Prediction Rd 6 Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any other sort?
Been sent Harley Reid highlights from the weekend about 5 times. They played the Eagles song on the speaker on loop after winning on Sunday. Its not been an easy week. I'm happy i flew out on Wednesday.

Been sent Harley Reid highlights from the weekend about 5 times. They played the Eagles song on the speaker on loop after winning on Sunday. Its not been an easy week. I'm happy i flew out on Wednesday.
How long does it normally take for top 5 round picks to extend there time at the club?

I am over 'supporters' continuing to flame some of our players. It's like the Banfield bashing will never end, no matter how well he plays. Sorry if I choose not to put up with it. It's sad that some of us have to keep defending him.
I'm a Banfield fan.
He makes a great sub.
Hes safely best 23 at the moment and Sub is a key, but sadly underrated, position.

The top 20 got given 3 year deals and pretty sure they aren't able to extend until after round 6, there was an AFL.com.au article recently confirming it.
Taylor would it make sense for him to extend beyond that? I read that the club was already trying to get an extension so will be interesting to see what happens. He has shown more emotion/heart then Cerra ever did.

Nah playing banners as sub just cause he has shown versatility to excel in that role doesn't mean he should not be starting, if b22 currently which he is. Carrying 2 underdone players is not ideal. I think Darcy start and subbed off for Sturt.

From recent games seems like banners been starting and then resting for large chunks of 2nd qrter, where he then bought back in later stages

Otherwise find another versatile sub lol

Nah playing banners as sub just cause he has shown versatility to excel in that role doesn't mean he should not be starting, if b22 currently which he is. Carrying 2 underdone players is not ideal. I think Darcy start and subbed off for Sturt.

Otherwise find another versatile sub lol
I agree with the idea behind the original post but also agree Banners has done enough to lock in a starting spot until proven otherwise. I dont think we have enough forwarads for Sturt to start on the bench though, particularly enough forwards with any kind of speed. I would swap Johnno and Ras. Johnno isnt doing enough and I think could do real damage coming on in the third, straight onto the ball the rest of the game.

I think it has to be Ras, Johnno or JoM as sub. One of the former most likely.

If Sturt is coming in after a broken pre-season and 1 WAFL game its because we didn't think we could get away with playing a mid as as a permanent/high volume forward.

Sturt has to start (IMO obvs). Think he's a terrible idea as sub.

JOM was named on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree with the idea behind the original post but also agree Banners has done enough to lock in a starting spot until proven otherwise. I dont think we have enough forwarads for Sturt to start on the bench though, particularly enough forwards with any kind of speed. I would swap Johnno and Ras. Johnno isnt doing enough and I think could do real damage coming on in the third, straight onto the ball the rest of the game.
Stop sitting on the fence. You know you want to join the light side lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Potter No GIF

In all seriousness, I think Wray27 was correct saying the sub is an issue - Ras and JOM can not take that role (particularly Ras), I disagree Banners should have to suffer for it though

Given Switta has only kicked about 20 goals in his career and Emmett struggles to get involved, all Sturt has to do is follow the team directions for defense and he's fine. And again, I don't reckon I've heard JL question him on that since the start of last year.

Not that I totally disagree with anything you've said, but I can't let you get away with saying one of my favourite players has only kicked about 20 goals. The actual figure is 46 at an average of about 2 goals for every 3 games played.

I know that they had at times isolated banners in the goal square. Is it possible to use Sturt in this position so he can perhaps lead out to space.. not sure how he would be 1 on 1 in the goal square though..

Sturt should be forced to watch every game Bayley Fritsch has played. Pretty much a clone of Fritsch, same height, same weight, both left footers who can kick outside 50 and both quick for their size and good on the lead

In an ideal world I think we get to the point with this list where being the sub is not seen as an insult, but rather a reflection of our depth. I don't think it's contradictory to say that Banfield makes an excellent sub (he's extremely versatile, highly role driven and has proven to make an immediate impact as sub) and is also worthy of a spot in the starting 22.

Not that we're quite there yet :p

In an ideal world I think we get to the point with this list where being the sub is not seen as an insult, but rather a reflection of our depth. I don't think it's contradictory to say that Banfield makes an excellent sub (he's extremely versatile, highly role driven and has proven to make an immediate impact as sub) and is also worthy of a spot in the starting 22.

Not that we're quite there yet :p
Yeh but that versatility is also useful starting a game not waiting for an injury to occur first or for us to be losing. Subs rarely activated prior to 3 qrter time

Not that I totally disagree with anything you've said, but I can't let you get away with saying one of my favourite players has only kicked about 20 goals. The actual figure is 46 at an average of about 2 goals for every 3 games played.

Saying 2 goals every 3 games makes it sound better than his average of 0.6 goals per game, but the fact is he doesn’t score a lot for a small forward, his value is his pressure

Can’t agree more with this post, if everything is going well, 30+ points in front at 3/4 time, sub Fyfe out and Johnson a full quarter in the guts to inject some fresh legs in there. If Sturt is struggling, sub him out, Roll Banners forward and play Johnson on the congested wing. Same applies with Darcy, if he’s fading, Jackson goes into the Ruck, Banners plays 3rd tall and Johnson to a wing. The versatility of Banfield allows us to go into the game with 3 clear scenarios for a tactical sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back