Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, Sturt vs Jaeger or Walters aside, there were some good changes this week.
Yeah, 4 at a time is plenty. Young forward line now, will need the experience and leadership of Walters.

Sturts goals don't matter because we copped look a hiding, but Banna's misses were important because we copped a hiding
I know you were being ironically funny, and it did tickle me, it really did. But I put the sad face because everyone is squabbling over what the football club dished up against the Toast. I get that fatigue could have played its part, but that game was the perfect opportunity to rest a few, drop a few, 'manage' a few (however the club wants to spin it) and it didn't have the guts.

West Coast had the guts, they went after us and did so with ruthless ambition. Frightening to think how much of a void the 2 clubs have mentality-wise. West Coast on the verge of being the worst club in the AFL 2020s-wise, defeat us with ease when we're supposed to be 'on the rise'. Alarms bells the size of King Kong's goolies.

Fremantle went into a shell like some passive-reclusive and there was no answer and it's a worry, anyone arguing who or shouldn't be in the team surely has to concede, that with J-Lo plodding this team along (irrespective of personnel) with now 3 losses in a row and a must win home game, they are worried about the season. Could easily derail on Sat night.

J-Lo's job could be determined by this game, maybe not straight away but this could be a deciding moment going forward - especially if it's a bad loss. He has to win it, he knows it and that's added pressure from which he's had before, and he's shown that pressure opens up cracks there. Like, biting nails in the box kind of cracks.

I feel uneasy about it and I hope I'm dead wrong, that Voss and Simpson (and co.) get to sing the song come post-siren, but this could be the one that bursts the dam wall. Let's hope that we're just 'scarred' from the Derby loss, because it could get a lot worse.

Time to put on your big boy pants Freo, have you got what it takes....?!?!

I know you were being ironically funny, and it did tickle me, it really did. But I put the sad face because everyone is squabbling over what the football club dished up against the Toast. I get that fatigue could have played its part, but that game was the perfect opportunity to rest a few, drop a few, 'manage' a few (however the club wants to spin it) and it didn't have the guts.

West Coast had the guts, they went after us and did so with ruthless ambition. Frightening to think how much of a void the 2 clubs have mentality-wise. West Coast on the verge of being the worst club in the AFL 2020s-wise, defeat us with ease when we're supposed to be 'on the rise'. Alarms bells the size of King Kong's goolies.

Fremantle went into a shell like some passive-reclusive and there was no answer and it's a worry, anyone arguing who or shouldn't be in the team surely has to concede, that with J-Lo plodding this team along (irrespective of personnel) with now 3 losses in a row and a must win home game, they are worried about the season. Could easily derail on Sat night.

J-Lo's job could be determined by this game, maybe not straight away but this could be a deciding moment going forward - especially if it's a bad loss. He has to win it, he knows it and that's added pressure from which he's had before, and he's shown that pressure opens up cracks there. Like, biting nails in the box kind of cracks.

I feel uneasy about it and I hope I'm dead wrong, that Voss and Simpson (and co.) get to sing the song come post-siren, but this could be the one that bursts the dam wall. Let's hope that we're just 'scarred' from the Derby loss, because it could get a lot worse.

Time to put on your big boy pants Freo, have you got what it takes....?!?!
Mate I could write up something concluding the exact opposite, that the derby will drive standards even higher and they'll be determined for it to not happen again.

There has been much hyperbole to us failing to bring our best in 1/6 games. They deserve an opportunity to respond. This is why the threads about taking a stand are a bit silly, the derby result is not a trend, it's the outlier. If a trend is established then sure change is required.

Our results so far have shown we're going in right direction.

Anyway, Sturt vs Jaeger or Walters aside, there were some good changes this week.
I am very excited for Simpson, the club seems massive on him and it’s only been last minutes knocks or illness that have kept him out so far and this is from a committee that is extremely reluctant to play kids early in the year

Yeah, 4 at a time is plenty. Young forward line now, will need the experience and leadership of Walters.
That’s actually a good point.
Treacy is still 21, and pretty insane he’s one of the senior players in that forward line already.

The forward line is adequate for a rebuilding side but unfortunately the list management have forced this team to be contending with the midfield and defence.

Random Question, I want your personal opinion on this, actually all dockers fans opinion on this question.

If Lachie Schulz was still on freos list, would walters been dropped already this season?
It's not a reasonable/simple question.

Add another goal kicking small forward and Walters likely has a different impact.

My personal opinion is that in our current situation we should look to the future with selection options. Fyfe seems like the only older player deserving his spot.

Mate I could write up something concluding the exact opposite, that the derby will drive standards even higher and they'll be determined for it to not happen again.

There has been much hyperbole to us failing to bring our best in 1/6 games. They deserve an opportunity to respond. This is why the threads about taking a stand are a bit silly, the derby result is not a trend, it's the outlier. If a trend is established then sure change is required.

Our results so far have shown we're going in right direction.
This is correct, the next month will tell us a lot. One game tells us not much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a reasonable/simple question.

Add another goal kicking small forward and Walters likely has a different impact.

My personal opinion is that in our current situation we should look to the future with selection options. Fyfe seems like the only older player deserving his spot.
Gotta say... if is in the middle of stiff. He ain't with us. He wanted out , we can't dream on what we don't have.

Based on the forward line of

Walters, Treacy, Emmett
Fredrick, Voss, Jackson
(Not including JOM, as he’s not a forward)

Average games: 70.16
Average age: 23.5

That’s pretty inexperienced.

Take our Walters:
Without Walters: 38.6
Average Age: 21.6

It really is a rebuilding side competing for top 8. That’s a bit of pressure

Based on the forward line of

Walters, Treacy, Emmett
Fredrick, Voss, Jackson
(Not including JOM, as he’s not a forward)

Average games: 70.16
Average age: 23.5

That’s pretty inexperienced.

Take our Walters:
Without Walters: 38.6
Average Age: 21.6

It really is a rebuilding side competing for top 8. That’s a bit of pressure
You’ve hit the nail on the head there. It’s clearly why JOM and Walters are in the team, because despite all the huff and puff in preseason about about embracing the youthful exuberance our kids bring, the coaches are scared of fronting up with an average age of 21 in the forward line, instead of picking the team with the greatest chance of success despite their age.

When a player can run away from you bouncing the ball and put 10-15m on you when you’re flat strap and it’s not a caught out by momentum thing you are DONE at AFL level ****ing DONE

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was also the moment I realised JOM was done at the level. Two and a half more years of that is not worth thinking about.

I am very excited for Simpson, the club seems massive on him and it’s only been last minutes knocks or illness that have kept him out so far and this is from a committee that is extremely reluctant to play kids early in the year
Unlike many here, I see him sitting as a starter on the bench. He will come on after about ten minutes. I am sure they will not play safe with him.We need to see just what we have in the barrel maker.
The club think so much of him, it is too much to think he will be a sub.

Unlike many here, I see him sitting as a starter on the bench. He will come on after about ten minutes. I am sure they will not play safe with him.We need to see just what we have in the barrel maker.
The club think so much of him, it is too much to think he will be a sub.
I think you are going to be disappointed but hope the club proves you right

I think he’ll hurt someone tbh 💪
I remember in one of our intra clubs possibly the last one he tackled someone and literally got them in a bear hug, lifted them up while moving towards the goals…almost looked like Nelson from Simpsons picking up Martin and shaking out his lunch money or something.

The guy is strong and he knows it. We need a bully and thug out there 👊 we are too nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back