Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have an issue with people having a view on how Sturt performed on the weekend but this bull$hit notion of goals in junktime in nonsensical.
WC definitely took the foot off the pedal in the last but I get what you’re saying. I never used the term junk time just said one goal was when the game was shot.

I like Sturt just feel he isn’t quite cherry ripe as yet with delayed PS. He was pushed into the team due to personnel issues. Yes he ended playing out of position.

My point was he didn’t overly impress.

Walters was non-existent. But he did manage 1 more possession than Sturt, 4 more tackles and 4 more pressure acts. Walters is on thin ice but he is marginally ahead of Sturt, played some decent games in the early part and was well held by an emerging tight checking defender.

I’m all for Voss replacing Amiss, that’s not sturts position and it showed on the weekend, Walters and JOM are not going to take us anywhere though, Frederick could have taken Walters spot or Banfield could take JOMs, both options mean Sturt keeps his spot and our forward line is more dangerous, this is what we’ve named:
JOM Jackson Frederick
Walters Treacy Emmett
Bench: Voss, Banfield, Simpson (one of whom will likely be sub) tell me with a straight face that Sturt doesn’t improve that forward line.
Can't really disagree with any of that.

I'm JoM's "buddy" so I'm so so so so psyched that our fabulous incredible revolutionary cutting edge effort rewarding coach hasn't dropped the fabulous, multiple 10 mark 5 goal per game 30 possession stalwart JOM this week, and no doubt won't ever drop JOM for the next 8 rounds, ey.

BpG's Buddies are always Being Picked Gratuitously, because people genuflect. EY.

WC definitely took the foot off the pedal in the last but I get what you’re saying. I never used the term junk time just said one goal was when the game was shot.

I like Sturt just feel he isn’t quite cherry ripe as yet with delayed PS. He was pushed into the team due to personnel issues. Yes he ended playing out of position.

My point was he didn’t overly impress.

Walters was non-existent. But he did manage 1 more possession than Sturt, 4 more tackles and 4 more pressure acts. Walters is on thin ice but he is marginally ahead of Sturt, played some decent games in the early part and was well held by an emerging tight checking defender.
Banfield, Hughes and JOM shouldn't have been on the list at the start of this year. The fact they are taking games ahead of the likes of Stanley, Brodie and Chapman just says everything about the conservative coaching of Longmuir.

I actually think Banfield is playing well. Especially up the ground. He knows how to find the ball & usually takes some ground & uses it ok.

Hughes is cooked & has rightly been replaced by Chapman.

I think Stanley deserves a chance at winger soon. Exactly what we need.

JOM is cooked and is the most obvious undeserving player in there.

Emmett is extremely limited and is there on effort.

Sturt has 2 big problems. He doesn’t find enough ball. Just disappears. Doesn’t seem to have much game sense. Plus he’s not good one on one. He’s too easily beaten in the air AND on the ground. The only thing he’s good at is marking on the lead & converting. It’s pretty handy & he’s very good at it but it’s not enough unless he’s got better mids kicking at him & they look for him more often.
Amiss can beat bigger defenders in the air, he’s a very clever contested mark but he’s crafty on the ground as well. AND he can lead.
I’d love to see a full year of Sturt surrounded by better players where he’s cream & can have his 8-10 possessions & kick 2-3 goals. He’s the kind of player who could make a difference in a final. But at the moment he’s a luxury item & he’s not fit.

Based on the forward line of

Walters, Treacy, Emmett
Fredrick, Voss, Jackson
(Not including JOM, as he’s not a forward)

Average games: 70.16
Average age: 23.5

That’s pretty inexperienced.

Take our Walters:
Without Walters: 38.6
Average Age: 21.6

It really is a rebuilding side competing for top 8. That’s a bit of pressure
You can probably add Simpsons 18years and 0 games to that as he’s the 7th forward (and/or sub forward).

I’m all for Voss replacing Amiss, that’s not sturts position and it showed on the weekend, Walters and JOM are not going to take us anywhere though, Frederick could have taken Walters spot or Banfield could take JOMs, both options mean Sturt keeps his spot and our forward line is more dangerous, this is what we’ve named:
JOM Jackson Frederick
Walters Treacy Emmett
Bench: Voss, Banfield, Simpson (one of whom will likely be sub) tell me with a straight face that Sturt doesn’t improve that forward line.
Sturt doesn’t improve that forward line.

Or the team.

we all wish he did, especially after his game in 2020 vs Essendon, but he doesn’t. He won’t be playing afl after 2024.

Sturt doesn’t improve that forward line.

Or the team.

we all wish he did, especially after his game in 2020 vs Essendon, but he doesn’t. He won’t be playing afl after 2024.
You're kidding if you think JOM offers more as a forward than Sturt

It's just factually incorrect

Then you have a couple of debutants who we have no idea on, for those 2 atleast you could project them better than Sturt but you definitely can't do that with JOM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Draper plays on him and runs off him all day. With Lobb and Sam Darcy playing they are bloody tall and you’d think Pearce has to take Naughton as their most dangerous forward.
I have a suspicion Ryan might play on Naughton. Anywho i agree, it’s a game where Clark and Walker need to exploit Bullies with their run but then you remember we don’t exactly play fast footy out of the backline 🤔

And then Bont goes forward.

Draper on Darcy
Pearce on Naughton
Ryan on dickhead
Chapman on Bont
I’m looking forward to Chappy on a wing. Been in motion for 24 months and unfortunately he’s been held back with injuries. Gifted Hughes two seasons. Has the skill set to be a great winger and another marking option without sending one of the talls up the line.

I really do hope Voss and Simpson click and with Switta and Amiss returning next week from concussion protocols it’ll push Banfield and JOM out of the side and hopefully for good.

I'd be all for paying out the final two years of JOM wages just so he’s not list clogging the development of younger, faster and hungrier players. Just look at the youth at GWS in their forward line over the weekend.

Yes Greene returning from suspension will see Thomas or Jones sent back to the reserves but at least Kingsley gave them the exposure and backed his youth. Freo have JOM running around offering nothing but experience at HF, let that sink in.

Banfield, Hughes and JOM shouldn't have been on the list at the start of this year. The fact they are taking games ahead of the likes of Stanley, Brodie and Chapman just says everything about the conservative coaching of Longmuir.
Ey? Chapman has been injured so no one was playing ahead of him

I have a suspicion Ryan might play on Naughton. Anywho i agree, it’s a game where Clark and Walker need to exploit Bullies with their run but then you remember we don’t exactly play fast footy out of the backline 🤔
Heath Chapman might change that, our best player at turning defence into offence. We've really missed him.

Heath Chapman might change that, our best player at turning defence into offence. We've really missed him.
should make a difference, his will to attack and push it forward massively replaces Hughes who although is a solid, tough defender, is hesitant with ball in hand. Heath can just flick a switch and get things moving. Big in

Not confident at all unfortunately.
Need to start showing some mongel, this is a weak team.
Leadership group is a joke.
Need to start bringing in Callan Ward's, or Tom Green etc need some mids who have a reputation for toughness.
At the moment we are like the coach, Bland

Not confident at all unfortunately.
Need to start showing some mongel, this is a weak team.
Leadership group is a joke.
Need to start bringing in Callan Ward's, or Tom Green etc need some mids who have a reputation for toughness.
At the moment we are like the coach, Bland
Think this is a fallacy. Mids needing to be 'tough' guys. Some of the best mids were seemingly 'nice' guys like Judd etc. our mids lack the finishing polish whether field kick or for goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back