Prediction Changes: Round 9 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The only worry is that we've got a history of choking in prime-time games at home.

On a good note - the team are focused. It was re-assuring when Jordan Clark mentioned that he and the boys love five day breaks and just to keep playing footy!
Could be negated by the fact Sydney are travelling and off B2B 6 day breaks.

Really pissed off too, the fact Treacy is in career best form in his best position.
Now will be forced to batter against Grundy.
Honestly.. just play Reidy or Knobel. It’s getting tiredsome. Surely there’s a plan B? As Darcy is injured for 60% of every season.
Keep the JJJ, and add a ruck. Not that hard. What’s the depth there for then?

Not forced at all…if Darcy doesn’t get up, play Reidy…if not that’s a choice

Emmett has to shine here. I'd give him the 100 hits task Lethal Matthews used to give the Brissie blokes. Put a picture of Nick Blakey on every flat surface near Tommy Emmett and a loop of "Kick Out The Jams" playing in his ear until game time.

The second that shoulderless freak starts snaking his way out of defence, he needs a full-speed Emmett enema.

Darcy didn't train, we surely aren't going to risk him

Give it's likely wet or soggy especially with that s**t ground at the stadium atm - bring in another small or defensive mid

Maybe Raz to tag on half forward line?

For me

Out: Coops, Darcy
In: switta, Raz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with you that Darcy shouldn't play but we've been going with 3 talls for when Treacy is in the ruck they don't want Amiss as the only tall forward. Either Sturt or Voss will come in for Darcy unless the weather is horrendous.

Voss in the 22 with the view of subbing him out at half time for Walters has merit.

We obviously don't rate Reidy as an AFL ruck or at the very least think that Jackson + Treacy + Voss is better than Reidy + Jackson + Treacy.
It’s close to dangerous territory.
Run the risk of injuring Jackson and Treacy being bullied by full time rucks.
Use Reidy as foil. Teams these days have elite number 1 ruck with a key forward as second ruck. It’s not that hard.

Darcy cannot be trusted. At all.

Really pissed off too, the fact Treacy is in career best form in his best position.
Now will be forced to batter against Grundy.
Honestly.. just play Reidy or Knobel. It’s getting tiredsome. Surely there’s a plan B? As Darcy is injured for 60% of every season.
Keep the JJJ, and add a ruck. Not that hard. What’s the depth there for then?

Is Reidy a better ruck than Treacy and is Reidy a better ruck than Voss is a forward though? Especially with the forecast and a 5 day break I like the idea of not playing Darcy and being more mobile.

It’s close to dangerous territory.
Run the risk of injuring Jackson and Treacy being bullied by full time rucks.
Use Reidy as foil. Teams these days have elite number 1 ruck with a key forward as second ruck. It’s not that hard.

Darcy cannot be trusted. At all.
Not sure there is any increased risk of a Jackson injury given its for 1 game and Treacy might not "win" the ruck but he competes well for his size.

We've got Darcy for 7 years, it is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one that doesn't think it is? Sydney and Melbourne are 50/50 and we should beat Saints and Collingwood. We should be going at least 3/4 from this stretch.

Huge month for the footy club. If we're top 6 after the bye and Cox comes back and he hits the ground running it could be a big year. We're already top 4 in clearances and defence and I consider Cox among our top 5 most important players.

Sydney lost when they had their rebound from defense game taken away. We need to bring as much forward pressure as possible so they have to rush those kicks forward, allowing us to spoil the attempt.

If that means we bring in a fit, fast player to swap out someone like Walters so we can apply that pressure then it's a good plan.

Banfield, Emmett or Erasmus to play a run with role on Blakey?

Erasmus to come in and do a Nyhuis by kicking 4 as a defensive forward.

Will Hayden Young be matched up on heeney as a bit of a tagger/defensive role? I'm glad both players are finally in the midfield lol.

Will Hayden Young be matched up on heeney as a bit of a tagger/defensive role? I'm glad both players are finally in the midfield lol.
I don't think we'll do that. JL will instruct our mids to play our way and win the contest first. Young is naturally the defensive sweeper.
JL doesn't want us to be a team that tags the opposition, he wants his troops to back themselves and win positively.

Thanks.

While we're at it. A term I've been hearing thrown around a lot lately is 'Cat 10'. I'm not ashamed to ask the question here and certainly there are others wondering what this is?!

One of those moments....
Although his may have been a CAT15 if there is such a thing :(

Young is becoming one of the best attacking mids in the game! Swans might think about tagging him!

Johnson might play a defensive role on Heeney but we will be backing our mids to win the contest like we did against Blues and Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back