Prediction Rd 6 Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor would it make sense for him to extend beyond that? I read that the club was already trying to get an extension so will be interesting to see what happens. He has shown more emotion/heart then Cerra ever did.

All the gun players at the moment are concious of Tasmania being able to pay them a massive signing bonus and be poached from their club without the need for a trade.

That means everyone will want to be out of contract end of 2027 to leverage.

2024, 2025, 2026 already locked in for Reid. One year extension would make a lot of sense for him.

Can’t agree more with this post, if everything is going well, 30+ points in front at 3/4 time, sub Fyfe out and Johnson a full quarter in the guts to inject some fresh legs in there. If Sturt is struggling, sub him out, Roll Banners forward and play Johnson on the congested wing. Same applies with Darcy, if he’s fading, Jackson goes into the Ruck, Banners plays 3rd tall and Johnson to a wing. The versatility of Banfield allows us to go into the game with 3 clear scenarios for a tactical sub.
be ideal if we are going well enough to sub Fyfe out to have him ready for the Bulldogs game

Can’t agree more with this post, if everything is going well, 30+ points in front at 3/4 time, sub Fyfe out and Johnson a full quarter in the guts to inject some fresh legs in there. If Sturt is struggling, sub him out, Roll Banners forward and play Johnson on the congested wing. Same applies with Darcy, if he’s fading, Jackson goes into the Ruck, Banners plays 3rd tall and Johnson to a wing. The versatility of Banfield allows us to go into the game with 3 clear scenarios for a tactical sub.

It will be closer to a 50 point lead at 3/4 time. I can't wait!

I agree with the idea behind the original post but also agree Banners has done enough to lock in a starting spot until proven otherwise. I dont think we have enough forwarads for Sturt to start on the bench though, particularly enough forwards with any kind of speed. I would swap Johnno and Ras. Johnno isnt doing enough and I think could do real damage coming on in the third, straight onto the ball the rest of the game.
Johnson needs a kick in the pants. Should absolutely be sub.

that's better than dropping him to Peel
He is only sub out of necessity. Liam pulled his finger out after a long stint at Peel. Johnson needs the same treatment. His growth has stunted at the top level and it won't improve until some changes are made.

Pretty insane to see both Gaff and Simpson named as emergencies for either side. Hugely experienced Gaff has nosedived, Simpson hasn't even played a game at AFL level but has been given rough treatment in the WAFL, yet they are both emergencies. Says a lot and sends a clear message to Simpson, you're close but keep putting the hard yards in and you'll get your opportunity sooner rather than later.

Maybe we should just let JLo decide what he wants to do with Banfield
As his buddy I get to decide.

I don't make the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is only sub out of necessity. Liam pulled his finger out after a long stint at Peel. Johnson needs the same treatment. His growth has stunted at the top level and it won't improve until some changes are made.
I think his issues are all psychological - if he can grow his AFL brain he will be a gun

Going forward a week, what are the changes if Sturt has a blinder?

We're likely to have Chapman, Freddy, and Switta available. Assuming no fresh injuries, does Sturt hold his spot and we see Out: Hughes, Emmett, (Walters, Johnson, Erasmus?)

Under this scenario, roles probably switch up and Switta is the pressure forward.

A nice problem to have and I love the thought that we will have 22/23 availability next week.

We're likely to have Chapman, Freddy, and Switta available. Assuming no fresh injuries, does Sturt hold his spot and we see Out: Hughes, Emmett, (Walters, Johnson, Erasmus?)

Under this scenario, roles probably switch up and Switta is the pressure forward.

A nice problem to have and I love the thought that we will have 22/23 availability next week.
You leave 2 of Ras, Johnno and JoM out. I think we played 4 small forwards a lot of last year.

If Sturt has a blinder I will be surprised, and excited. He has been a bit of a tease so far.

Out Sturt in Freddy
I’d rather Sturt wasn’t given the opportunity to let us down again
Can afford to drop many more if we wanna be there in September

Looks like Chapman, Simpson and Voss are really pushing for selection following today's Peel game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back