Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see how walters hand comes up. He is in a lot of pain after attempting a smother on the kick than Banfield marked prior to his last goal. Then when he gets the mark and set shot he pulls his glove off that hand and after the goal a trainer is with him talking about it.

It is the type of thing that can be badly bruised, a tendon thing or a fracture. He was already playing with tape on it under the glove. Probably could do with a rest and it would be better for it to be given time if needed than to push through this time of year.
Just watched him hit 8 threes in a row down at Bendat with that hand - think he will be fine. Wildcats may come knocking

Is Voss a better option back, than Davies ?

Because Voss played a game of Auskick at full back once? Think I’d rather the key defender we’ve been developing for the last 3 years.

I’d have gone with Davies originally over Draper anyway.

Switta doesn’t come in yet. Get his body right..our fwd line succeeded last night.

Amiss in . Draper out.

Rearrange magnets. Jackson to mid and Young goes back.
If we have consistently put Banfield and Omeara back over Young then why would that change now?

Young is a midfielder now, winning the midfield is more important than plugging holes in defense.

As a WAFL watcher, the difference between Davies and Draper was minimal, Draper probably had more bounce out of defense but have we been seeing that at AFL level anyway? Davies probably the better stopper at this point in his career, its a no brainer to bring in Davies for Draper IMO

Richmond surely bring in Samson Ryan this week (9 goals in 4 VFL games), they'll go the triple talls, we will need that extra tall in defense

Even if they don't do that, its better to debut Davies as he is likely going to be needed for the next 5 or so weeks (3 minimum if Draper hammy and then might need WAFL before coming back as he is young)

Richmond surely bring in Samson Ryan this week (9 goals in 4 VFL games), they'll go the triple talls, we will need that extra tall in defense

Who are their key forwards? I've only seen a bit of their games. Lefau looks quite good and is mobile, although someone like Ryan could be a reasonable match up giving away a few cm's.

Who are their key forwards? I've only seen a bit of their games. Lefau looks quite good and is mobile, although someone like Ryan could be a reasonable match up giving away a few cm's.
Balta but got injured, Lynch but got injured

Kosi has been in and out, been terrible

So last week it was Naismith and Lefau, Not sure why Yze doesn't seem to rate Samson Ryan but you'd think he comes in this week

Simpson must stay in even if only as a sub. He is exactly what we have been missing. Speed, skill and class in forward line.

I would rest walters for switta. Give Emmett another week.

Voss will be stiff to miss. Good leads, good pressure, unselfish play. The only way I can see him staying in is if Jackson plays more of a midfield role with JOM or Jonno being dropped.

Drapers replacement will likely be Hughes but would be good to see another debutant in Davies.

Because Voss played a game of Auskick at full back once? Think I’d rather the key defender we’ve been developing for the last 3 years.

I’d have gone with Davies originally over Draper anyway.
100% - Davies has been in good form all the way back to pre-season games and held his own in the Eagles scratchy. Regularly in the best players and not easily beat in one on ones. Davies has been taking some good intercept marks. He has likes of Clark and Ryan that he can feed off to by handball.

Voss did well but I’m sorry he goes out for Amiss. Did his bit and will get further opportunities down the track. Just the same as Davies/Draper will come out when Cox is up and running.

JL has often stated that he believes in developing a player in one position until they are confident in it before adding flexibility and using them in different positions.

I think the pre season is when he likes to build that flexibility into a player and he likes to stick with plans for a player for that whole season. He won’t flip Voss to a different position. No Mark Harvey / Kevin Sheedy surprises. If they need to replace Draper it will be the next defender in. I guess that’s Davies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I’ve already said this twice in different threads but other than “the contest” the number one thing we have been said (by the coach) to need to improve is our connection with the forwards.

Simpson had 1 goal assist and 4 scoring involvements from 6 possessions. His kicking inside 50 was excellent and the one he weighted over the defenders to reach Voss on the far side and the chip to Banfield after taking 30 meters with a bounce were perfect.

He brings what we most need to score more. Pretty much everything else about our game is solid. Pace, dare, vision, decision making & the class to execute is our biggest deficit & he has it all.

Back at the G for a rare game at the home of football

To have big red debut and hopefully coops keeps his spot - it's a pretty big occasion

Can't expect a large tiger army to turn out though which will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Im in the minority but does Switta need to come back? He has not set the world on fire this year. Id rather we brought back Amiss and shuffled the rest
Agree with this if Simpson comes to the bench and Sonny to the sub.
JOM did enough to keep his spot(and I’ve state more than enough that I want him gone)
Amiss in for Voss
Davies in for Draper

I was big on him at Peel last year but after his two games last year, his issues from Peel are coming through, disposal and decision making.

That massive stuff up that he had wasn’t an anomaly, he does 1 or 2 a game where he costs us gimme goals. It’s the lack of forward line class we’ve all been bemoaning the last month.

His pressure and intent is so good it’s enough for now but he absolutely has to fix it and given how he was at Peel, it’s not a sure thing he will
He’s only played 9 games. He’s doing enough defensively so let him work into his forward craft at AFL level.

Out: Draper, Walters.

In: Davies (debut), Switkowski.

JOM to sub, Simpson to start in the 22. Amiss given another week to rest so Voss retains his spot.

He’s only played 9 games. He’s doing enough defensively so let him work into his forward craft at AFL level.

I think there is merit to what you and Snuff are saying here. Given he makes the same mistakes at Peel, in slower games, we can't be sure he will fix it at the top level.

Having said that, he has only played 9 games. Once Switta is fit, unless Walters is rested, Emmett would be looked at. We can't afford to miss easy opportunities when we have momentum.

I was big on him at Peel last year but after his two games last year, his issues from Peel are coming through, disposal and decision making.

That massive stuff up that he had wasn’t an anomaly, he does 1 or 2 a game where he costs us gimme goals. It’s the lack of forward line class we’ve all been bemoaning the last month.

His pressure and intent is so good it’s enough for now but he absolutely has to fix it and given how he was at Peel, it’s not a sure thing he will
I think his head is currently running too fast and he's not taking the split second he needs to gather himself and make the right decision.

That will only come with exposure at AFL level

As a WAFL watcher, the difference between Davies and Draper was minimal, Draper probably had more bounce out of defense but have we been seeing that at AFL level anyway? Davies probably the better stopper at this point in his career, its a no brainer to bring in Davies for Draper IMO

Even if they don't do that, its better to debut Davies as he is likely going to be needed for the next 5 or so weeks (3 minimum if Draper hammy and then might need WAFL before coming back as he is young)
If they play Naismith and Ryan forward, our backs will have a field day running off them.. Good luck with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back