North Melbourne Darwin all rained/not ideal conditions and he was clean and strong in all 3.

Something in that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back