Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming that Draper comes through on Sunday with no hammy issues a game so early in his career will be great for his further development and experience.

The guys shouldnt take them lightly but the game should be decided by this alone:

Nankervis, Baker, Pickett, Dow, McAullife, Ryan

Vs

Darcy, Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Jackson
If we don't win the clearance count by at least a 2:1 ratio, I'd say they'd underperformed.

Got that Freo nervousness though...

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why not both?

Treacy, Jackson, Voss, Amiss up front?

I think Richmond are already going to try and run us off our feet but until I've seen more of Voss taking contested marks instead of just getting his arms up to the ball or him covering a lot of ground, I wouldn't want to railroad our style that much just yet.

Hughes the Draper cover is... frustrating, way too close best 22 for my liking when we have Worner and Davies playing well at Peel.

I stand by giving Cooper a full run and Walters having a break, it's not exactly odd to manage 32 year olds anyway.

I hope Ras is not on that plane, he needs a month run at Peel with no interruptions where he can work on composure and moving the ball forward
You'd assume it'd be 1 of Hughes or Voss emergency, depending on which of Draper or Amiss we think is most likely to have a late setback.

Hughes instead of Davies might show they see the gap btwn Draper and Davies as considerable despite the media talk and the 2 year extension. But maybe their thinking is also that Davies (EDIT) needs the WAFL experience more than Hughes, and say if Draper is a 90% chance to go on and play the Richmond game (hypothetical figure), you'd rather Dixon get the WAFL game than travel with the false hope of an AFL game.

Last edited:
The melts for Hughes are weird. Draper was named on the field. He’ll play. The emergency will miss WAFL. Much better that being Hughes than Davies or Worner. The only change will be Amiss for Voss.

100% . Keeping in mind that he was in the starting 22 Round 1 this year, when we had both Cox and Omac in the team - I think it shows how far we've come if he's on the peripheral / can barely crack a game at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd assume it'd be 1 of Hughes or Voss emergency, depending on which of Draper or Amiss we think is most likely to have a late setback.

Hughes instead of Davies might show they see the gap btwn Draper and Davies as considerable despite the media talk and the 2 year extension. But maybe their thinking is also that Dixon needs the WAFL experience more than Hughes, and say if Draper is a 90% chance to go on and play the Richmond game (hypothetical figure), you'd rather Dixon get the WAFL game than travel with the false hope of an AFL game.
Dixon

Treacy, Jackson, Voss, Amiss up front?

I think Richmond are already going to try and run us off our feet but until I've seen more of Voss taking contested marks instead of just getting his arms up to the ball or him covering a lot of ground, I wouldn't want to railroad our style that much just yet.

From what I’ve seen in the WAFL and last week, Voss is not a great contested mark. Plays more like a medium forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

starting to feel like this is a 'must win' with their considerable outs.

not that it's important but we'll never f hear the end of it from the VFL media if we lose. "Full strength Freo rolls over to injury-hit Tiges etc"

certainly don't want to underestimate them, but they're very gettable rn.

huge opportunity we have to take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back