Prediction Changes: Round 4 Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

When the fixture was released this was the game I most wanted us to win. I have a feeling this is another that will be decided by a kick, should be a good game for the neutrals tagging along at least. I expect a heavily pro-Carlton crowd.
I might watch this one under my doona lol

I think Young is going to make a big difference this time and having Fyfe back playing decent footy is massive for this game
Last few times Serong and Brayshaw were just getting pushed around no matter how well Darcy rucked

This time with Jackson , Fyfe and Young in there and Serong / Brayshaw playing at their best we are in this up to our eyeballs

Carn Freeooo ⚓

Also we are missing Walsh, Docherty and Cuningham which definitely evens up the midfield battle.

Jackson/Fyfe/Young/Serong/Brayshaw vs De Koning/Cripps/Cerra/Hewett/Kennedy. Both teams will roll more through there but they are the main ones.

Also we are missing Walsh, Docherty and Cuningham which definitely evens up the midfield battle.

Jackson/Fyfe/Young/Serong/Brayshaw vs De Koning/Cripps/Cerra/Hewett/Kennedy. Both teams will roll more through there but they are the main ones.
ahhh this never ends well..

If we win this game I think we will finish 4/5th this year. Carlton are a top four side unfortunately and they will get a rub from the umps. The AFL trademarked flagmantle so maybe they will do the same for us 🤷‍♀️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon given how much that is being focused on in the media, it could work for us. The umpires always over compensate, Curnow and McKay could find it very difficult this week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You could be right. If unpires give a lot of free kicks to one team in the first half of a game, they will try to even up the differential in the second half of the game by giving the opposition more free kicks. At least that is what I've observed watching footy for years.

You could be right. If unpires give a lot of free kicks to one team in the first half of a game, they will try to even up the differential in the second half of the game by giving the opposition more free kicks. At least that is what I've observed watching footy for years.
Free kicks in the back pocket don't equal free kicks in the forward pocket.

I reckon given how much that is being focused on in the media, it could work for us. The umpires always over compensate, Curnow and McKay could find it very difficult this week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nothing will happen at all.

Watch Pearce get done for the softest crap you've ever seen while Amiss will get absolutely man-handled at the other end.

Last edited:
Sadly i can see it now. Our players will play badly and lose but the Forum crowd will only look at the Free kick count.

IF we play our best we can win. forget the umpires. they will make mistakes they are human.

Our players just need to make less mistakes than the umpires....

If it works it doesn't matter what it looks like.

The thing with Emmett that I've noticed is that he tends to take possession of the ball at speed and half a yard behind him but the sticky fingers maintain control of the ball and it goes forward.

Another player might not be able to rescue those handpasses like that, resulting in a turnover or more contest.

If it's pressuring the opposition by working to space, it's doing something. I know ultimately forwards are there to kick goals but it's entirely possible that Banfield and Walters are playing the juicy roles up forward and Emmett is playing the higher role that doesn't get as much lick of the ice cream.
Emmett hits the ball at speed and power. I just wish he used that to snap goals like he did last year instead of dishing it off to a stationary player. Also I liked his game through the midfield running forward. Hard to stop that sort of link up. Love to see him at Peel playing midfield. Big bodied, fast and decent kick.

JOM has been sub, Emmett does good things and may have sticky hands and play to space but is also a forward and has 0 goals, and 4 tackles in 3 weeks (0 tackles against Adelaide). One of those two needs to make way for Ras to be rewarded for effort at Peel.

The coverage on Carlton over here is approaching 7perth on WCE levels, please please please please win
soz, we prefer to lose after the siren following a dubious free kick that is awarded 60m downfield and taken by the 2nd Carlton player closest to the ball that surprisingly happens to be the better kick of the 2.

Emmett hits the ball at speed and power. I just wish he used that to snap goals like he did last year instead of dishing it off to a stationary player. Also I liked his game through the midfield running forward. Hard to stop that sort of link up. Love to see him at Peel playing midfield. Big bodied, fast and decent kick.
He played inside mid for Peel last season. He is pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back