Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I did find it a bit rich JLo defending Walters on account of the midfield not being able to get the ball into the forward line meanwhile Sturt kicks 2 in the same forward line and gets dropped
I’m going into full hater mode now unfortunately but the irony is that it wouldn’t even matter with Walters, he can’t get to contests and if he can he can’t win them unless he gets a free.

I don't have an issue with people having a view on how Sturt performed on the weekend but this bull$hit notion of goals in junktime in nonsensical.
I dont even know why s_wd6 keeps saying it, it's literally false and doesnt help their opinion

I did find it a bit rich JLo defending Walters on account of the midfield not being able to get the ball into the forward line meanwhile Sturt kicks 2 in the same forward line and gets dropped
This seems irrelevant to me. Sturt is out because Freddie is back, it's literally that simple.

Walters I get as he’s been a great servant of the club, but JOM? Wtaf does he offer?

Watched the GWS win tonight and the hunger from their forwards, young and quick. Darcy Jones came in for Greene and an debutant and ran his ass of along with Thomas and Bedford. Freo have Walters and JOM, plus Emmett who doesn’t have the pace. That ball is going to ping out there so quickly.

Will be very interesting to see who JL names as the sub. I just hope it’s not Simpson. Banfield and Johnson surely on their last legs, I’m thinking it’s one of them. Switta available next week inject some much needed speed into the squad.

That GWS game was an example for us of what we need. As you said the GWS small forwards were very good (Young Jones is going to be a super star) but what won them the game was Lachie Whitfield and young Fin Callaghan running off half back. Both had 30+ and about 1km of metres gained between them - just another reason why we need Young back at half back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What role though. He was bought in last week probably underdone but because we had limited choices.

So you want to try him in an unproven role in a critical game this week over other players just to keep him in.
I see no reason he cant play the "unable to contest" role Walters is playing at the moment.

I dont even mind much if Sturt plays or not to be honest, Walters should not be. It's hurting him as much as us at this stage. Move things around, Stanley, Sturt or Simpson (for a full game) can do whatever Walters is doing and give more

What role though. He was bought in last week probably underdone but because we had limited choices.

So you want to try him in an unproven role in a critical game this week over other players just to keep him in.

I think Sturt has and can play the same wing/forward role Banfield does.

And I back Sturt to finish better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and the other one was in the 2nd

Anyway, what's he gonna do, refuse to kick goals in the 4th because they don't matter?

It's a pretty silly point
Not saying don’t kick goals in the forth, just saying if that’s all you do in a game then it’s not enough to hold your spot in the team.

I think Sturt has and can play the same wing/forward role Banfield does.

And I back Sturt to finish better
Perhaps and maybe he should discuss with the coaching staff. But maybe they should trial that at peel though and not just assume in this critical game against the dogs

You think he currently has the fitness/tank to though with his interrupted season. Let's see how he finishes better under fatigue 😉

Perhaps. But maybe they should trial that at peel though and not just assume in this critical game against the dogs

You think he currently has the fitness/tank to though with his interrupted season. Let's see how he finishes better under fatigue 😉

He played that role at AFL level last year.

The entire game Sturt gave himself two chances to get a goal. Yet the worser forward of the two generated double the shots. There’s a lot more to being a good forward than kicking goals. Sturt is a one dimensional player where Bailey is actually versatile and the reason why he gets so many opportunities is because he plays whatever role he’s needed for. He genuinely halved more contests playing as a third tall than Sturt did. Maybe if Sturt wants to get as many chances as Banfield he should expand his skillset.

You cannot compare Banfield the tagger, small forward, medium/tall forward, winger, super sub to Sturt the medium forward and wonder why Banfield has earned himself more opportunities.

Is the coach going to look at the game and see “hey, this guy missed a couple easy shots that I’ve seen him make plenty of times before, let me drop him” or is he going to see “hey, look at that great forward pressure that lead to a htb. What a great block to let Treacy take a mark. What a good crumb. Etc etc.”

If my memory is correct Sturt actually handballed the ball to Banfield when he missed in the first quarter

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we are talking about this week only , do you think Sturt has the tank/fitness to play this role

Probably not, we would have to rotate quite a few through there.

We were massively down on sprint effort against WC and for someone who is quick he didn't feature in the top fives for anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back