Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Does MCG suit Freo? I know that Freo has beaten Melbourne over the years. Do you feel the G helps Freo's possession focused approach?
Done okay actually. Beat Hawthorn to finish off the season last year.
Melbourne last two times Fremantle played them there.
Seems like a friendly group for Jl’s game plan

Depends who we play at MCG . We do ok but sometimes we get over awed I think

Hi all.

Does MCG suit Freo? I know that Freo has beaten Melbourne over the years. Do you feel the G helps Freo's possession focused approach?
3 wins from 7 under Longmuir so not too bad.

Under Ross Lyon we were 9 wins from 17 games.

So since 2012 we are 12 from 24 at 50% which is pretty good record by Freo's standards interstate.

We're lucky we have 2 games this year tbh (don't normally play Essendon at the G).

I'm sick of these BS games in Alice/Tasmania ect. We should be playing at least 3 games a year there.

Also the MCG shouldn't be nearly as daunting for us as it used to be. Back in the Subi days I used to be in awe of the G every time I'd go there, was just a monolith. Ever since we started playing at optus every time I've been there it just hasn't seemed that much bigger.

Other than the RTB era that's always been a Freo issue though because we're not a destination club so if someone leaves bringing in picks is the best option. We either bring in big name mercenaries (Tarrant, Croad, etc) or role players (Aish, Acres, Matt Carr, etc).
Where does Jackson fit in?

TEAM v Richmond​

B: James Aish, Alex Pearce, Joshua Draper
HB: Heath Chapman, Luke Ryan, Jordan Clark
C: Jaeger O’Meara, Andrew Brayshaw, Hayden Young
HF: Jeremy Sharp, Josh Treacy, Michael Frederick
FF: Michael Walters, Jye Amiss, Luke Jackson
R/Fol: Sean Darcy, Caleb Serong, Nat Fyfe
Int: Tom Emmett, Matthew Johnson, Bailey Banfield, Brandon Walker, Cooper Simpson
With the exception of Cox for Draper, is this our best 22?

don't rate O'Meara as best 22, personally, and Sonny def not in current form.

but it's not far off. Cox when fit, obviously.
The only guy who realistically would come in for JOM would be Erasmus or Brodie. Erasmus is not in better form and Brodie (for better or worse) just isn’t getting picked.

Sonny has had some average games. Let’s see how he goes today.

We're lucky we have 2 games this year tbh (don't normally play Essendon at the G).

I'm sick of these BS games in Alice/Tasmania ect. We should be playing at least 3 games a year there.

Also the MCG shouldn't be nearly as daunting for us as it used to be. Back in the Subi days I used to be in awe of the G every time I'd go there, was just a monolith. Ever since we started playing at optus every time I've been there it just hasn't seemed that much bigger.
When was the last time we even played Essendon there?

Melbourne has a home game v Fremantle… in Alice Springs.
Hawthorn also hosting a home game.. in Launceston.
Amazing fixture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after watching the replay I could see why JOM stays

it's so different on tv compared to watching it at Oprua

It is. I sit right behind where Simpson made those plays & the acceleration & step & how he kicks it looked so impressive in real time.
I was surprised some people here weren’t blown away then watching it on TV it doesn’t convey the athleticism as much.

The opposite happens with someone like O’Meara, he’s practically invisible at the game but seems to bob up regularly in little moments in replay.

I hope not starting Fyfe doesn’t burn us. He was literally the difference in the first quarter last week.

It is. I sit right behind where Simpson made those plays & the acceleration & step & how he kicks it looked so impressive in real time.
I was surprised some people here weren’t blown away then watching it on TV it doesn’t convey the athleticism as much.

The opposite happens with someone like O’Meara, he’s practically invisible at the game but seems to bob up regularly in little moments in replay.

I hope not starting Fyfe doesn’t burn us. He was literally the difference in the first quarter last week.
agree with everything you said
When Simpson did that play, my son said "OMG it's Chris Judd"
I hope he continues to improve! Drizzy and Johnston showed so much early promise then...

I didn't get to see any melts or negativity lol
wouldn't be a footy club without fans who only get negative and blind eyed people that hate more than love.

and of course internet seems to promote that too . a lot of discussions in here would never happen in real life face to face

Remove this Banner Ad

Back